Newly coverted from logic and having trouble with Vepro

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
ag75
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Newly coverted from logic and having trouble with Vepro

Post by ag75 »

Hi, newbie here. I recently converted from logic and I'm really having trouble with Vepro hosting my large orchestral template. I have a new 6 core Mac Pro 64g mem. The processor is spiking like crazy and VEPro does not seem happy. It's basically the same template I used in logic and I didn't really have problems there. Can someone help me out with this. Anything I need to be doing differently? Any helpful tips?
Thanks!

Andrew
bralston
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Newly coverted from logic and having trouble with Vepro

Post by bralston »

Make sure you have your plugs (or at least the VEPro plugs) set to run in real time...and not pre-gen mode.
Regards,

Brian Ralston

- MacPro 7,1 3.2 GHz 16-core Intel Xeon W, 384GB 2933MHz DDR4 RAM, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD OS drive, 6TB Samsung Pro EVOPlus SSDs via Sonnet 4x4 M.2 PCIe card, Graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB, UAD-2 Quad, DP 10.13, DP 11.0,
- 15" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost to 4.8GHz, 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 mem, Radeon Pro Vega 20 w/4GB HBM2 mem, 2TB SSD storage, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD, DP 10.13