How would you apply a CC to multiple MIDI tracks?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Robert Randolph
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How would you apply a CC to multiple MIDI tracks?

Post by Robert Randolph »

It was brought up on another forum, and I was actually somewhat curious about the answer to this in DP.

If I wanted to apply the same CC (or automation) to various tracks identically, is there any other method to do this than a tedious copy-paste/merge process?
FMiguelez

Re: How would you apply a CC to multiple MIDI tracks?

Post by FMiguelez »

If "paste/merge to multiple tracks" (Edit Menu) works for this, you´d just have to do it once-
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

That's what I was looking for. The whole option/alt thing totally slipped my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lHxugvam5M
reedster

Post by reedster »

a Device Group could be another approach.
MacBook Pro 9,1 15" 16gb | 10.12.4 | DP 9.13 | xAir | NI | WIVI | Garritan | Izotope | Bidule