End of Summer release for official Slate Raven support

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
nk_e
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

End of Summer release for official Slate Raven support

Post by nk_e »

Straight from the mouth of the man himself (Steven Slate​) in his email newsletter... (emphasis added)

“There are so many cool things happening at Slate Media Technology! The Batch Commander update we released has received tons of acclaim from pros who are loving how much time they are saving by allowing their little “digital assistant” to take care of all the tedious DAW tasks. RAVEN sales are booming and we’re working hard to keep up with the demand. But the cool stuff is going to be happing at the end of the summer when we release support for tons of new DAW’s like Cubase, Digital Performer, Studio One, and Ableton Live. "

Yippee!

10 core iMacPro | 64 GB RAM | OS 12.6.7 | LOGIC PRO | STUDIO ONE 6 | CUBASE 12 | BITWIG 5 | DP 11 | MOTU Interfaces | Waaay Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.gesslr.com

Gravity Jim

Re: End of Summer release for official Slate Raven support

Post by Gravity Jim »

I've become a lot more interested in this over the past couple of months, and this announcement just about has me hooked.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
monkey man

Re: End of Summer release for official Slate Raven support

Post by monkey man »

It'll be fascinating to see how workflow is enhanced in DP.

I tend to think that whichever improvements are "enabled" would in time be taken on board by MOTU, so the skeptic in me says to hold off if possible...

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here