DP9 Demo notes/bugs

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
wackoworld
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP9 Demo notes/bugs

Post by wackoworld »

Hello, all. This is my first post here, and I hope I'm posting in the right forum. I may not be.

I am demo-ing DP9 and I have found a couple bugs, perhaps. I cannot get a soundbite to 'audition' for me as they do in DP8. I have the Audio Bundles top output in the output window set to the main outs I am using. But yet when I audition a soundbite, or select part of it in the sequence window or in the Waveform window, there is no sound.

Also, the Sequence window is very jumpy when re-sizing it.

Let me know if you are experiencing this or other issues in DP9. I am also reporting these to MOTU.

otherwise, it seems to be running very solid, and better than DP8 on my 10.8.5 OS on a Mac.

cheers,

Wackoworld
Basstrup

Re: DP9 Demo notes/bugs

Post by Basstrup »

is audible mode turned on?

Works as in DP8 here.
Analog is great... We got both WOW and Flutter - what's your bias?
MOTU: DP9 - 2 x MachV - 2 x MX4 - 2 x 1296 - 2 x 896HD - 1 x UltraLite AVB - 1 x MOTU Monitor 8 - 1 x 24i - 3 x MTP AV | UA Apollo Quad | UA Arrow | SSL 2+ || Digi 002Rack | Mackie control + expanders | UAD-2 PCIe card | 2 x Mac Pro | Mac Mini Late 2018 | OS X 10.14.6
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Yes, you probably have "Audible" turned off.

As for said jumpiness, what computer are you using and what are it's specs?
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
wackoworld

Post by wackoworld »

Yep, the new gray on gray layout in DP9 just caused me to forget to turn on 'audible mode.' I just didn't see it. ding!

However, it does sometimes not work, and I have to go into play mode for a moment, and then stop and it works. Not really a problem.

The jumpiness had to do with a particle document that was very complex with lots of redraw and the graphics were just not keeping up. It's fine.

If anybody has noted anything else with DP9, I'd be all ears. it seems very stable, though the gray on gray on black is a little much. but I like it better than all the white and bright colors that were tiring on the eyes.

thanks, - Wacko
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

You can still change the theme to something else.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]