Using 32 Lives trial-some anomalies-Help please

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Kellog
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Using 32 Lives trial-some anomalies-Help please

Post by Kellog »

Hi all, I just upgraded to DP 9. And in order to use old 32 bit Waves plugs and Sampletank 2.5 I'm trying the demo of 32 lives. Seems to work well but some of my soft synths and plugins have odd graphic behaviors going on- meaning they don't like it when I drag them around and they don't like having DP windows dragged over them. They kind of go blank until I make them the top window again. It even happens with Stylus RMX a bit, which is running 64 bit. I updated everything that could be updated to newest versions.
I'm wondering (hoping) its because I'm using the trial version of 32, which keeps fading the effected plugins in and out. Anyone know anything about this? I've heard good things about 32 lives here. Thanks Kelly
Mac mini (2018) 3.2 Ghz 6 Core Intel Core i7 w/64 GB ram, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, DP 10.13, UAD Apollo Quad, Komplete 13 Ultimate, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Keys, EZ Bass, EZ Mix 2, Stylus RMX 1.7f, Avid Eleven Rack.
Kellog

Re: Using 32 Lives trial-some anomalies-Help please

Post by Kellog »

Stylus seems normal now. It's only the Waves and Sampletank 2 screens that are acting funny visually now.
Mac mini (2018) 3.2 Ghz 6 Core Intel Core i7 w/64 GB ram, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, DP 10.13, UAD Apollo Quad, Komplete 13 Ultimate, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Keys, EZ Bass, EZ Mix 2, Stylus RMX 1.7f, Avid Eleven Rack.
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Are you using full screen mode? There are graphics anomalies that MOTU has acknowledged.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I had some issues then discovered that the demo version of 32lives was an old build. Updating to the current version fixed it.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Kellog

Post by Kellog »

Thanks for the replies. I am not using fullscreen mode.
I paid the $99 and got rid of the trial version and loaded in the full registered version. Still having the anomalies. Hmmm.
It's not horrible but just makes me wonder if something is off. But I am very glad to have access to otherwise useless plugs. We will see if it changes. If not I'll reach out to SoundRadix and let you guys know if I get a fix.
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Kellog wrote:Thanks for the replies. I am not using fullscreen mode.
I paid the $99 and got rid of the trial version and loaded in the full registered version. Still having the anomalies. Hmmm.
It's not horrible but just makes me wonder if something is off. But I am very glad to have access to otherwise useless plugs. We will see if it changes. If not I'll reach out to SoundRadix and let you guys know if I get a fix.
The window behavior you describe is completely normal for plug-ins and VI's that are wrapped using 32 Lives. It's been that way since day one of the app's first release.

It's just a quirk..not really difficult to deal with.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
Kellog

Post by Kellog »

David, helpful info thanks. To be clear- the main behavior is- when I move a '32 lives wrapped' plug window around, the main colorful part of the graphic kinda stays in place or lags behind until I get to another destination. Then it looks normal again. Is that what you mean happens as normal behavior?
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

That's normal. Your wrapped plug is actually running in the 32 Lives helper app, not DP. When you drag DP's plug in window, 32 lives repositions the wrapped plug in's UI to appear over the new location.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Kellog

Post by Kellog »

Well ok then. Thanks guys! This forum is so great.
markmcb
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by markmcb »

So 32 Lives will successfully bring Waves plug-ins into DP 64 bit? I've been running in 32 bit so I could use the Waves.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

markmcb wrote:So 32 Lives will successfully bring Waves plug-ins into DP 64 bit? I've been running in 32 bit so I could use the Waves.
Waves has 64 bit plugins now.