Confirming no issues using both DP 9 and 8

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
cbergm7210
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Confirming no issues using both DP 9 and 8

Post by cbergm7210 »

I know there were a few minor issues that affected DP 7 when you installed DP 8 (missing files, etc.). Is there anything like that with DP 9 thus far with anyone?

Just confirming.
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com
mikehalloran

Re: Confirming no issues using both DP 9 and 8

Post by mikehalloran »

The big ones were the Trim control functionality and how they both handle L.A.M.E.

L.A.M.E. was no longer an issue with DP 8.03 so can't be an issue with 9.

There are a number of ways that 9 differs from 8 as articulated in other threads but nothng like the above.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

mikehalloran wrote:The big ones were the Trim control functionality and how they both handle L.A.M.E.

There are a number of ways that 9 differs from 8 as articulated in other threads but nothng like the above.
Thanks Mike. I finally went to DP 8 in March when I was forced to reformat my Mac from scratch so I got DP9 for free and was thinking about trying it out.
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

cbergm7210 wrote:
mikehalloran wrote:The big ones were the Trim control functionality and how they both handle L.A.M.E.

Thanks Mike. I finally went to DP 8 in March when I was forced to reformat my Mac from scratch so I got DP9 for free and was thinking about trying it out.
DP8 and DP9 co-exist happily on the same boot partition. Swapping sessions back and forth is no issue IF you don't use any of the new plugins we get in DP9. DP8 will open the session but will put up a windolet say this, that and the other plugin isn't available in DP8 and gives an offer to remove said plugin(s) from the session or leave it in.