DP9 now shipping.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Gravity Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP9 now shipping.

Post by Gravity Jim »

No thread on this yet? I'm trying to order it, but the server is overloaded.

I guess nobody uses DP. :)
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
Robert Randolph

Re: DP9 now shipping.

Post by Robert Randolph »

Better plugin UI management AND MIDI mute?

How can people not love this? :woohoo:

edit: I really like the look of the new theme.
Last edited by Robert Randolph on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Plus MX4? Fuhgeddaboutit!

BTW, got my order through. Just took a few attempts.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Yay - just got a bunch of emails from MOTU's YouTube channel announcing DP9! Alright! Hopefully mine will be in the shipping queue soon. Purchased DP8.07 just over two months ago so I'm in on the free upgrade. :D
Robert Randolph

musicman691 wrote:Yay - just got a bunch of emails from MOTU's YouTube channel announcing DP9! Alright! Hopefully mine will be in the shipping queue soon. Purchased DP8.07 just over two months ago so I'm in on the free upgrade. :D
I already sent an email off about the grace period. I'm hoping they will let me pay for shipping the boxed version.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Robert Randolph wrote:
musicman691 wrote:Yay - just got a bunch of emails from MOTU's YouTube channel announcing DP9! Alright! Hopefully mine will be in the shipping queue soon. Purchased DP8.07 just over two months ago so I'm in on the free upgrade. :D
I already sent an email off about the grace period. I'm hoping they will let me pay for shipping the boxed version.
Did you get anything from MOTU on this? I haven't yet. If it weren't for the YouTube vids I wouldn't have known about it. As to the grace period if you bought DP8 after the NAMM announcement you should be within time.
Robert Randolph

musicman691 wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
Did you get anything from MOTU on this? I haven't yet. If it weren't for the YouTube vids I wouldn't have known about it. As to the grace period if you bought DP8 after the NAMM announcement you should be within time.
Nothing from MOTU yet.

I did buy after the Namm announcement, and I have an email from Magic Dave specifically telling me I was in the grace period.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Robert Randolph wrote: I already sent an email off about the grace period. I'm hoping they will let me pay for shipping the boxed version.
Did you get anything from MOTU on this? I haven't yet. If it weren't for the YouTube vids I wouldn't have known about it. As to the grace period if you bought DP8 after the NAMM announcement you should be within time.[/quote]

Nothing from MOTU yet.

I did buy after the Namm announcement, and I have an email from Magic Dave specifically telling me I was in the grace period.[/quote]
I just checked my MOTU account and there's nothing in there yet. BUT the DP9 demo is available for download. It's probably just a matter of time before we get an email letting us know what's going on. I wonder if we'll also get a delivery of DP9 with the manual (assuming they're still printing a manual and not just going with a pdf manual).

My apologies for the messed up post formatting. This happened when I tried to eliminate one too many embeds and I mucked it up. :sorry:
Last edited by musicman691 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
magicd

Post by magicd »

Hey there!

Anybody who purchased DP8 this year is eligible for the DP9 upgrade for no charge.

If you'd like to contact me at customerservice@motu.com I'll be happy to confirm that you are "on the list". In the mean time go ahead and download DP9 from http://www.motu.com/download

We've just gone live with the upgrade so it's going to take a couple of days to work out all the logistics. Thanks for your patience and enjoy DP9!

Dave
Robert Randolph

musicman691 wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote: Nothing from MOTU yet.

I did buy after the Namm announcement, and I have an email from Magic Dave specifically telling me I was in the grace period.
I just checked my MOTU account and there's nothing in there yet. BUT the DP9 demo is available for download. It's probably just a matter of time before we get an email letting us know what's going on. I wonder if we'll also get a delivery of DP9 with the manual (assuming they're still printing a manual and not just going with a pdf manual).

My apologies for the messed up post formatting. This happened when I tried to eliminate one too many embeds and I mucked it up. :sorry:
MagicD has me hooked up already. Shoot him an email as listed above and I'm sure you'll get sorted quick.

So excited! :woohoo:
Last edited by Robert Randolph on Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

magicd wrote:Hey there!

Anybody who purchased DP8 this year is eligible for the DP9 upgrade for no charge.

If you'd like to contact me at customerservice@motu.com I'll be happy to confirm that you are "on the list". In the mean time go ahead and download DP9 from http://www.motu.com/download

We've just gone live with the upgrade so it's going to take a couple of days to work out all the logistics. Thanks for your patience and enjoy DP9!

Dave
Thanks for the message and all the hard work.
So if we download the demo to work with what do we have to do when we get the non-demo DP9? Uninstall the demo or install right over it?

Will installing DP9 overwrite the DP8 install?
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Robert Randolph wrote:
MagicD has me hooked up already. Shoot him an email as listed above and I'm sure you'll get sorted quick.

So excited! :woohoo:
Email sent to the Magic One. The MOTU server must be really busy because I just tried to logout of my account and it timed out :wink:
billf

Post by billf »

Looks like their website is a bit overwhelmed at the moment.
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
gallospole

Post by gallospole »

Is it compatible with OS 10.7.5?

Please say "YES"!
MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 (2), 16 GB RAM, 512 SSD, OS 10.9.5 & OS 10.11.6/ MOTU DP 8.07 & 9.12 / Avid Artist Mix / Novation ReMOTE 25 / MOTU 828 mk3 Hybrid / MOTU MX4 / M Tron Pro / impOSCar 2 / Eventide Plugins, SSL 4000 E & G Plugins, Puigtec & Puigchild Plugins / Eventide H3000 SE Ultra Harmonizer / Rupert Neve Designs 551s / Heritage '73EQ Jr / Klark Teknik DN500 / UA 2-610 / Focusrite ISA 828 / Beyer M201 TG / AKG 414 B-ULS / Shure SM57 & Beta 87A / EV RE20
magicd

Post by magicd »

musicman691 wrote: So if we download the demo to work with what do we have to do when we get the non-demo DP9? Uninstall the demo or install right over it?

Will installing DP9 overwrite the DP8 install?
DP9 does not overwrite DP8.

The DP9 download is the full install of the software. Without a key code it will run for 30 days and then time out. All you need to unlock the demo mode is the key code.

Minimum OS for DP9 is 10.6.8 or Win 7

Dave