Consolidated windows questions

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
musicman691

Consolidated windows questions

Post by musicman691 »

From time to time I go through my DP preferences to try different things to make things work a little bit better for me. I work from the manual to DP and back again. In the manual is shown a check box in Preferences to use or not use the Consolidated Window. That checkbox is missing in DP 8.07. Has that choice gone away?

In that same Preferences screen are checkboxes on whether to open windows within the CS or not. Okay so say I uncheck a window (mixer for instance) so it doesn't open in the CS. Dumb question time: how do I open that window? Or any other window?
wvandyck
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Consolidated windows questions

Post by wvandyck »

musicman691 wrote: In that same Preferences screen are checkboxes on whether to open windows within the CS or not. Okay so say I uncheck a window (mixer for instance) so it doesn't open in the CS. Dumb question time: how do I open that window? Or any other window?
Good question,
Windows can be opened from the Project menu.

I've been a fan of the CS since it's inception. Oddly, I just noticed that unchecked windows still open in the CS.

Also noticed that old projects do not open in the CS when that preference is checked on.
Corrupt preferences on my system? A bug?
2017 2.9 GHz MPB/1TB ssd; loaded 2012 i7 quadcore Mini, OS 10.15.5
DP 10.11, Logic 10.5.1, Silverface Apollo Quad/TB, K12UC, Falcon, Integra 7, MIDI guitars etc.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

wvandyck wrote:
musicman691 wrote: In that same Preferences screen are checkboxes on whether to open windows within the CS or not. Okay so say I uncheck a window (mixer for instance) so it doesn't open in the CS. Dumb question time: how do I open that window? Or any other window?
Good question,
Windows can be opened from the Project menu.

I've been a fan of the CS since it's inception. Oddly, I just noticed that unchecked windows still open in the CS.

Also noticed that old projects do not open in the CS when that preference is checked on.
Corrupt preferences on my system? A bug?
Thanks for the help. I'll give that a try. What OSX version are you using? OSX 10.9.5 here for DP work.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by bayswater »

musicman691 wrote:Okay so say I uncheck a window (mixer for instance) so it doesn't open in the CS. Dumb question time: how do I open that window? Or any other window?
I sometimes just use the command for the window (e.g. Shift-M for the mixer), but usually, I use Window Sets. That makes the CW on/off question irrelevant. I have a set for each of the main windows that is dominated by that window, but has a couple of panes that are likely to be useful when working in that window. E.g. I use the Tracks Overview to set up and route tracks and channels, so I have a Window Set that shows just the TO, along with the MIDI and Audio Monitors in a side panel.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8