DP8 demo pulled from online?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
musicman691

DP8 demo pulled from online?

Post by musicman691 »

A friend of mine over on the DUC (PT forum) has been having trouble getting the free 30 day demo for DP8. Has the demo been pulled or what? At this point I don't know when he last tried so I thought I'd ask here if anyone had any ideas.

When people ask about alternatives for ProTools I bring up DP because it never seems to make the list of 'usual suspects (Logic, Cubase, Sonar, whatever)' that people consider. Seems to be the Rodney Dangerfield (gets no respect) of daw s/w. Only one person said he knew about it and didn't like the consolidated window - thought it confusing.
Robert Randolph
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP8 demo pulled from online?

Post by Robert Randolph »

I just tried and downloaded the Mac and Windows versions fine from http://www.motu.com/download

Maybe he's having issues with authorization? That can occur if you've already used your 30-day demo. I suggest emailing Magic Dave and asking for an extension if that is the case. I got an extension and it's why I'm using DP8 right now!
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Robert Randolph wrote:I just tried and downloaded the Mac and Windows versions fine from http://www.motu.com/download

Maybe he's having issues with authorization? That can occur if you've already used your 30-day demo. I suggest emailing Magic Dave and asking for an extension if that is the case. I got an extension and it's why I'm using DP8 right now!
I'm waiting for my friend to get back to me.

I thought you already purchased DP8?
Robert Randolph
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Robert Randolph »

musicman691 wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:I just tried and downloaded the Mac and Windows versions fine from http://www.motu.com/download

I'm waiting for my friend to get back to me.

I thought you already purchased DP8?
I did. I'm saying that the reason I went with DP8 is because they gave me an extended demo to check it out.

I looked at DP8 when it first came out, while I was still using PTHD. When I finally decided to totally dump AVID, I wanted to check out DP again but my demo period was expired. I emailed Magic Dave and he extended my demo period, as well as answering a bunch of questions. Because of that I ended up purchasing DP8.