Euphonix MC Control & Transport w/ DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
buhardilla
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Euphonix MC Control & Transport w/ DP

Post by buhardilla »

[quote="ghobish"
Sorry if I'm seeming a little thick. I would be using it primarily for mixing, transport control, adding/going to markers, etc, sometimes having "hands on" a plug-in setting. Any ability to edit would be gravy. Are you saying that it is reasonable for those tasks?
[/quote]
I don't know your workflow but these are some of the tasks that I frequently do in MCControl:
*Track selection in the MC touch screen where you have all tracks of your project with their respective colors and name assigned in DP. Here you can select, mute, soloing, recording. The mixer window (only mixer) will scroll to selected track.
*"Assigned tracks" is a very handy function where you create Layouts of tracks (in MCControl are group of four tracks) that you quickly recall them from touchscreen (ie. group of reverbs aux tracks)
*Track usual functions as Pan, Volume, solo, mute, insert on/off, level of sends etc.. work very well except Input monitor button: is the only button that doesn't have a keycommand. You can also reach to plugin settings knobs and sliders but I find more useful the mouse because the Eucon knobs has a non-linear behavior that sometimes isn't good for fine adjustments.
*Transport control play, stop. record, FF, REV, shuttle, zoom v/h all ok
*Markers: touchscreen page with markers numbered as in the Marker tab
*Several pages in the touchscreen for Window sets, editing (as move selections..)..etc
Perhaps is not the perfect controller for DP but in my case do the job that I want it to do.
DP 10.11 || iMac 2019 5K ||i9 8core 3.6GHz|| 64 GB RAM|| macOS 11.5.1
RME AiOPro || Softube Console 1 ||
ghobish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Euphonix MC Control & Transport w/ DP

Post by ghobish »

It sounds pretty good to me. If MOTU would update the driver for the Radikal SAC i would consider investing in replacing the faders, but right now this looks like a more stable investment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gary Hobish
A. Hammer Mastering & Digital Media
San Francisco, Ca
http://ahammer.com/mastering

Mastering: Mac Studio M1 MAX 2TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 32-core GPU, OS 12.6; DP 11.22, Waves, Izotope RX10 Advanced, Alloy, Nectar, PSP stuff, Plug-In Alliance, Metric Halo ULN-8 MkIV, Euphonix MC Control & MC Mix, Presonus Central Station, and (still) no air conditioning (but at least now there is airflow)

Annex: Mac Pro 2010 5,1 3.33GHz 12-core, 80GB RAM, 10.14.6, DP 11.22, Metric Halo ULN8 MkIV, MOTU 2408III