Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by bayswater »

I just noticed the Groove3 video on PSP dynamics happens to have the Buspressor clip as one of two free previews. Unfortunately, the presenter keeps talking while he changes the settings, and never plays the demo with the plugin bypassed.

It has wet - dry controls which could simplify things.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by mikehalloran »

bayswater wrote:I just noticed the Groove3 video on PSP dynamics happens to have the Buspressor clip as one of two free previews. Unfortunately, the presenter keeps talking while he changes the settings, and never plays the demo with the plugin bypassed.

It has wet - dry controls which could simplify things.
This guy says nice things and you do hear a couple clips among all the yak, yak, yak… Still, nothing that explains why I want or need this one when there are so many others. Yes, it sounds good but I'm gonna pass.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mikehalloran

Re: Retro Organs Suite - $83.50 / $59 Upgrade

Post by mikehalloran »

mikehalloran wrote:I just got bombarded by the announcement for UVI's Retro Organs Suite for $99. I bet everyone here did.
http://www.uvi.net/en/pianos-keyboards/ ... suite.html

Anyway, AudioDeluxe has it for $83.50 with the coupon SUMMERTIME.
https://audiodeluxe.com/

Apparently, the Hammond samples from Retro Organs are included. Owning Retro Organs already when it was offered for $49 a few years ago, I can upgrade for $59 from UVI.

I really like Retro Organs but don't know that I want the other keyboards as some are duplicated in other VIs I own. I have other B3 emulators also.

It's too easy to "only $59" my way into the poorhouse. Still, I might go for it.
I just got an email from UVI reminding me that I have a $78 credit with them.

Must … resist … have … no … need … :banghead:
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Rick Cornish

Noveltech Character $49 through 9/30

Post by Rick Cornish »

Got a notice today that Plugin Alliance is offering Noveltech Character for $49 (normal price $149) through 9/30.

http://plugin-alliance.com/en/products/ ... acter.html

Enter code potm2015-09.

Anyone use this? Any opinions?
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
Nick Hamilton

DontCrack REmatrix Group Buy

Post by Nick Hamilton »

Hello Everybody,

Just thought you all would like to know we are running a great Group Buy on a superb plug-in, Rematrix reverb.

It lists for $359 but if 300 people sign up before the Sept 22nd deadline they will drive the price down to $99!

REmatrix has been co-developed by our talented friends at MoReVoX and Overloud. REmatrix is the FIRST multilayer convolution reverb that features up to five individual convolvers and an effect chain working together to create complex and unique spaces that cannot be obtained by any other tool.

All the info is at:

http://www.dontcrack.com/news/2015/09/r ... promotion/.

Best Regards,

Nick
monkey man

Slate SSD & Trigger Plugs

Post by monkey man »

The SSD & Trigger plugs are 70% off right now, 'til this weekend - the biggest discount ever.

The eMail blurb I received said, "... you can get one of the many famous expansion packs from Chris Lord Alge, David Bendeth, Terry Date for just $49. Or even the new award-winning Blackbird Drums for only $79! That's 50% OFF!!!"

http://www.stevenslatedrums.com/store?u ... %20Believe!

EDIT: If I can get my cousin to buy SSD for me, will I still be able to auth it? Will I have to download it or can he? He's my guy for online purchases; I don't do this stuff.

Thank you for any insights offered, 'Cornies.
Nicky

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
billf

Re: Slate SSD & Trigger Plugs

Post by billf »

monkey man wrote: EDIT: If I can get my cousin to buy SSD for me, will I still be able to auth it? Will I have to download it or can he? He's my guy for online purchases; I don't do this stuff.
You would probably need to ask SSD about that Nicky. Regardless, I think with SSD you'll need an iLok if you don't have one. With the iLok, you register it to your iLok account and move the authorization to your iLok using the iLok Manager software.

Info about all that is here http://www.ilok.com
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Fortunately I bought one with MachFive, Billy.

Come to think of it, bearing the iLock thing in mind, you'd think auth wouldn't therefore be an issue as the embedded "unique" ID, assuming there is one, of the copy I have will be assigned to my "account" with the iLock, right?

Way out of my depth here, and time is of the essence, which is why I'm not even going to think about trying to throw this at Steven. As soon as I can contact my cousin, I'd like to be able to get the ball rolling as he too has 'net-speed issues. IOW, one of us is going to have to get to downloading some time soon. Hang on... the DL speed shouldn't matter as long as it's paid for, no?

Oh, and in case it wasn't obvious, 'Cornies, my cuz will be paying for it with his online arrangements, whatever they are, and I'll be reimbursing him when I see him, hence my concern about the auth thing.

Sorry about all the noob-style questions, Billy & co.

billf

Post by billf »

monkey man wrote:Fortunately I bought one with MachFive, Billy.
Nicky, an iLok 1 or the iLok 2? If you have the iLok 1, check with SSD because most Slate products require the iLok 2, and will not work if with the iLok 1.

The iLok 1 is the blue key. The iLok 2 is the black one.

monkey man wrote:Come to think of it, bearing the iLock thing in mind, you'd think auth wouldn't therefore be an issue as the embedded "unique" ID, assuming there is one, of the copy I have will be assigned to my "account" with the iLock, right?
Right. Basically when you go to register the product serial number, they ask for your iLok Account ID. Once they accept your SN, the license is deposited into your account at iLok.com, and you transfer it to your physical iLok via that iLok License Manager app on OSX.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Awesome, Billy. Thank you!

Yes, it's an iLock2.

I'd already taken the bull by the horns and had my cousin buy it 'cause I was afraid of missing out; it's been something of a tradition when it comes to time-limited deals. He agreed to declare the fact that he'd bought it on my behalf should I run into any trouble, but thankfully my assumptions (risky, I know) about registration were justified. Fantastittical, mate.

Dang. Spectrasonics and SSDrums both on their way - that's basically half the VIs I'd planned to migrate to (from ROMplers) next year. If it weren't for the channel-count limitation of the USB-connected AVB system I'm upgrading to, none of this would've happened, so, ironically, said limitation has been my liberator. I hope.

How this stuff should be set up in my template, I don't know. Hopefully I won't have to create a shedload of bundles as I did for MachFive; the less the better IMHO. My template's plenty big enough as it is.

Once again, thank you for your timely counsel, Billy-boy!
Nicky

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

As long as your cousin gives your iLok ID and you can access the on line support for the supplier, is it at all relevant who makes the purchase?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
billf

Post by billf »

monkey man wrote: Dang. Spectrasonics and SSDrums both on their way - that's basically half the VIs I'd planned to migrate to (from ROMplers) next year. If it weren't for the channel-count limitation of the USB-connected AVB system I'm upgrading to, none of this would've happened, so, ironically, said limitation has been my liberator. I hope.

How this stuff should be set up in my template, I don't know. Hopefully I won't have to create a shedload of bundles as I did for MachFive; the less the better IMHO. My template's plenty big enough as it is.
Congrats Nicky! Your drum VI life should be greatly expanded once you get it up and running.

And Spectrasonics, well I'll just say you won't be disappointed!

As for templates, I'm not sure how SSD works (I use Superior Drummer), but for me the drum templates were the time consuming ones, assuming you route each piece of the kit to independent channels in the mixer like I did. But everyone has their own unique approach.

Keep us posted on progress.
mhschmieder

Sonnox Restoration Suite on massive markdown through October

Post by mhschmieder »

The Sonnox Restoration Suite is on sale for something crazy like 75% off until end of October 2015.

Good timing, as this means the price is about the same as the update to iZotope RX5 Audio Editor. Though it turns out there's more going on with that upgrade than many thought, so it's actually a good deal if you need a free sound effects library of your choosing. In fact, I do: animal sounds -- so hard to come by; most are human-produced or synth-programmed imitations.

As for Sonnox Restoration Suite, it was practically free after I logged into Audio Deluxe and got my loyalty discounts. Can't wait to try them out, but may not have a chance for a bit still.
Last edited by mhschmieder on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

monkey man wrote:The SSD & Trigger plugs are 70% off right now, 'til this weekend - the biggest discount ever.
Hmmm... I have SSD4 EX. Wonder if I should go for the SSD 4 Platinum. It's $89. Not sure if they have a discounted upgrade path right now. Seems like this is the last day.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

I'm pretty sure you've got 'til the weekend, James, so no need to stress.

I went the whole enchilada myself, sans all the Trigger stuff as I'll be using MIDI.
bayswater wrote:As long as your cousin gives your iLok ID and you can access the on line support for the supplier, is it at all relevant who makes the purchase?
Dunno, Stoivo.

I didn't realise he'd have to give the iLock ID. S'pose I'd better call him...
billf wrote:
monkey man wrote: Dang. Spectrasonics and SSDrums both on their way - that's basically half the VIs I'd planned to migrate to (from ROMplers) next year. If it weren't for the channel-count limitation of the USB-connected AVB system I'm upgrading to, none of this would've happened, so, ironically, said limitation has been my liberator. I hope.

Congrats Nicky! Your drum VI life should be greatly expanded once you get it up and running.

And Spectrasonics, well I'll just say you won't be disappointed!

As for templates, I'm not sure how SSD works (I use Superior Drummer), but for me the drum templates were the time consuming ones, assuming you route each piece of the kit to independent channels in the mixer like I did. But everyone has their own unique approach.

Keep us posted on progress.
Thank you, Billy; I sure will.

OK, so a single set of drum bundles'd prolly do it, no?

As for Spectra, I don't know whether one separates the RMX "loops" on a per-key basis for mixing, or if one simply uses the no-doubt extensive built-in processing. Omni'll probably be used in single-instance fashion in order to save CPU cycles... I'm guessing... and would that require bundle creation and naming? At least Trilian should be a simple matter of a single stereo and perhaps two mono bundles reflecting the same output... I think.

Too many questions. Happy to wait, then suck 'em and see. A thread will surely be in order.

Sorry about the destruc... I mean, distraction, 'Cornies, and thank you for your help.