Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Slate SSD & Trigger Plugs

Post by bayswater »

monkey man wrote:
bayswater wrote:As long as your cousin gives your iLok ID and you can access the on line support for the supplier, is it at all relevant who makes the purchase?
Dunno, Stoivo.

I didn't realise he'd have to give the iLock ID. S'pose I'd better call him...
Generally when you buy a plugin protected by an iLok, you give the seller your iLok user ID. They deposit the licence into your account at iLok, and then you use the iLok application to transfer the licence to your iLok.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

That's pretty much what I expected, Stoiv.

My confusion arises where it was implied that cuz would need to submit the code in order to download the files / plugs.

Will he be able to just grab 'em and give them to me via a portable drive?

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

monkey man wrote:Will he be able to just grab 'em and give them to me via a portable drive?
Likely. I can't think of a plugin where I didn't get an install DMG or something like that I could copy and back up. If your iLok came with Mach 5, you'll probably have to update the iLok drivers and apps too.
Rick Cornish

Wavesfactory releases 'Suspended Cymbals' - 50% OFF intro pr

Post by Rick Cornish »

Got this promo today. Great developer—has been very responsive to me in the past.

http://www.wavesfactory.com/suspendedcymbals.php
Suspended Cymbals is a sample library for Kontakt 4 (and above) that features 5 premium cymbals with 5 articulations each. Recorded with 3 microphone positions, up to 6 velocity layers and 4 round robin.

Sustain, bell, side hits, modwheel controlled rolls and effects.
Advanced script that lets you control all the parameters: purge/load, volume, pan, width, voicing, velocity curve, round robin, envelope, reverb, eq, dynamic range, muffling time, articulation volume, cymbal pitch/volume/pan...

We want this to become the go-to library for suspended cymbals, and I think that it has all that it's needed to be so.

Available now for a special intro price of €9.95. It will go full €19.95 on October, 1st.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
Nick Hamilton

Don't Crack REmatrix Group Buy

Post by Nick Hamilton »

Hello Everybody,

Just to let you know we got to the goal of 300 participants in our REmatrix Group Buy.

So it is now at the goal price of $99.

Everyone who signs up now is guaranteed that price.

The Group Buy closes on the 22ND of Sept.

All the Info is here.

http://www.dontcrack.com/news/2015/09/r ... promotion/

Best Regards,

Nick
billf

Wave SSL4000 Bundle

Post by billf »

AudioDeluxe has the Waves SSL4000 bundle on sale for a bit over $200 (they do an automatic additional discount applied after you load it to your cart). I have no idea how long the sale is, but the price looks great.

http://audiodeluxe.com/products/waves-s ... collection
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

monkey man wrote:
James Steele wrote:
monkey man wrote:The SSD & Trigger plugs are 70% off right now, 'til this weekend - the biggest discount ever.
Hmmm... I have SSD4 EX. Wonder if I should go for the SSD 4 Platinum. It's $89. Not sure if they have a discounted upgrade path right now. Seems like this is the last day.
I'm pretty sure you've got 'til the weekend, James, so no need to stress.

I went the whole enchilada myself, sans all the Trigger stuff as I'll be using MIDI.
Well, I just checked the site (4AM thursday in Oz... I mean, Jungleville), and the prices have all gone up, but not to full RRP. The Platinum version you asked about is now $149 (249 RRP I think), James, so there's still time to save a bunch, but I don't know what happened to the 70% off-'til-the-weekend deal. I'm certain I read that. Just not sure where, but it was probably
in the eMail ad I received as I've read nothing else.
bayswater wrote:
monkey man wrote:Will he be able to just grab 'em and give them to me via a portable drive?
Likely. I can't think of a plugin where I didn't get an install DMG or something like that I could copy and back up. If your iLok came with Mach 5, you'll probably have to update the iLok drivers and apps too.
Thank you, Stoiv.

cuttime

Musician's Friend Dealmac Software Sale Codes

Post by cuttime »

Are these of any use? Can't beat the prices:

http://dealmac.com/Audio-Software-at-Mu ... 52478.html
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

SSD4 arrived at the weekend.

The fact that my cousin used his details to be able to download the files meant that I too had to do so in order to grab one that he missed. Every attempt to go any further with the installation helped cement his details into the process. I don't want to have to use them down the track; I'd like to stick to my own, being a KISS, go-with-the-defaults kinda guy, so I eMailed support on Sunday for guidance as to how to reinitiate the process.

Still waiting to hear back from them. Fingers crossed.

Oh, and I saw no mention of iLock anywhere in the installation documentation. I didn't read the whole document 'though as my eyes glazed over about 3 pages into what (I'm guessing here) appeared to be 10 or 12 pages. Seems strange to me - cracked software generally involves punching a code into a field upon plug-instantiation, and that's it. I made the decision years ago to be patient, save my banana skins and try to make sensible (but minimal) purchases on a meagre budget; this sort of convoluted registration process, at least based upon what I've seen so far, seems as if it'd act as a deterrent to paying for these things. At the very least I expected to have to fill out a field or two or click a few check boxes for the iLock thing, and at most, well, not much more than that. This seems absurd. Here I am waiting for support's reply, knowing that even if this gets sorted easily, there's still a truckload of hoops to be jumped through yet...

Just sayin'. That's my "update" at any rate. I was very excited last week, but now, not so much.

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Too many hoops for a lot of suppliers. I won't bother with anything Avid anymore for that reason. One blessing of a minimal plugin set is avoiding reauthorization when equipment is upgraded.
mikehalloran

Soundsoap 4 for $19 more? What a bargain! Waitaminut...

Post by mikehalloran »

When is a bargain not a bargain? When Soundness (used to be BIAS) sends you this morning's email "reducing the price" of SoundSoap 4 to $99, normally $149.
https://sites.fastspring.com/soundnessl ... FPROMO0915

The App Store has it for $79.99.

Previous customers like I can upgrade for $49.99. As I have RX4 Advanced, that will never happen.

It may be a good deal for PC users. I'll never know.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
billf

Post by billf »

monkey man wrote:SSD4 arrived at the weekend.

The fact that my cousin used his details to be able to download the files meant that I too had to do so in order to grab one that he missed. Every attempt to go any further with the installation helped cement his details into the process. I don't want to have to use them down the track; I'd like to stick to my own, being a KISS, go-with-the-defaults kinda guy, so I eMailed support on Sunday for guidance as to how to reinitiate the process.

Still waiting to hear back from them. Fingers crossed.

Oh, and I saw no mention of iLock anywhere in the installation documentation. I didn't read the whole document 'though as my eyes glazed over about 3 pages into what (I'm guessing here) appeared to be 10 or 12 pages. Seems strange to me - cracked software generally involves punching a code into a field upon plug-instantiation, and that's it. I made the decision years ago to be patient, save my banana skins and try to make sensible (but minimal) purchases on a meagre budget; this sort of convoluted registration process, at least based upon what I've seen so far, seems as if it'd act as a deterrent to paying for these things. At the very least I expected to have to fill out a field or two or click a few check boxes for the iLock thing, and at most, well, not much more than that. This seems absurd. Here I am waiting for support's reply, knowing that even if this gets sorted easily, there's still a truckload of hoops to be jumped through yet...

Just sayin'. That's my "update" at any rate. I was very excited last week, but now, not so much.
Usually with iLok, ownership can be transferred. But...

I have Slate VCC and VMR, but their drum packages are ones I've not dealt with. But I went over to their support site, and it appears you might have a license ownership issue Nicky, at least if this is accurate:

https://stevenslatedrums.zendesk.com/hc ... ther-user-
How do I sell or transer my License to another user?

1. Submit A Request stating that you would like to sell or transfer your license. Include the full names, email addresses, and iLok User IDs of both parties.
2. You will need to transfer the iLok license to the new owner (PACE/ iLok fees apply, there are no fees imposed by Slate Digital). This can be done via the iLok License Manager.
3. We must transfer your product registration to the buyer.

Once the license transfer is confirmed, we will remove product from your user account and send a new passcode and registration link to the new owner via e-mail.

SSD4 and Expansion Packs are NOT transferable!

Paul Hessing - March 06, 2015 20:51

The best course of action might be to contact Steven Slate directly and explain the situation.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Surely you can just use the purchaser's at Slate ID to arrange the licensing and give the user's iLok ID.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Billy and Stoiv, thank you so much for your concern and efforts to help.

Firstly, I cannot find any mention of iLock with regards to registering SSD4 in any of the documentation I've seen thus far. None, whoootsoever.

Secondly, I've been waiting 3 full days for a reply to the comprehensive eMail I sent the support team on Sunday.

Lastly, if the company fails to accommodate me by facilitating a reasonably-simple path to registering SSD4, I'm afraid my impression of the company will be tarnished and it'll be far less likely that I'll buy all its plugs (as a bundle) as I've intended to do for so long. In fact, I'll buy no more.

In contrast to this, the only other 3rd-party I've bought from so far is Spectrasonics. I paid a premium in order to be able to acquire the plugs on disk (locally), but feel I've been fully rewarded for the expenditure: Packaging was impeccable, to the point that all install disks were flawless (unmarked) and in the correct order, including the expansion ones. This is a first for me (MachFive disk set contained 2 or 3 that were unreadable). The install process was clearly explained and couldn't have been simpler considering it involved on-line registration - copy the code from the plug window, click the link in the plug window, paste it to the page it brings up, copy the response code from said page, and paste that back into the plug window. Done!

Now that's how to configure on-line registration!

I'm at a loss for words as to how I feel about the SSD thing right now; it's unwise and unprofessional for me to get caught up in it, so at this point I'm going to assume the best and patiently wait for a response.
bayswater wrote:Too many hoops for a lot of suppliers. I won't bother with anything Avid anymore for that reason. One blessing of a minimal plugin set is avoiding reauthorization when equipment is upgraded.
Exactly, Stoivo. This is one of the myriad reasons why I'll be limiting the number I deal with, looking to purchase full bundles from a small number of companies.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by James Steele »

Please update subject headers in your posts to this particular thread so the every post in the thread doesn't have the subject header "Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic". The way to do this is edit the "Subject:" field when you make a new post about a deal you saw, or, if REPLYING, always use "Quote" to reply, which will supply the correct "Re: xxxxxxx" subject. Then just delete all the quoted material if you don't intend to use it. Thanks! :)

(I just went back and changed all the subject headers for the Slate SSD & Trigger" posts.)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!