Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
emulatorloo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Gold $249.00 @ Audiodeluxe

Post by emulatorloo »

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/ea ... ld-edition

Sale ends in a day or two.

That is a pretty crazy deal.
bayswater

Re: Izotope Stereo Imaging Plugin - Free

Post by bayswater »

billf wrote:I'm not sure how long this will be free, or how useful it will be. But it seems to be worth checking out.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mas ... mager.html
Thanks. This was just the thing for a live mono track I was trying to tart up. Other plugins just made it phasy, but this gave it the right amount of space.

Another gem is the recently posted Equivocate. On the same track it was just what I needed to get bass right.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
HCMarkus

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by HCMarkus »

Got this from Soundtoys:
Your Generosity Deployed 447 Heroes

Together, Soundtoys and our customers raised $176,000 for Team Rubicon USA through our Storm Relief giving event. Our donation deployed 447 military veterans and first responders to complete 351 work orders providing disaster relief to those affected by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. Here's a special message to you from volunteer troops in the field in Beaumont, Texas:

"Hurricane Harvey is Team Rubicon's largest disaster response operation to date, and thanks to the incredible support of Soundtoys and others across the country, we're able to empower our nation's best to tackle Mother Nature's worst. Team Rubicon has deployed over 1,000 trained volunteers to help hundreds of homeowners begin the rebuilding process, and we're humbled to have the trusted support and opportunity to serve communities impacted by disasters."
– Jake Wood, CEO and co-founder of Team Rubicon
Off topic I know. Just n FYI, f you bought any of the $10 specials, you contributed!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Eventide/Newfangled Audio Elevate Mastering Plug-In

Post by James Steele »

Got an email about this the other day. Not sure who Newfangled Audio is... perhaps a spin off of Eventide? Not sure, but when I see the Eventide name associated with something it's worth checking out:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... ate-bundle

It's $99 for a limited time or $79 as an upgrade from the EQuivocate EQ plug-in that was a freebie recently. Most of us following this thread could probably qualify for that. 30-day demo is available. Interested in hearing feedback.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Re: Eventide/Newfangled Audio Elevate Mastering Plug-In

Post by bayswater »

I've used Equivocate a few times. It reminds me of the old 1/3 octave analog equalizers. I like it.
billf

Ozone 8 and Neutron 2

Post by billf »

Izotope has new versions of Ozone (v8) and Neutron (v2) out with discount prices until Oct 31st.

https://www.izotope.com/en/store/deals.html
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
bayswater

Re: Ozone 8 and Neutron 2

Post by bayswater »

billf wrote:Izotope has new versions of Ozone (v8) and Neutron (v2) out with discount prices until Oct 31st.

I had a look and noticed there was a free update to V6 of RX Elements because I have V1.02 (which I got for free).

Question: I have Ozone (not advanced) V5. Is there any good reason to spring for V8 as an update?
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

bayswater wrote:
billf wrote:Izotope has new versions of Ozone (v8) and Neutron (v2) out with discount prices until Oct 31st.

I had a look and noticed there was a free update to V6 of RX Elements because I have V1.02 (which I got for free).

Question: I have Ozone (not advanced) V5. Is there any good reason to spring for V8 as an update?
5 to 8? I would since 6 and 7 were nice upgrades.

7 to 8? I may pass. I have a track to try the new plug on. We’ll see...

The upgrade to the entire Music Production Suite is nice even though I rarely use some of the other tools but it includes Ozone Advanced, Nectar and RX 6. With Ozone Advanced, each of the modules is a separate plug with more features and the Standard version is included. One of the complaints is that Ozone can be a bit of a CPU hog. Using the Advanced modules as I need, this has never been a problem for me.
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... icing.html

I notice that Sweetwater doesn’t have all of the upgrade options yet.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Ignore what I wrote earlier (it is now deleted and replaced by this new comment).

Just a few minutes ago, I received an email from iZotope that says to log in and check your upgrade coupons.

All is now clear. Thus I have deleted my criticism regarding the confusion of upgrades and repackagings.

So, to reiterate, log in at iZotope.com and ignore any potential confusion from earlier emails that they sent out in advance of the Ozone and Neutron updates.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

mhschmieder wrote:Ignore what I wrote earlier (it is now deleted and replaced by this new comment).

Just a few minutes ago, I received an email from iZotope that says to log in and check your upgrade coupons.
All is now clear. Thus I have deleted my criticism regarding the confusion of upgrades and repackagings.

So, to reiterate, log in at iZotope.com and ignore any potential confusion from earlier emails that they sent out in advance of the Ozone and Neutron updates.
Guitar Center/MusiciansFriend online have all of the upgrade options at the same prices. Sweetwater doesn’t so I will rattle my rep’s cage. I always like taking 6 months or more to pay interest-free when I don’t have a project to charge it to.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Yeah, I didn't see the upgrade options at Sweetwater, which is why I bought direct at the iZotope website, and indeed it did turn out to be the "best deal" to "upgrade" to the new suite, in spite of the redundancy therein (e.g. RX, when I have RX Advanced).

Perhaps due to having done the earlier Neutron cross-grade via some package or suite, a direct upgrade to Neutron didn't show up. Probably would have been the same price ($149) as the separate Ozone Advanced upgrade, meaning the suite cross-grade for $299 was the same.

Yes, that's a lot of money overall, and especially as iZotope now does annual updates vs. bi-annual. I may not be able to continue to justify it, as I really only use Ozone as a substitute for doing a proper mix, when I am still in the "rapid change" phase of a project and don't want to get slowed down by doing proper production. I use Slate once I have a proper mix.

Also, I haven't even used Neutron 1 yet, as it is so recent. Other than to try it out a few times. So most of my mixes still have instances of Alloy on the toms and other sub-groups.

I do like the new GUI better, but am not sure there are many changes. I will be using Ozone 8 within the hour though, as I am wrapping up some rough cuts in advance of a family visit (my family doesn't have adequate internet for streaming or downloading).

I've been using RX 6 Pro a LOT lately though, and that one DID get a MAJOR upgrade from the previous version, as well as clearing up some stability issues. So I am hoping that the changes to Ozone and Neutron are as significant. The new features in RX are a life-saver.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
Tritonemusic

PSP Delays on sale

Post by Tritonemusic »

PSP has all their delays marked down to $29 through October 18. Lexicon PSP42 is one of my favorites.

https://www.pspaudioware.net/register/store.php
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
stubbsonic

Re: PSP Delays on sale

Post by stubbsonic »

Tritonemusic wrote:PSP has all their delays marked down to $29 through October 18. Lexicon PSP42 is one of my favorites.

https://www.pspaudioware.net/register/store.php
That 608MD has a very nice feature set. I don't use delays much, but that one ticks all the boxes for me.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

FREE: Simply String 2

Post by James Steele »

Here's a link to Simply String 2, a very basic old school string machine type VI.

http://rdgaudio.com/free-products/

You can tell they're a very small developer and you may get hit with ads and even a prompt to update your flash player. If you scroll down on that page you'll also see a VI they call EZ Plucker, but it's only 32-bit VST, but should pose no problem for those of us with 32 Lives or jBridgeM.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran

Re: FREE: Simply String 2

Post by mikehalloran »

James Steele wrote:Here's a link to Simply String 2, a very basic old school string machine type VI.

http://rdgaudio.com/free-products/

You can tell they're a very small developer and you may get hit with ads and even a prompt to update your flash player. If you scroll down on that page you'll also see a VI they call EZ Plucker, but it's only 32-bit VST, but should pose no problem for those of us with 32 Lives or jBridgeM.
If running High Sierra, it depends. 32Lives no longer works now that Apple has removed the code that GUI emulators require to convert Carbon graphics to Cocoa.

If the GUI is Carbon and 32Lives is required, no-go in OS 10.13. If the GUI is Cocoa, then it will work and 32Lives will not be needed.

It is unknown if 32 bit Cocoa GUIs will work in the next OS. Apple has announced that all 32 bit support will be dropped in 10.14, due next year.