Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
kgdrum
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Synthmaster Pro $10 @ GC

Post by kgdrum »

James Steele wrote:
kgdrum wrote:looked like a good find but..........
I installed and Authorized Synthmaster, I can't get DP to see Synthmaster Synth as AU or VST
Synthmaster FX shows up but failed examination,it loads but if I have it as an effect no Audio passes thru,seems like a $10 headache at the moment.........
I emailed KV331 got this response.......
Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently: Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not accepted due to domain's
550-5.7.1 DMARC policy.

buying this so far seems like the kind of no brainer I didn't want..........

to be continued......... :shock:
YIKES!!! I ordered it also! Hope this is sorted out. Tempted to cancel now.

*Update*

trashed and reinstalled all's good now Synthmaster is working,it's really cool,sounds nice and for $10 WOW!!!

:love: :woohoo: :dance: :love: :woohoo: :dance: :love: :woohoo: :love: :woohoo: :dance:
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Cassetto Group Buy 3 more days.......

Post by terrybritton »

kgdrum wrote:
kgdrum wrote:HG Sounds is having a really cool Group Buy which ends in 3 days.Join,pay $14.99 and you get Cassetto which is a Kontakt based synth + 8 other products,synth patches for various synths ,expansions etc..... some go for up to $29 each normally,if GB gets 34 new people to join in the next 3 days the available free products goes to 9.

http://hgsounds.com/product/cassetto-for-kontakt-5-6/

:woohoo:

On the other hand the Cassetto GB is really cool, it reached 9 free products + Cassetto for $14.99(2 days left), I got this primarily for the available preset libraries(Bazille,Iris etc.....I can't use Cassetto until I update Kontakt to K5.6,reports this is a really nice synth but at least I got 4 or 5 preset banks which for this price is really cool...... :headbang:
Cassetto is really a characterful synth. Very interesting story how the wave sources were obtained!

I went for the Spectral and PolyKB patch libs, and gave a few of the Kosmology and Multiverse pieces a try. Cassetto is definitely more than worth the price all by itself, though!

Thanks for the tip - we'll see if another bonus gets added! :-)

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

kgdrum wrote:trashed and reinstalled all's good now Synthmaster is working,it's really cool,sounds nice and for $10 WOW!!!

:love: :woohoo: :dance: :love: :woohoo: :dance: :love: :woohoo: :love: :woohoo: :dance:
Whew! Color me relieved. Since last night I sent an email to a friend about the deal, texted him to check his email, then sent another email saying maybe hold off as it might not work, then just texted him now saying it's okay, it does work and to go ahead and buy it. LOL All over $10... but hey, times is tough!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

My Synthmaster order delivery is apparently delayed due to the observance of New Years Day being today (Monday, Jan 2nd). Guitar Center actually seems to give everyone the day off! (Even the call-centers are closed.)

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I snoozed and I lost out on SynthMaster. Looks like a cool synth. It's ok. I have enough synths like that.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Robert Randolph

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by Robert Randolph »

So Samplitude Pro X3 Suite is on sale With Sound Forge 11 for $199.

http://www.magix.com/index.php?id=23146 ... NmcmQ2R57f

If you are a Windows user, this is a really amazing deal that helps fill in some holes of DP and/or offers an excellent post-production workflow.
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

Robert Randolph wrote:So Samplitude Pro X3 Suite is on sale With Sound Forge 11 for $199.

http://www.magix.com/index.php?id=23146 ... NmcmQ2R57f

If you are a Windows user, this is a really amazing deal that helps fill in some holes of DP and/or offers an excellent post-production workflow.
That really, really, really IS an amazing deal! (It is also my primary DAW - object-based editing, spectral editing and track-view, many good synths in the bundle, including full Independence.) The two together (DP and Samplitude) make for a fantastic pairing.

Terry
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

terrybritton wrote:
James Steele wrote:
kgdrum wrote:...Synthmaster is working,it's really cool,sounds nice and for $10 WOW!!!

You know what's weird though? I installed Synthmaster and Synthmaster Player. I figured sinceI don't really tweak much with sounds I might use Sythmaster Player more. Then I discovered something a bit strange. I was playing with the Factory Preset "PAD Lost in Space FN" on Synthmaster and it sounded great... wide, spacious. I loaded the same present in Synthmaster Player and, well... it sounds AWFUL! NOTHING like how it sounds in the full Synthmaster. Can you confirm? Is it me? Seems very wrong. :?:
James, are you sure that is the full version of the Player? The reason I ask is that I assumed I had the license for the player version as well as part of this deal, but when I went to download the license key file, it told me I hadn't purchased it. So that might be a demo???

Anyway, Guitar Center finally delivered this evening, and I'm pretty impressed, just listening to some of the sequences and pads. Nice stuff!

Terry
Pretty sure it's the full version of the Player. I had to enter the serial number etc. when DP launched in order to authorize it. If you have time, try it yourself. Load PAD Lost in Space in SythMaster and then do it in SynthMaster Player and you should hear a very pronounced difference.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I moved the discussion I started about the same patch on Sythmaster and Synthmaster Player sounding different over here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=62857

kgdrum

Re: Cassetto Group Buy 2 more HOURS!!!

Post by kgdrum »

terrybritton wrote:
kgdrum wrote:
kgdrum wrote:HG Sounds is having a really cool Group Buy which ends in 3 days.Join,pay $14.99 and you get Cassetto which is a Kontakt based synth + 8 other products,synth patches for various synths ,expansions etc..... some go for up to $29 each normally,if GB gets 34 new people to join in the next 3 days the available free products goes to 9.

On the other hand the Cassetto GB is really cool, it reached 8 free products + Cassetto for $14.99(2 days left), I got this primarily for the available preset libraries(Bazille,Iris etc.....I can't use Cassetto until I update Kontakt to K5.6,reports this is a really nice synth but at least I got 4 or 5 preset banks which for this price is really cool...... :headbang:
Cassetto is really a characterful synth. Very interesting story how the wave sources were obtained!

I went for the Spectral and PolyKB patch libs, and gave a few of the Kosmology and Multiverse pieces a try. Cassetto is definitely more than worth the price all by itself, though!

Terry

OK the next level was reached on this awesome Group Buy,you get Cassetto + 9 bonus products all for $14.99
some of the bonus products normally sell for $29 or so each.......

*This Group Buy ends in 2 hours!*

you might want to check this out before this GB ends........

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

kgdrum wrote:OK the next level was reached on this awesome Group Buy,you get Cassetto + 9 bonus products all for $14.99
some of the bonus products normally sell for $29 or so each.......

*This Group Buy ends in 2 hours!*

Does this work with the FREE Kontakt Player by any chance? I don't have Kontakt 5 yet and can't really do the upgrade right now.

cuttime

Post by cuttime »

James Steele wrote: Does this work with the FREE Kontakt Player by any chance? I don't have Kontakt 5 yet and can't really do the upgrade right now.
I think as usual these will work in the free player for 15 minutes, then timeout.
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

cuttime wrote:
James Steele wrote: Does this work with the FREE Kontakt Player by any chance? I don't have Kontakt 5 yet and can't really do the upgrade right now.
I think as usual these will work in the free player for 15 minutes, then timeout.
Hmmm... I just haven't really felt the need to upgrade Kontakt 4 to 5 which is $99.

kgdrum

Re: Cassetto Group Buy extended until Monday 1/09/17

Post by kgdrum »

kgdrum wrote:
terrybritton wrote:

On the other hand the Cassetto GB is really cool, it reached 8 free products + Cassetto for $14.99(2 days left), I got this primarily for the available preset libraries(Bazille,Iris etc.....I can't use Cassetto until I update Kontakt to K5.6,reports this is a really nice synth but at least I got 4 or 5 preset banks which for this price is really cool...... :headbang:

Terry

OK the next level was reached on this awesome Group Buy,you get Cassetto + 9 bonus products all for $14.99
some of the bonus products normally sell for $29 or so each......

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:[/quote]

***HG Sounds has announced "the Group Buy has been extended to the 9th of January 2017"
Assuming the next level is reached (which I do expect to happen)the Group Buy participants will get Cassetto + 10 free products for $14.99!!!***

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
kgdrum

Cassetto Group Buy ends in 8 hours.....

Post by kgdrum »

***HG Sounds has announced "the Group Buy has been extended to the 9th of January 2017"
OK as the title says,the Group Buy ends in 8 hours.......
Yes the next level was reached on this awesome Group Buy,you get Cassetto + 10 bonus products all for $14.99
Some of these bonus products normally sell for $29 each or more......

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: