Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

izotope Nectar Elements $29.95 is back

Post by mikehalloran »

If you've never made the plunge into an effects package, this is a great place to start. It used to be called Nectar 1 and is fully Yosemite compatible. There are other Izotope specials as well.

http://audiodeluxe.com/search/apachesol ... 2b6fab38f0

If you buy it, don't forget to download the free custom presets packages.

Although it appears to be just a preset collection, you can go behind the scenes and tweak, add and remove the individual modules to taste -- think of it as Ozone Lite in many respects. Although I have Nectar 2, Alloy 2 and Ozone, I will still pull this up on occasion. $30 is a heck of a lot less than I paid years ago.

There is an upgrade path to Nectar 2. Buying Elements first is usually the least expensive way I know to get there.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Rick Cornish

UVI Sale Thru 7/5

Post by Rick Cornish »

Get $25 off any purchase of $79 or more through 7/5. Includes items already on sale. Voucher code HAPPY4.

http://www.uvi.net/en/

I may pick up their new multi-tap delay.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
mikehalloran

Re: izotope Nectar Elements $29.95 is now $19.95

Post by mikehalloran »

mikehalloran wrote:If you've never made the plunge into an effects package, this is a great place to start. It used to be called Nectar 1 and is fully Yosemite compatible. There are other Izotope specials as well.

If you buy it, don't forget to download the free custom presets packages.

Although it appears to be just a preset collection, you can go behind the scenes and tweak, add and remove the individual modules to taste -- think of it as Ozone Lite in many respects. Although I have Nectar 2, Alloy 2 and Ozone, I will still pull this up on occasion. $30 is a heck of a lot less than I paid years ago.

There is an upgrade path to Nectar 2. Buying Elements first is usually the least expensive way I know to get there.
I just got an email offering it for $19.95

http://audiodeluxe.com/products/izotope ... 2b6fab38f0

Coupon is HOTJULY if it doesn't enter automatically. Through July 6.

There are three add-on preset packs you can download for free. If you have Nectar v.1, these also work. I found some of them quite useful and you can't knock the price.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... s/add-ons/

One caveat: Nectar 1 / Elements does not work in GarageBand X or later. That shouldn't be an issue around here but if you're going to recommend it to anyone else...
https://www.izotope.com/support/kb/inde ... patibility
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Rick Cornish

Harman Sale (AKG, DBX)

Post by Rick Cornish »

Got this deal notice yesterday through NARAS. It's supposed to be members only, but tried it and it doesn't ask for a member ID, so anyone should be able to use it.

http://shop.harmanpro.com

Most stuff is already on sale—enter promo codes for these items at checkout for an additional discount:
K712 Pro — GRAMACPEK712PRO
C414XLII — GRAMACPEC414XLII
C414XLS — GRAMACPEC414XLS
DBX676 — GRAMACPEDBX676

Free shipping, too. Deal ends 7/31.

Caught my eye because I have the K712s (which I paid more for), and love them.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
James Steele
Site Administrator

Waves Maserati Vocal Enhancer $29 Today 7/13 only!

Post by James Steele »

Waves Maserati VX1 Vocal Enhancer at AudioDeluxe.com is $29 today only. Just got the email about it:

http://audiodeluxe.com/products/waves-maserati-vx1

UPDATE: I bit. The reviews on Waves' site seem pretty compelling. Heck... $29.

UPDATE 2: Hmmm. Color me underwhelmed I guess. Wish I'd demoed this first. Not really blown away.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Rick Cornish

Re: Waves Maserati Vocal Enhancer $29 Today 7/13 only!

Post by Rick Cornish »

James Steele wrote:Waves Maserati VX1 Vocal Enhancer at AudioDeluxe.com is $29 today only. Just got the email about it:

UPDATE 2: Hmmm. Color me underwhelmed I guess. Wish I'd demoed this first. Not really blown away.
Curious. May try the demo. Thx for the tip.

I've had mixed success with the Waves "signature" plugs. I use JJP Vocals on my guitar (jazz tone) and it also saved a voice-over on a video I produced last year (poorly recorded at another studio and also not the most inspiring read). JJP keys, however.....meh.
Rick Cornish

Tobor

Post by Tobor »

James Steele wrote:Waves Maserati VX1 Vocal Enhancer at AudioDeluxe.com is $29 today only. Just got the email about it:

Yes, not all signature series plugins are created equal. I own or have demoed most, and it's obvious that great care and effort went into some and not so much in others.

I can give the heartiest thumbs up for the CLA and Manny Marroquin series, just about all the plugs are useful and complement each other very well. You can find each series on sale often for $149 or thereabouts, which would come out to $29 or less per plug.

To generalize the CLA series are kind of channel strips for various categories of instruments, while the Manny plugs are dedicated to EQ, Delay, Reverb, etc. I dare say you could complete many a project with these two series alone. The CLA Vocal plug is my default channel strip for vocals, horns, and acoustic guitars and most of the time it doesn't get replaced.

A big 'meh' for most of the rest of the sig plugs I'm afraid. The only series I haven't tried is the JJP, and to echo what Rick said it seems the Vocals plug is the most useful of that group. I've gotten a little use out of the Mazerati Vocal and Acoustic Guitar plugs but they're not terribly versatile. The Bass plug seems to do...nothing.

But again, jump on the CLA and Manny. They really do make your tracks sound better and are a pleasure to use.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by James Steele »

I have CLA and MM. Luckily I got a refund from AudioDeluxe. I was able to cancel.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

Rick Cornish wrote:

Curious. May try the demo. Thx for the tip.

I've had mixed success with the Waves "signature" plugs. I use JJP Vocals on my guitar (jazz tone) and it also saved a voice-over on a video I produced last year (poorly recorded at another studio and also not the most inspiring read). JJP keys, however.....meh.
The best signature plugs by far are the CLA series. I have everything waves makes and rarely use the Maserati. It’s not bad but I always reach for the CLA stuff instead.
JJP is the stuff I reach for when I want EDGY or aggressive processing.
And watch out for the “Manny” plugs. They are great but use more processor and sometime can cause a system to lag a bit. They were the latest developed and I think Waves included more bells and whistles in them...Better..but a touch power hungry.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
Basstrup

SONNOX 50% off until 8/15

Post by Basstrup »

Save 50% on this good stuff - all individual or bundles.

http://www.frontendaudio.com/SearchResu ... 0-38497297

Neither the GML Option or Codec Toolbox are included in this Sale. Upgrades, cross-grades, exchanges and Educational purchases are also excluded.
Analog is great... We got both WOW and Flutter - what's your bias?
MOTU: DP9 - 2 x MachV - 2 x MX4 - 2 x 1296 - 2 x 896HD - 1 x UltraLite AVB - 1 x MOTU Monitor 8 - 1 x 24i - 3 x MTP AV | UA Apollo Quad | UA Arrow | SSL 2+ || Digi 002Rack | Mackie control + expanders | UAD-2 PCIe card | 2 x Mac Pro | Mac Mini Late 2018 | OS X 10.14.6
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Fabfilter has a bunch of discounts until August 1.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
yjoh
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by yjoh »

The electronic sample library Shortnoise Version 1 (value $199) is now free to download from VSTBuzz.
It's a 6 GB download in 5 separate parts. (rar files).

http://vstbuzz.com/
Rick Cornish

PlugIn Alliance Summer Sale

Post by Rick Cornish »

http://www.plugin-alliance.com

Lots of markdowns (including bx_refinement, which almost never goes on sale) and at least one freebie.

Ends 7/31.
Rick Cornish

Michael Canavan

JRR Rapture Pro sale

Post by Michael Canavan »

I know this is a serious GAS inducing type post but Rapture Pro is on sale and this is the last day.

JRR Shop has upgrades to Rapture Pro from any Cakewalk product ( I own Z3ta+) discounted even further. Less than $75...
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Manny Maroquin Reverb $29 today, 7/21 only

Post by James Steele »

I got an email from AudioDeluxe.com that they're blowing this out at $29. Just sharing. I already own the MM collection. It's also $29 at Sweetwater. I'm assuming the sale ends the same day. Since Sweewater helps support this site, if you're going to get this, I'd suggest picking it up from them. Here's a link:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MMReverb