Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

TrueKeys sale

Post by mhschmieder »

Babz, I'm amazed you found the trio for $92 -- that's a steal, and way lower than I paid for it (on sale) or for Galaxy's quartet (also on 50% sale at the time). Go for it; you won't regret it!

It's unlikely they wouldn't be put to use, even if you have other piano libraries or models that you like, as nothing else on the market sounds or reacts quite like the German and Italian.

I recently got Ivory II Italian working again (finally, with much help from the vendor), but still can't get very musical phrasing out of it (I'm SUPER-picky on that count though), and feel it doesn't have as much programmability as the VI Labs products.

The Wavesfactory Mercury is quite different, and anyway is a different model of Fazioli. I don't regret buying it, but it keeps getting trumped on final takes so far. It's very dark for a Fazioli, and I suspect the miking choices are part of it.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
mhschmieder

G-Force has M-Tron at 50% off and Streetly at 35% off (1 wk)

Post by mhschmieder »

M-Tron pro from G-Force is on half-sale this week, along with The Streetly Tapes at 35% off (all five volumes). The latter MIGHT load into SOME of the hardware emulations out there (see details in other people's posts).

https://www.gforcesoftware.com/gshop/products

I find the Special Effects from the BBC to be especially useful. A lot of hard-to-find sounds in there, and though they're mono and "lo-fi" for radio use, that can often be just the ticket!
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: TrueKeys sale

Post by Babz »

mhschmieder wrote:Babz, I'm amazed you found the trio for $92 -- that's a steal, and way lower than I paid for it (on sale) or for Galaxy's quartet (also on 50% sale at the time). Go for it; you won't regret it!
OK, you talked me into it!

Pretty frikin' SWEET. Esp. when you turn on the release samples and resonances etc. Plus, mixing the various mic settings. That's what seems to really set this one apart. Really gives you something BIG, which sounds fantastic in isolation. Haven't tried it in a mix yet.

Yes, it was 79 Euros for the 3 Pianos. I waited till the last minute and then had to go for it! Came to about $95 USD.

Must stop. Too many of these great deals this time of year. Have to try to exercise some restraint! :roll: :o
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by Babz »

Of course the best part of the deal was getting TRUE COWBELL, baby!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UQe0CuPzlQw
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Haha, I think I forgot about True Cowbell, which was a bit of a joke (might have even been released on 1 April). I doubt I've ever used it, as I prefer REAL to TRUE. :-)

mikehalloran

VILabs True Cowbell

Post by mikehalloran »

Babz wrote:Of course the best part of the deal was getting TRUE COWBELL, baby!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UQe0CuPzlQw
It's real! It's Free!

https://www.vilabsaudio.com/index.php?_ ... uecowbells

The Story
What do you do after you create one of the most comprehensive and well received virtual piano plug-ins on the market? You get to work.

Introducing True Cowbells. The most comprehensive Cowbell plug-in ever developed. We sampled three of the most popular cowbells on the market using different microphones. Choose close-up hits, the perspective from the player, or really explore the studio space with the room sound. You can even choose a "mix" position just like in (True Keys Pianos) to get a blend of all three microphone positions we recorded.

**It's true that this was just an April Fools Joke, but the product itself is real and we've received many positive comments with regards to it so we're going to keep it available.**

Requires the latest (free) UVI Player, MachFive or Falcon
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Rick Cornish

TODAY ONLY: Brainworx bx_control $19 (reg. $139)

Post by Rick Cornish »

Here's one…

Brainworx bx_control V2 Control Listening Tool & M/S Matrix

I like the Brainworx plugs I have (my only bitch is that some take up more screen real estate than I'd like). I've had my eye on this one, though not for the regular price. I haven't used it, but—based on my experience with their other products—I'll give it a go at this price. (There is a demo version available, as well.)

Get it for $19 today only.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ol_v2.html
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
Rick Cornish

Sharine Percussion Instrument 40% Off

Post by Rick Cornish »

From the email…
Production Expert has teamed up with Wavesfactory to offer their fantastic Sharine percussion instrument with 40% off normal price, that's £31.00 instead of £52.00, please note that as with the Wavesfactory store VAT is applied where applicable.

SHARINE - SHAKERS & TAMBOURINES FOR KONTAKT
If you need great shakers and tambourines then you need Sharine. 8 shakers and 4 tambourines recorded with 3 mic positions.

Sharine is the first percussion library that fully retains the pre-roll (also called pre-shift) of each sample while keeping the grooves in sync with your DAW. You get the best of both worlds, ultra-realistic sound with rock-solid timing.
I have it. It's a good one.

You can hear demos here…
https://www.wavesfactory.com/sharine/?m ... 842c862d49

Get the discount here…
https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/deals- ... 842c862d49
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
mhschmieder

Wavesfactory Sharine

Post by mhschmieder »

Highly recommended. I bought the W-Tambourine when it first came out, and found that it was a huge time-saver when needing to quickly add some realistic tambourine in the background after having already broken down the session setup for live instruments.

The expanded Sharine version is a great collection of different types of tambourines and hand shakers, and has more articulations and easy-to-combine short patterns than any other library that I know of (and I own a huge number).

If it goes on sale during the holidays, also keep an eye out for the similarly packaged Samba Drums, which includes some Brasilian instruments that are hard to find elsewhere and does a great and competitive job of even those that are found in similar collections from Sonokinetic and others, or in single-instrument libraries.

stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I never realized how much I have a preferred shaker sound until I heard that Sharine demo and realized my preferred shaker sound wasn't there.

It does look like a great product. I especially love the added feature to nudge the shaker so the max peak of energy is the reference for quantizing.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
mhschmieder

Korg Legacy Collection update on sale w/ ARP Odyssey

Post by mhschmieder »

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/korg-relea ... sale-39740

It's great also to hear of Korg's commitment to the collection going forward.

Unless I get additional discounts for other products I own, looks like the update with ARP Odyssey will be $50.

I wonder if Korg could secure the rights to TimewARP 2600 from the defunct Way Out Ware company? It is on life support, distributed by SONiVOX currently, but not really kept up-to-date with OS changes. The vendor helps when they can.

UPDATE: The Korg shop is back up. The migration is trivial and only takes two steps, now that things are working at their site. I did the upgrade to get the ARP Odyssey, and though that still is not one of my favourite synths (surprising, as the ARP 2600 actually IS my favourite synth of all time), it's miles beyond the G-Force emulation ("Oddity").

Rick Cornish

All Plugin Alliance Holiday Deals Extended until 01.05.2018

Post by Rick Cornish »

Rick Cornish

Rick Cornish

Re: All Plugin Alliance Holiday Deals Extended until 01.05.2

Post by Rick Cornish »

Rick Cornish wrote:Lots of deals as low as $9.

http://mailchi.mp/plugin-alliance/xmas- ... 4ca09aa7f8
BTW: If you’re on Plugin Alliance’s mailing list, you might have received a voucher which CAN be used in addition to these sale prices. I just bought $300 worth of plugs that were on sale for $28 and—with my voucher—I paid $3.
Rick Cornish

gseibert

Post by gseibert »

Has anyone used this? I am considering it. I do have the full version of Kontact, so that is not an issue. http://vstbuzz.com/deals/90-off-orchest ... -sounds/#/
2020 iMac 10 core 32 g ram, Catalina, DP11.04, UA Apollo X4, MTP/av usb, Komplete Ultimate 13,Albion One, BBCSO Core, TX81Z, SPX90, Digitech Studio Quad v2, Tascam DA20 mkII, Alesis ADAT, Roland s750, Mackie line mixer, Korg Z1, Roland A80, DX7, Kurzweil K2500X, Kurzweil K2000R, Kurzweil PC3, Korg 168rc Event 20/20 bas, Mini-Moog, EMS Synthi aks
mikehalloran

Re: 90% off “The Orchestral Bundle” by Aria Sounds

Post by mikehalloran »

gseibert wrote:Has anyone used this? I am considering it. I do have the full version of Kontact, so that is not an issue. http://vstbuzz.com/deals/90-off-orchest ... -sounds/#/
I have been looking at the Classical Guitarist. This would be a whole lot more for not much more $$. Can’t really say I need the rest but if they’re going to just give it to me...
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro