Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by James Steele »

Hey all... I'm creating a new topic where we can post plug in deals that we hear about online, etc. It seemed to make sense to do it this way, so that you can subscribe to this topic and get alerted anytime there's a post here. Should help prevent missing those good deals that are time sensitive. When you post though, remember to update the subject header if you're making a post about a new plug-in deal. If you are replying to a post about a deal, click the Quote button at the upper right of the post (even if you don't intend to quote) and it will keep the Subject header relevant. Just select and delete the quoted text if you don't wish to quote the post in your response. I'll start it off after this post.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
cuttime

Kontakt crossgrade offer, $124.50

Post by cuttime »

828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
James Steele
Site Administrator

UPDATED: Addictive Drums 2 $79.20...Don't Upgrade!

Post by James Steele »

UPDATED TO REFLECT BETTER DEAL:

It seems XLR is doing a 50% off sale on XLN plugs. I've had Addictive Drums 1 for years and liked it. You can get Addictive Drums 2 right now for $99.95 and then when you add it to your cart, the price drops to $79.20. This might only be good till July 7... that's what it was at AudioDeluxe.

So it's $79.20 when you add it to your cart at JRRShop

Now whatever you do, don't think you're better off upgrading at the XLN Audio website The "upgrade" is $79.95 (actually MORE expensive) and it does NOT include three new drum kits that you ill get with the full version for 75 cents LESS! It's not obvious to find this out either.

Here's the description of the full version from the JRRShop site:
this package includes the AD2 engine along with our bestselling Fairfax Vol. 1, Fairfax Vol. 2, and Black Velvet drum kits...
Now... here's something I dug out from the FAQ on XLN's site about the AD1 to AD2 upgrade:
If I buy AD2 new, the Fairfax 1&2 and Black Velvet ADpaks are included. Are they included in the upgrade?
No, the upgrades do not include these ADpaks, but they are available for purchase in the webshop.
So don't upgrade. Buy the full version for LESS and get the three new kits! !

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Kontakt crossgrade offer, $124.50

Post by James Steele »

cuttime wrote:Kontakt crossgrade offer, $124.50.
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... ade-offer/
Remember to update the Subject field when creating the post with the name of the offer. I did it for you. Otherwise, every post will be called "Re: Plug-in Sales and Specials Deals Sticky Topic". :)

James Steele
Site Administrator

Posting Methods in this Topic

Post by James Steele »

I think the best way this will work is if you're posting a NEW deal you heard about, just use the normal "Reply" button at the bottom of the page and then edit the Subject field as if you were creating a new topic on the board. If you wish to REPLY to a particular deal, even if you don't wish to actually quote the post, use the "Quote" button at the upper right of the post and then just quickly select and delete the quoted section before typing your reply. Or you can choose to keep the quoted bit too.

This IS an experiment. If this doesn't work out, I could create a separate forum or subforum just for these deal notices from users. Let's see how this works and if it's cumbersome, we can scrap it in favor of a better way.

Michael Canavan

Native Instruments Summer of Sound

Post by Michael Canavan »

NI's typical 50% upgrades to Komplete summer sale is on!

I think the cheapest you're going to find this by far is https://www.jrrshop.com
Significantly cheaper for the upgrade to Komplete Ultimate 10 from Komplete regular 2-10

you sign up for an account and post the coupon GROUP
:)
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Native Instruments Summer of Sound

Post by James Steele »

Michael Canavan wrote: you sign up for an account and post the coupon GROUP
:)
Cool. Also found better deal there on Addictive Drums, but what's odd is it was cheaper if I did NOT use the coupon code "GROUP". They had some other automatic type discount applied that was better that was negated when I added it. :)

kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

i bought the Komplete 10 Ultimate update from JRR-shop(for K8U or K9U users) it sold for $199,using the code FORUM it went down to $177 :dance:
Last edited by kgdrum on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

kgdrum wrote:i bought the Komplete 10 Ultimate update(for K8U or K9U users) it sold for $199,using the code FORUM it went down to $177 :dance:
Remember to strip the quoted stuff. I fixed it. I'm beginning to think a sticky topic is not going to really work for this. It's nice to get notifications, but more cumbersome. And I always check newest messages when I come to the site. A forum just for the software deals might be more manageable.

kgdrum

Soundiron Antidrum 3 intro Sale

Post by kgdrum »

intro sale price $39 ends 6/04 tomorrow,then it goes up to $59.

http://soundiron.com/products/antidrum-3
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
Michael Canavan

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by Michael Canavan »

At JRR Shop if the discount code GROUP doesn't work, often the other main code FORUM works.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Lexicon Plugs 50% of in June at Sweetwater

Post by James Steele »

I was alerted to this by Rick in another topic. He mentioned that the Lexicon MPX plugs are $49 right now, but turns out ALL Lexicon plugs are 50% off during the month of June. Temptation abounds. I love the sound of 80s recordings. :) Mmmmmmm....

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/search. ... icon-50off

kgdrum

Re: Lexicon Plugs 50% of in June at Sweetwater

Post by kgdrum »

You might want to check out Valhalla VintageVerb,it's never on sale but a real bargain as it sells for $50, it really captures the sound of the '70s & '80s.

https://valhalladsp.com/shop/plugins/va ... tage-verb/

:wink:
Tobor

Re: Lexicon Plugs 50% of in June at Sweetwater

Post by Tobor »

kgdrum wrote:You might want to check out Valhalla VintageVerb,it's never on sale but a real bargain as it sells for $50, it really captures the sound of the '70s & '80s.

https://valhalladsp.com/shop/plugins/va ... tage-verb/

:wink:
+10. I spent time playing with Valhalla Vintage Verb on vocals yesterday and it's a remarkable plug. Sometimes I couldn't hear the tail in small vocal spaces but A/B-ing the dry and wet track the increased presence on the VVV was significant. And alternatively you can swim in gorgeous pools of reverb if it suits.

In my recent research of favored reverb plugs Lexicon is frequently mentioned as is Valhalla, and grabbing the Lex PCM Reverb bundle at half off + from Audiodeluxe would no doubt be a good buy at $200 something. But if I were you I'd take that amount and get Valhalla's VintageVerb, Room, and Ubermod at $50 each and then grab Trash 2 on sale. Trash 2 is simply spectacular as a secret weapon on drum loops or busses, especially with the classic preset add-on.

At any rate it's a slam dunk that either Valhalla VintageVerb or Valhalla Room would give you more value and flexibility than the Lex MPX for your $50.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
billf

Iris and Trash Bundle

Post by billf »

Izotope Iris and Trash are bundled into a deal at AudioDeluxe. Code is SUMMERTIME

Offer ends June 14th.

http://audiodeluxe.com/products/izotope ... h-2-bundle
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1