Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: RX6 Upgrades

Post by mhschmieder »

I've been holding out on the upgrade because I'm more confused than ever about the tiering of products at iZotope.

I've wasted so much money on "suites" that don't add to what I already have and/or overlap other "suites", wondering what the extra cost is about if they never add anything and instead take stuff away.

I never really used RX Final Mix, so won't miss it, but own and paid for Neuron Advanced so don't know why upgrading my Production Suite from v5 to v6 would cost more than just upgrading RX Advanced, or whether I would lose protection against future upgrade costs.

Sorry if there's another thread for this; I've been too busy to read the forum and only checked tonight as launching DP indicated a new version, which I am downloading as I write this. There's enough talk about the RX6 upgrade and discount timeframe that it seemed OK to discuss options here.

The last time they did upgrades, some of us were in the same boat about which one to go for, and yet here we are for the third year (or update) in a row, where it seems that those of us who pay for the "suite" are being taken for "suckers", if not also those who buy into the "Advanced" versions.

I will continue to hold out on my RX6 upgrade until I figure out what makes the most sense financially and what all of the overlap is between the gazillion duplications I have bought of licenses etc. due to their confusing and possibly intentionally misleading product tiers.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
mikehalloran

Re: RX6 Upgrades

Post by mikehalloran »

I hear you, there.

I found it cheaper to go to Music Production Suite 2 than upgrade Ozone A last year. That should have been a bargain but I already owned nearly everything in it. As DP has gotten better over the years, the tools in MPS 2 are not as important as they used to be and it will take something radical for me to spend more money on those again.

I have so many redundant licenses just to get the tools I want. Part of it is the bundling; another is that, when I upgrade through Sweetwater, it always generates a new license. In addition, so much of the functionality overlaps among the various products.

I didn't expect to find anything in RX 6 or 6A to make me jump on it but I saw a few things I wanted. The trigger was pulled and I am liking it a lot. The fact that I can pay the $299 over 2 years at Sweetwater was not insignificant in my decision to buy now and not wait. I looked at the various RX bundles aimed at broadcast and film but I don't have the need.

I didn't need 6 to get De-plosive, though, as it is in the stand alone version of RX 5 Advanced. It will be nice to have it as a plugin now.

For those not familiar with RX, it comes as a set of plugin suite plus a standalone app that will process audio outside your DAW. Some of the tools do not exist outside the app and a few work better there. If the plugs get the job done, many find it more convenient (guilty). Ozone also uses the plugs/app setup. The Advanced versions include more tools, break out the plugin suite into separate plugs and add more control to each plug. Ozone A includes a copy of the standard version; RX A does not.

RX 6 now includes so much of what used to be in Advanced that I don't see the need for 6A unless you do sound for film or audio restoration like I.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
emulatorloo

Eventide UltraReverb Native on Sale

Post by emulatorloo »

Eventide UltraReverb Native $47.00 at AudioDeluxe until May 7, 2017

Further discount if you have an acct at AudioDeluxe. In care price is $39.49.

I have bought too many reverbs in the last couple months, but may have to jump on this.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/ev ... erb-native

UPDATE: Just visited Eventide site to register it. Looks like they are putting a plug in on sale every week for the month of May:

May 1-7 Ultraverb
May 8-14 Black Hole
May 15-21 Tverb
May 22-28 2016 Stereo Room

---------
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Eventide UltraReverb Native on Sale

Post by James Steele »

emulatorloo wrote:Eventide UltraReverb Native $47.00 at AudioDeluxe until May 7, 2017
I bought that a while back on a sale (I better double check to make sure) and I highly recommend it. Nice sounding 'verb. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

James Steele wrote:
emulatorloo wrote:Eventide UltraReverb Native $47.00 at AudioDeluxe until May 7, 2017
I bought that a while back on a sale (I better double check to make sure) and I highly recommend it. Nice sounding 'verb. :)
Yes.

If you haven't updated your Eventide plugs since before 2/22/2017, time to download the latest versions.
https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
emulatorloo

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by emulatorloo »

James: I love the sound of it so far! Very happy I purchased it.

I have BlackHole and 2016 Stereo Room as well.

2016 Stereo Room was another Plug-In Collective freebie from focusrite a few months back. It's nice.

Blackhole was another $50ish Audiodeluxe special a while back. It is fantastic! Great for experimental stuff and guitar.

Mike: thanks for the heads-up on updates!
dix

Post by dix »

I've been meaning to post here, in case folks don't know:

If ever you can't find a deal anywhere on a plugin you need, most ebay sellers that offer "Make an Offer" will come down a bit on the price. I've done it lots. Just FYI.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
mhschmieder

Re: iZotope RX 6 upgrade options

Post by mhschmieder »

Looks like the suite may be worth the extra few bucks over just upgrading RX Advanced after all, as RX Loudness Control is only available in that bundle. But you do get a redundant copy of the Neutron Advanced and Insight Metering Suite products.

The other bonus though (which I never got around to taking advantage of before) is access to tutorials and sound effect libraries.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
rnappi

Post by rnappi »

You probably already know this, but just in case, Loudness Control only works in Pro Tools & Adobe CC.

Rich
2012 Mac Pro 3.46 Ghz Westmere 12 Core_96G Ram_OSX 10.12.6_DP 9.5
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by terrybritton »

Further discount if you have an acct at AudioDeluxe. In care price is $39.49.

I have bought too many reverbs in the last couple months, but may have to jump on this.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/ev ... erb-native

UPDATE: Just visited Eventide site to register it. Looks like they are putting a plug in on sale every week for the month of May:

May 1-7 Ultraverb
May 8-14 Black Hole
May 15-21 Tverb
May 22-28 2016 Stereo Room

---------
Damn! You know how to grab this reverb-junkie's attention! Picked up Ultraverb (thank you!), have Black Hole + 2016, getting Tverb May 15th!

Definitely a beautiful sounding reverb here. Eventide makes fantastic stuff!

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
Basstrup

FREE Gatey Watey BOZ DIGITAL

Post by Basstrup »

For one more day get Boz Millar's Gatey Watey free using the coupon code freegatey

Gatey Watey is a lightweight but clever gate plugin. Unlike traditional gates, Gatey Watey lets you choose which frequencies get attenuated when the level drops below the threshold, making for a much more natural sounding gate. It works great for getting rid of drum bleed without cutting off your drums, or de-noising electric guitars without cutting off the sustain. Basically, it’s how all gates should work, but for some reason, they don’t.

Frequency selective gating
Lookahead

http://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/gatey-watey/
Analog is great... We got both WOW and Flutter - what's your bias?
MOTU: DP9 - 2 x MachV - 2 x MX4 - 2 x 1296 - 2 x 896HD - 1 x UltraLite AVB - 1 x MOTU Monitor 8 - 1 x 24i - 3 x MTP AV | UA Apollo Quad | UA Arrow | SSL 2+ || Digi 002Rack | Mackie control + expanders | UAD-2 PCIe card | 2 x Mac Pro | Mac Mini Late 2018 | OS X 10.14.6
emulatorloo

IK Multimedia ARC Room Correction 50% off until 5/15

Post by emulatorloo »

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/index. ... m_id=10707

ARC 2 = 149.99
ARC 2 from ARC 1 = 74.99
ARC System 2 for Only $/€149.99
Get 50% Off IK’s Advanced Room Correction (ARC) System for limited time

If you're serious about getting the best sound out of your room — whether you have a bedroom studio, high-end control room or anything in between — then take advantage of our special 50% sale on ARC System 2. From May 1st through May 15th, 2017 you can get ARC 2 for only $/€149.99 (normally $/€299.99). If you own the original ARC System, you can save 50% off as well and get the upgrade to ARC System 2 for only $/€74.99 (normally $/€149.99).
Any of you have this? Is it worth considering?
Rick Cornish

Re: IK Multimedia ARC Room Correction 50% off until 5/15

Post by Rick Cornish »

emulatorloo wrote:http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/index. ... m_id=10707

ARC 2 = 149.99
ARC 2 from ARC 1 = 74.99

Any of you have this? Is it worth considering?
I have it. A few things I've found:
1. It's not hard to set up, if you follow the instructions e-x-a-c-t-l-y and the result is impressive.
2. It works fine with multiple monitors, you just need to remember to switch profiles when you switch monitors.
3. Your experience may differ from mine, but I find it can be a little cumbersome to use when tracking, so I don't usually use it until I start to mix.
4. Don't forget to turn it off when you bounce-to-disk or you'll print your room correction all over your track.(I've done this and it's not what you want! :shake: )

JFYI: I believe I bought it for this price and don't believe I've ever seen it go lower.
Last edited by Rick Cornish on Fri May 05, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
emulatorloo

Post by emulatorloo »

Thanks Rick: I have a couple three rooms around the house I like to mix in, so this sounds terrific.

I am going to go broke saving all this money!
mhschmieder

Stick with RX 6 Advanced vs. Post-Production Suite

Post by mhschmieder »

Thanks for the reminder about Loudness Control not working as an Audio Unit or VST! I'll stick with just RX6 Advanced for my upgrade then.

Too bad I wasted the dough on RX5 Post-Production Suite, but I thought I was going to use the sound effect library. Maybe it's still not too late to use that voucher, or whatever it was.