Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by terrybritton »

stubbsonic wrote:I'm not seeing any special Melda deals via the audio deluxe website. Perhaps it is an email-only sale? Can you paste a link?
Here you go!
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MVintageRotary

Fifty cents less at their site, it seems.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by stubbsonic »

Thanks, bilf, those weren't showing on the Audio Deluxe site until I used your link.

And thanks, TerryBritton. I ended up just buying directly from the Melba site (for 50 cents more).

Now I'll wait for the vocoder and MSpectralDynamics to go on sale next!
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
mikehalloran

Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by mikehalloran »

The UVI is more customizable than the Melda which may sound a bit more natural. It's hard to tell—both sound great. I already have the PSP.

I have some old recordings that I did with the mda freeware—still works thanks to 32Lives. I was able to A/B/C/D the four last night. mda still sounds good in a dense mix but since you need 32Lives, it's the most expensive of the four. Of the other three, the UVI will be the one to grab when I am looking for a special effect but the PSP has tricks of its own. All three get the job done nicely. The Melda might be my first choice if looking for an organic, realistic sim for a solo organ. but the others aren't bad choices, either.

I remember a few years ago when there was nothing very good. Times have changed. Three excellent choices around $100 (depending on how much you've spent on PSP over the years) through today.

Don't mind me, I said I was a slut for a good sounding Leslie. Now I have three plus a couple of mediocre oldies.

No, I'm not going to recommend one over the other. Any of the three is a great choice if you're buying one.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

Just received an email from Cakewalk with a coupon code to share with friends giving you 10% off of SONAR Platinum, Professional or Artist in the Cakewalk Store. The coupon will expire on April 30th, 2017.

SONAR10

They have recently changed their pricing structure - see this blog post for more info.
http://go.cakewalk.com/m000X31010283jsDLzP0BJ0
Does not affect "Lifetime Update" owners like myself. (I do not only use DP!) :wink:

If that coupon is useful to you, I'm glad! :)

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

terrybritton wrote:If that coupon is useful to you, I'm glad! :)
Hmmm. We're mostly DP users here since his is a MOTU-focused board... but okay.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran

RX 5 on sale w/ no charge upgrade to RX 6

Post by mikehalloran »

AudioDeluxe announced a sale on all versions of RX 5 and upgrades (except the 4 plugins on sale last week) with RX 6 at no extra charge when released.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/search/site ... 2b6fab38f0

Edit: Sweetwater just updated their site a minute ago:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/search ... &Go=Search

I do some audio restoration and consider RX 5 Advanced an essential tool. I can't imagine how they might improve it with 6.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mikehalloran

Re: RX 5 on sale w/ no charge upgrade to RX 6

Post by mikehalloran »

mikehalloran wrote: Edit: Sweetwater just updated their site a minute ago:
On Sweetwater, an upgrade to RX 5A from the Plug-in Pack is $1,100. The upgrade to RX 5 is only $199 and the price from 5 to 5A is $499 for a total of $698. Hmmm...

I have more than one upgradeable license because of wonky deals in the past where it was cheaper to get a new copy and upgrade than update what I had. I'll get email from Izotope about upgrading my 3 license and my 5A with a number of different prices and will go for the best deal when the time comes—if 6A offers anything I need (big If).
kgdrum

Soundiron bundle for $99

Post by kgdrum »

Hi,
This is a great deal on a bundle of 5 Soundiron libraries!

The 5 Products Included are as follows :

Venus Symphonic Women’s Choir
Voice of Gaia: Bryn
Cymbology
Drinking Piano
Steel Tones

here's a review about this bundle :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRhqqTPe2Vk

link for deal:
https://audioplugin.deals/?utm_source=L ... dium=email

:dance:
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
James Steele
Site Administrator

Exponential Audio R2 Stereo Reverb FREE for Focusrite Users

Post by James Steele »

Got another Plug-In Collective email. If you have registered any Focusrite gear, you can log-in to the Focusrite site and get details on how to get the Exponential Audio R2 Stereo Reverb plug in for free.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
terrybritton

Re: Exponential Audio R2 Stereo Reverb FREE for Focusrite Us

Post by terrybritton »

James Steele wrote:Got another Plug-In Collective email. If you have registered any Focusrite gear, you can log-in to the Focusrite site and get details on how to get the Exponential Audio R2 Stereo Reverb plug in for free.
That is a really, really generous offer they have given us! The R2 is a fine piece of work by an former Lexicon pro. Thanks for the heads-up James! Got it!

Terry
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Exponential Audio R2 Stereo Reverb FREE for Focusrite Us

Post by James Steele »

terrybritton wrote:
James Steele wrote:Got another Plug-In Collective email. If you have registered any Focusrite gear, you can log-in to the Focusrite site and get details on how to get the Exponential Audio R2 Stereo Reverb plug in for free.
That is a really, really generous offer they have given us! The R2 is a fine piece of work by an former Lexicon pro. Thanks for the heads-up James! Got it!

Terry
Yeah... I just did a quick listening test after installing it, and I could tell right away it sounded nice. I'm going to have to check this out in more detail. What I like is there are tons of presets for each type of reverb!

James Steele
Site Administrator

Plug-In Alliance bx-subfilter for free

Post by James Steele »

Here's the link about it. You may have to create a Plug-In Alliance account if you don't have one already.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ilter.html

mikehalloran

Re: RX 5 on sale w/ no charge upgrade to RX 6

Post by mikehalloran »

mikehalloran wrote:AudioDeluxe announced a sale on all versions of RX 5 and upgrades (except the 4 plugins on sale last week) with RX 6 at no extra charge when released.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/search/site ... 2b6fab38f0

Edit: Sweetwater just updated their site a minute ago:

I do some audio restoration and consider RX 5 Advanced an essential tool. I can't imagine how they might improve it with 6.
RX 6 is here. I notice that Sweetwater duplicates all of the pricing options in my Izotope account. Their credit card gives me 24 months to pay for the upgrade, though.

De-plosive is now part of the standard version of RX 6 and is also a plugin— this is new. You no longer need Advanced nor do you need to process in the stand-alone to use it. Often you will get better results processing audio in the stand-alone but now you have a choice. Anyway, that made me pull the trigger.

Advanced has more tools and breaks them out into individual modules with more controls than the Standard version. Frankly, unless you do audio restoration (guilty) or dialog for film, I can't see needing Advanced anymore especially with De-plosive now included in RX 6. The new de-esser is also included in the standard version and looks like it will be great.

Since upgrading to RX 6A from any version of Advanced costs only $100 more, I went for it.
daniel.sneed

Post by daniel.sneed »

IMHO, RX is a killer plug and any serious small studio would benefit much from it.
Previous releases were great, but, for sure, I'm gonna upgrade to 6.
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...
mikehalloran

Re: RX 6

Post by mikehalloran »

daniel.sneed wrote:IMHO, RX is a killer plug and any serious small studio would benefit much from it.
Previous releases were great, but, for sure, I'm gonna upgrade to 6.
Frankly, I didn't know how they were going to improve 5A but De-plosive and the new De-esser being plugs did it for me. Latency on some of the others has been reduced.

That this is all part of the standard version means that few need Advanced anymore. I like the modular aspect of Advanced plus the additional controls in that version of De-noise for the audio restoration I do but I doubt that even I really need that version anymore now that 6 is out.

I have bought many 3rd party plugins over the years. MOTU has been improving DP that whole time. If starting from scratch, I could do just about anything I need in DP as is with the exception of audio restoration—for that, RX and Melodyne Studio are essentials but, really, they are the only ones anymore. (I'm not including VIs in this)