Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
menright
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by menright »

Bob Moog Encore Soundbank priced at $49 for the next week...

http://www.motu.com/products/software/b ... -soundbank
MacBook Pro 17' 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB, DP9.1, MachFive3, Ethno2, Synthmaster, Waves, UVI, Ableton Live
guitardood

Re: No BFD3 for $99? Steven Slate Platinum 4.0 instead

Post by guitardood »

mikehalloran wrote:
Got an email today from Guitar Center cancelling my order. :vomit:
Yeah I also got that email a few days ago.
Got the email from AudioDeluxe, GC and Sweetwater that Steven Slate Drums Platinum 4.0 Software (Download) is $99. Steven Slate Drums Trigger 2 Platinum Drum Replacement Plug-in (download) is the same price.

AudioDeluxe has them for $82.99ea using Coupon: FALL2015. Sweetwater usually matches – so will Guitar Center if you walk into the store and pay the sales tax. Hmmmmm...

Here's the demo video from Sweetwater.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SSDrums4Pl-e

I think someone's going to get my money this time.

I don't think I need the trigger but sometimes I wish that I had Drumagog. Hmmm...
Thanks for this, I went ahead and picked up the Slate drums+2 expansion packs and the Lexicon LXP collection all for $243 with AudioDeluxe's discounts. Pretty Awesome!!

FYI: It doesn't appear that AudioDeluxe is in their offices for Black Friday and any purchases aren't being processed till their next business day. :(

EDIT: I guess I was just being impatient :D - Got the licenses and downloads. Again, Awesome!
Last edited by guitardood on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuck Fletcher on Reverb Nation
Chuck Fletcher on Facebook

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You know, eventually you're going to get the one filled with alien-like nasty tasting goo and have to spit it out and say YUCK".
mikehalloran

Re: No BFD3 for $99? Steven Slate Platinum 4.0 instead

Post by mikehalloran »

guitardood wrote:
mikehalloran wrote:
Got an email today from Guitar Center cancelling my order. :vomit:
Yeah I also got that email a few days ago.
Got the email from AudioDeluxe, GC and Sweetwater that Steven Slate Drums Platinum 4.0 Software (Download) is $99. Steven Slate Drums Trigger 2 Platinum Drum Replacement Plug-in (download) is the same price.

AudioDeluxe has them for $82.99ea using Coupon: FALL2015. Sweetwater usually matches – so will Guitar Center if you walk into the store and pay the sales tax. Hmmmmm...

Here's the demo video from Sweetwater.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SSDrums4Pl-e

I think someone's going to get my money this time.

I don't think I need the trigger but sometimes I wish that I had Drumagog. Hmmm...
Thanks for this, I went ahead and picked up the Slate drums+2 expansion packs and the Lexicon LXP collection all for $243 with AudioDeluxe's discounts. Pretty Awesome!!

FYI: It doesn't appear that AudioDeluxe is in their offices for Black Friday and any purchases aren't being processed till their next business day. :(
On Wednesday, I had my rep at Sweetwater sign up at AudioDeluxe so that he could log in to check their prices — saves time when I ask them to match. :dance: There are things that AudioDeluxe carries that no one can match so they will still get plenty of my business — no worries, there.

Since Slate Platinum 4 and Trigger 2 appeared to have the same samples, I went and bought Drumagog 5 to get those samples, too.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Waves TrueVerb for FREE

Post by James Steele »

I got this in my email. My link specified my email address so I stripped that from the URL and it seems to still work. Give Waves your email address and they send you TrueVerb apparently.

http://www.waves.com/lpn/black-friday-2015/free-plugin
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Rick Cornish

Re: Waves TrueVerb for FREE

Post by Rick Cornish »

James Steele wrote:I got this in my email. My link specified my email address so I stripped that from the URL and it seems to still work. Give Waves your email address and they send you TrueVerb apparently.

Thanks, James!

Not only did I get the free reverb, after I entered my e-mail, I got a coupon for another $20 off the Black Friday price on Reel ADT, which I'd had my eye on for awhile. Then I broke down and bought the Aural Exciter, which was also on BF sale for $20 cheaper than I'd ever seen it.

Someone please make me stop.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Rick Cornish wrote:
James Steele wrote:I got this in my email. My link specified my email address so I stripped that from the URL and it seems to still work. Give Waves your email address and they send you TrueVerb apparently.

Thanks, James!

Not only did I get the free reverb, after I entered my e-mail, I got a coupon for another $20 off the Black Friday price on Reel ADT, which I'd had my eye on for awhile. Then I broke down and bought the Aural Exciter, which was also on BF sale for $20 cheaper than I'd ever seen it.

Someone please make me stop.
Rick:
How did you get the coupon? In the email I got from Waves with the TrueVerb serial number they had a number of 'dawbuster' deals with ADT, Gold, CLa comps, etc. but no mention of the $20 off on ADT (which was priced at $79 in the email). Not asking from an academic POV but ADT is something I've had my eye on and saving a few bucks wouldn't hurt.
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

musicman691 wrote:Rick:
How did you get the coupon? In the email I got from Waves with the TrueVerb serial number they had a number of 'dawbuster' deals with ADT, Gold, CLa comps, etc. but no mention of the $20 off on ADT (which was priced at $79 in the email). Not asking from an academic POV but ADT is something I've had my eye on and saving a few bucks wouldn't hurt.
When I used James's link for the free verb, after I entered my e-mail and clicked the button, a screen popped up with the offer. The cart wouldn't accept the code at checkout the first time I did it, so I saved the discount code and went back and did it again. The second time, there were three different extra discount offers that popped up after I registered for the freebie. I guess you just have to try and see.

Good luck.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Rick Cornish wrote:
musicman691 wrote:Rick:
When I used James's link for the free verb, after I entered my e-mail and clicked the button, a screen popped up with the offer. The cart wouldn't accept the code at checkout the first time I did it, so I saved the discount code and went back and did it again. The second time, there were three different extra discount offers that popped up after I registered for the freebie. I guess you just have to try and see.

Good luck.
Darn - looks like I'm out of luck as I didn't see that (or I just ignored it) but I did see at least a discount offer for Gold. And I checked my Waves account and there's nothing in there. To clarify - with the $20 off for ADT your final price was $59?
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

musicman691 wrote:. Darn - looks like I'm out of luck as I didn't see that (or I just ignored it) but I did see at least a discount offer for Gold. And I checked my Waves account and there's nothing in there. To clarify - with the $20 off for ADT your final price was $59?
No—I got it for $79 as it was on sale for $99 yesterday. Looks like they dropped the price again today.
Rick Cornish

mikehalloran

SPL De-Verb $9 today

Post by mikehalloran »

For those not using RX 5 (both versions) or RX 4 Advanced but want a de-verb tool, the SPL tool at $9 today might just come in handy now and then.

https://plugin-alliance.com/en/products ... +Week+4%29

I have no idea how they compare but, for $9?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Rick Cornish wrote:
musicman691 wrote:. Darn - looks like I'm out of luck as I didn't see that (or I just ignored it) but I did see at least a discount offer for Gold. And I checked my Waves account and there's nothing in there. To clarify - with the $20 off for ADT your final price was $59?
No—I got it for $79 as it was on sale for $99 yesterday. Looks like they dropped the price again today.
Just checked - the price is still $79 which is what it has been also on Audio Deluxe and Sweetwater since the Black Friday sales started. Neither price takes into account any bucks off coupon from Waves themselves. I don't remember a $99 price originally but I might well be wrong on that - I tend to miss/forget little things like that at my age (63 and counting).
bayswater

Re: SPL De-Verb $9 today

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:For those not using RX 5 (both versions) or RX 4 Advanced but want a de-verb tool, the SPL tool at $9 today might just come in handy now and then.

https://plugin-alliance.com/en/products ... +Week+4%29

I have no idea how they compare but, for $9?
Thanks for posting this. $9 is a no risk offer and I've been happy with the free and low cost SPL plugins so far.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Just got an email this morning from Waves with a link to a discount code for $30 off anything that's in their current sale. There's about 18 hours or so left in said sale. CM30 the code is.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Softube TSAR-1R Reverb for $29

Post by James Steele »

Black Friday sale still available today. $29

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TSAR1R
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Babz »

musicman691 wrote:Just got an email this morning from Waves with a link to a discount code for $30 off anything that's in their current sale. There's about 18 hours or so left in said sale. CM30 the code is.
Just snagged Real ADT for $49 (with the coupon discount). Nice!

This is my first ever Waves purchase (believe it or not). I have boycotted them up till now because of WUP horror stories I've read, so I hope I don't live to regret this. But hard to resist at that price!

Babz