Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Sutter Edit for $49... $200 off

Post by FMiguelez »

James Steele wrote:This is probably a pretty good one for some here. iZotope Stutter Edit normally $200 now $49 at AudioDeluxe. I think this is only good for another day. I received the email yesterday and it's being billed as a 48 hour sale.

http://audiodeluxe.com/products/izotope-stutter-edit
Thank you so much for the heads up, James! That thing had been in my wish list for too long. Now, I can't justify not saving 200 bucks!
I'm getting it right now.

Hello Stutter-Edit :)
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
KCman

Waves InPhase is $29 today

Post by KCman »

Waves InPhase is $29 today only(a little less if you add to cart at AudioDeluxe)
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Waves InPhase is $29 today

Post by James Steele »

KCman wrote:Waves InPhase is $29 today only(a little less if you add to cart at AudioDeluxe)
I saw that. I'm wondering if there's no way to flip phase with stock DP plugs? Is this something that is definitely a must have?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
KCman

Post by KCman »

James Steele wrote:
KCman wrote:Waves InPhase is $29 today only(a little less if you add to cart at AudioDeluxe)
I saw that. I'm wondering if there's no way to flip phase with stock DP plugs? Is this something that is definitely a must have?
I'm not sure what you mean?

I never tried a demo, cause of the price I figured no need. I have a mix to do from a loud live band on a big stage. They recorded it without much effort. I thought for the price I would try it.

Also, I am new, just figured out I should make the title appropriate to the post. Sorry.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

No biggie. It doesn't come up much for me, so not sure I'll need it. I remember once recording guitar and having an issue with phase cancellation because I was using two microphones and I think I gave up and just went with one mic. I haven't checked lately to see if the Trim plug has a phase-flip switch that flips it 180? Anyway, I need to read more about this plug and see if it's something I might use sometime soon. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

James Steele wrote:I haven't checked lately to see if the Trim plug has a phase-flip switch that flips it 180?
Hey James, the Trim plug does have that capability. It's been handy for me in the past.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
KCman

Post by KCman »

I see what youre saying now. I wasn't looking at it right.

This is supposed to be more than a phase flip. I usually just (try to) get a good sound off the bat, but I didn't record this and have to mix it. I guess I'll see what this plug does?
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Tritonemusic wrote:
James Steele wrote:I haven't checked lately to see if the Trim plug has a phase-flip switch that flips it 180?
Hey James, the Trim plug does have that capability. It's been handy for me in the past.
Exactly. There's a list that gives you options to Invert.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
guitardood

Post by guitardood »

mikehalloran wrote:
Tritonemusic wrote:
Exactly. There's a list that gives you options to Invert.
The other capabilities of this Waves plug seem to be handled nicely by DP's combo of the 180 switch on the Trim plug and the features of the Precision Delay plugin, No?

Chuck Fletcher on Reverb Nation
Chuck Fletcher on Facebook

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You know, eventually you're going to get the one filled with alien-like nasty tasting goo and have to spit it out and say YUCK".
stubbsonic

Dynamic Tonality donation-ware

Post by stubbsonic »

Just saw reference to this over at Synthtopia. They offer some fascinating apps and appear to be doing it for donation. An unusual step-sequencer, some microtonal stuff, and an intriguing modeling synth. Well worth a look. I like this donation idea, hopefully they'll get enough love to continue working on this stuff. It looks very cool.

http://www.dynamictonality.com/xronomorph.htm
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Rick Cornish

New Instrument: UVI Attack EP88

Post by Rick Cornish »

Got a notice from UVI this morning on an introductory sale on a new instrument: Attack EP88.

I know, "who needs another Rhodes!"—which was my first reaction. I was always a fan of George Cables's work with Freddie Hubbard in the 70s-80s, where he often used a tacked Rhodes like this one. Judging by the demo (some very nice playing by Benoit Sourisse is worth the listen, even if you're not interested in the VI), it would be useful for me.

It's on sale for $99 through May 2, when the price goes up to $149.

http://www.uvi.net/attack-ep88.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPScHTDrztU

EDIT: For those who----like me---may have assumed this instrument will work with MachFive3, I was told by UVI support that "Attack EP88 is only supported on UVI Workstation and Falcon".

Does this confirm the demise of MF3?
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
emulatorloo

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by emulatorloo »

Several Waldorf synth plug-ins 50% off at Native Instruments though May 9th:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ng-synths/

Nave $74.99
Largo $74.99
PPG Wave 3.V $74.99
Waldorf Edition 2 $34.99

Picked up Largo and Nave. Nave's great and have been wanting Largo for a long time. Very happy so far! Will probably get PPG 3.V too after payday.

5 other soft synths from on sale as well on that page.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

emulatorloo wrote:Several Waldorf synth plug-ins 50% off at Native Instruments though May 9th:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ng-synths/

Nave $74.99
Largo $74.99
PPG Wave 3.V $74.99
Waldorf Edition 2 $34.99

Picked up Largo and Nave. Nave's great and have been wanting Largo for a long time. Very happy so far! Will probably get PPG 3.V too after payday.

5 other soft synths from on sale as well on that page.
For those that use more than one daw, especially PT, be aware that not all synths support aax although vst2 and au support is pretty much universal here.
emulatorloo

Post by emulatorloo »

That's a great warning

Just checked the largo and nave installs to see what's up with those. Installs these plugin formats:

VST2
AU
VST3
AAX

These plug-ins require authorization w steinberg's eLicenser. You don't need an eLicenser dongle though. Just writes the authorization to yr HD

I have a dongle from an older Arturia V Collection that's not needed by Arturia anymore. Happily I have a new use for it now, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
emulatorloo

VSL May sale, 20 to 25% off

Post by emulatorloo »

From an email from Ilio:
Only during the month of May, 2016 you'll receive major discounts on Vienna's entire palette of software products!

20% Off

Vienna Ensemble PRO
Vienna Instruments PRO
Vienna Suite
Vienna Suite PRO
Vienna Software Package

25% Off

Vienna MIR PRO
Vienna MIR PRO 24
Vienna MIR RoomPacks (individual rooms and RoomPack Bundle)
MIRx Reverb Mixing Extensions (individual extensions and MIRx Bundle)
What's more, the discounts also apply to upgrade prices, e.g., from Vienna Ensemble Pro 4 to the latest version, from Vienna Suite to Vienna Suite Pro, or from Vienna MIR PRO 24 to Vienna MIR PRO.
Seems like most of the online dealers are participating in this.

Audiodeluxe discounts them further if you have registered w them.

For example the 20% off sale price of their VI host, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5, is $188.00. Audiodeluxe applies an additional discount if you are logged in, so that final price is $167.50.