Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by James Steele »

musicman691 wrote:As to the clarification I figured as much but I didn't want to get into trouble with James and the no religion thing.
I think it was fairly obvious to most everyone that you meant "goodly." 8)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

... and even if he didn't, so what?

It's not like the word itself is verboten; it's merely the debate of the merits of the obviously-related subjects that is so.

This is obviously for Jack; I know where you stand, James. I felt bad that he appeared to be treading on eggshells when let's face it, there was no need to.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Thanks James and Nicky for the thoughts.

But back on topic - it appears that Audio Deluxe has extended the Waves specials through Sunday along with using the save15 Waves code.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

A heads up: If you go for these "one-of" Waves specials, and the plugin is a different Waves version from those you have already, installing the newer plugin will delete all those at the earlier version. You then have to reinstall everything pretty much from scratch.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
billf

Post by billf »

bayswater wrote:A heads up: If you go for these "one-of" Waves specials, and the plugin is a different Waves version from those you have already, installing the newer plugin will delete all those at the earlier version. You then have to reinstall everything pretty much from scratch.
Yep! I just went through this after deciding to give the new NX plugin a try. So if you find all your Waves plugins missing, don't panic, just go back and run the old installer and they will reappear.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

Re: Waves, they of course now run everything through Waves Central, new software that met with a little hostility when they switched over to it.

I decided to take the plunge when I bought VoiceCentric. The long and short of it is yes, all my plugins had to be reinstalled with the new software, but I found it relatively painless and now really find Waves Central much easier to understand and deal with than the old system. And it's still Version 9 for the plugs, so I didn't have to WUP anything.

Managing licenses is also much easier. If you don't want to use a USB dongle, it takes about 30 seconds to temporarily transfer your licenses between your studio computer and laptop, for example. Enough of a nuisance so I don't necessarily want to do it every day, but it is straightforward.

I do wish they allowed you to have two active licenses like Soundtoys, Slate, and Softube among others allow. Seems I only need my physical iLok for Exponential, Lex PCM, and Ivory off the top of my head, so I'm using their plugs a lot less now.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

billf wrote:Yep! I just went through this after deciding to give the new NX plugin a try. So if you find all your Waves plugins missing, don't panic, just go back and run the old installer and they will reappear.
NX was the one that I bought. What do you think of it?
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Someone at PSP must really like DP as the new Stomp Delay has a short demo video using DP. Good to see our favorite daw getting some love.

http://pspaudioware.com/plugins/delays/psp_stompdelay/

PS: I love Waves Central; was a bit hesitant at first due to non-support at that time for OSX 10.9.5 but now it's all good.
billf

Post by billf »

bayswater wrote: NX was the one that I bought. What do you think of it?
I like the idea. It's a good concept, but I think it's going to take some time to prove it can actually be relied on for mixing in lieu of monitors. I wonder if it will have applicable uses in the area of VR sound design because it seems like a logical step.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

musicman691 wrote:Someone at PSP must really like DP as the new Stomp Delay has a short demo video using DP. Good to see our favorite daw getting some love.

http://pspaudioware.com/plugins/delays/psp_stompdelay/ ...
Their recent Spring 'verb plug demo was also in DP. :unicorn:
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

billf wrote:
bayswater wrote: NX was the one that I bought. What do you think of it?
I like the idea. It's a good concept, but I think it's going to take some time to prove it can actually be relied on for mixing in lieu of monitors. I wonder if it will have applicable uses in the area of VR sound design because it seems like a logical step.
I spoke to someone who was asked to do a quick quad mix and had no rear monitors or the time to get some and set them up. He said it was good in a pinch, at least enough to get the work done for that one project, and the positioning was stable and distinct. Maybe that doesn't translate to monitors, but as you suggest, it doesn't always have to. His only advice was to take your glasses off -- his interfered with the web cam tracking.
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

musicman691 wrote:Someone at PSP must really like DP as the new Stomp Delay has a short demo video using DP. Good to see our favorite daw getting some love.

http://pspaudioware.com/plugins/delays/psp_stompdelay/

PS: I love Waves Central; was a bit hesitant at first due to non-support at that time for OSX 10.9.5 but now it's all good.
Stomp Delay is fun, sounds great!
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
Basstrup

Post by Basstrup »

Kazrog has a 50% off sale on KClip use code 027C3706 making this great clipper / limiter only $9.99

http://kazrog.com/products/kclip/ - let the loudness war continue....
Analog is great... We got both WOW and Flutter - what's your bias?
MOTU: DP9 - 2 x MachV - 2 x MX4 - 2 x 1296 - 2 x 896HD - 1 x UltraLite AVB - 1 x MOTU Monitor 8 - 1 x 24i - 3 x MTP AV | UA Apollo Quad | UA Arrow | SSL 2+ || Digi 002Rack | Mackie control + expanders | UAD-2 PCIe card | 2 x Mac Pro | Mac Mini Late 2018 | OS X 10.14.6
James Steele
Site Administrator

Get SampleTank 3 Full with iRig Keys, iRig Pads or iRig MIDI

Post by James Steele »

Until May 31, iK has a deal going where you get SampleTank3 when you buy either an iRig Keys, iRig Pads, or iRig MIDI 2.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/st3controller/

Seems like it might be a pretty good deal if you could already use one of these devices. I have an iPhone 5s and the iRig MIDI 2 might be the thing for saving Sysex dumps to.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Sutter Edit for $49... $200 off

Post by James Steele »

This is probably a pretty good one for some here. iZotope Stutter Edit normally $200 now $49 at AudioDeluxe. I think this is only good for another day. I received the email yesterday and it's being billed as a 48 hour sale.

http://audiodeluxe.com/products/izotope-stutter-edit