Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

PSP Spring Reverb $29

Post by mikehalloran »

bayswater wrote:Springbox Reverb at PSP is on sale for $29, regularly $69.

http://pspaudioware.com/plugins/reverbs/psp_springbox1/

(The PSP video uses DP to show it in action)
I've used it a few times. Sometimes, a spring is just what you need.

Unlike the real deal, it doesn't crash when you hit your computer. I've never decided if this was a good or bad thing. :rofl:
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Re: PSP Spring Reverb $29

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:Unlike the real deal, it doesn't crash when you hit your computer. I've never decided if this was a good or bad thing. :rofl:
Too bad. Should be a button on it to do that.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
musicman691

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by musicman691 »

bayswater wrote:Springbox Reverb at PSP is on sale for $29, regularly $69.

http://pspaudioware.com/plugins/reverbs/psp_springbox1/

(The PSP video uses DP to show it in action)
What PSP video? I see none anywheres on the PSP site.

edit:
It's not on the PSP site but on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dozkXiHDPBo
billf

Post by billf »

stubbsonic wrote:Hey, so I just bought & downloaded PitchMap and wanted to give a very quick warning.

Don't think this will be your pitch & time solution. For their demo, they chose material that works well with the plugin. But there are certain kinds of audio that won't track well at all.

The first thing I tried was an Imogen Heap thing and it worked well. But then I loaded a solo voice with piano and the results were terrible. I tried fiddling with the settings, but it really just didn't work- it was a hot tracking mess.

I still think this is going to be a useful tool. But they oversold its versatility. For some types of material it is very effective, for others, not useable.
Very true.

I have this plugin, and while it's fairly good for special effects and twisting certain material for creative uses, it is not the sort of pitch correction that would be in the same category as Melodyne.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

bayswater wrote:
mikehalloran wrote:Unlike the real deal, it doesn't crash when you hit your computer. I've never decided if this was a good or bad thing. :rofl:
Too bad. Should be a button on it to do that.
Electro Harmonix used to have a reverb stompbox that did that (and no it wasn't a spring reverb inside). Sounded just like when you'd kick a Twin Reverb :mrgreen:
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

musicman691 wrote:Sounded just like when you'd kick a Twin Reverb :mrgreen:
Music to my years.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

musicman691 wrote: kick a Twin Reverb :mrgreen:
Punk.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Today is the last day for the March Waves sales at Audio Deluxe and at Waves themselves. At Waves you can use the code save15 for an additional 15% off and at AD you can use that same code for an additional 15% off the AD discount price on Waves plugins.

Caveat: I don't think all Waves plugins are on this deal but a goodly amount are.

edit: corrected error in the caveat. This was not an attempt to bring in a subject I know is verboten here, just a mis-type on my part.
Last edited by musicman691 on Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kgdrum

Sugar Bytes Unique Synth $29

Post by kgdrum »

I can't resist a softsynth bargain even if I really don't need it,lol
Today Musicians Friend has Unique as one of their Stupid Deal promotions it's on sale for $29 it's normally $99.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?s ... rc=3TP5DNB
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

And then there's this...

http://vstbuzz.com/deals/50-off-titan-2 ... t-service/

Comes out to about $102 USD
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

musicman691 wrote:Today is the last day for the March Waves sales at Audio Deluxe and at Waves themselves. At Waves you can use the code save15 for an additional 15% off and at AD you can use that same code for an additional 15% off the AD discount price on Waves plugins.

Caveat: I don't think all Waves plugins are on this deal but a godly amount are.
Godly? Is that religion?

I noticed Waves Gold (not God) was about $250. Sometime around V 2 or V3, I think Waves Ren itself was $600, so pricing seems to have changed a bit. OTOH, the WUP for my Waves Ren is now $300, up from about $30 the first (and only) time I wupped. There was supposed to be some sort of cap at $200, but the Wave site had a convoluted explanation on how that works.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

bayswater wrote:
musicman691 wrote:Today is the last day for the March Waves sales at Audio Deluxe and at Waves themselves. At Waves you can use the code save15 for an additional 15% off and at AD you can use that same code for an additional 15% off the AD discount price on Waves plugins.

Caveat: I don't think all Waves plugins are on this deal but a godly amount are.
Godly? Is that religion?

I noticed Waves Gold (not God) was about $250. Sometime around V 2 or V3, I think Waves Ren itself was $600, so pricing seems to have changed a bit. OTOH, the WUP for my Waves Ren is now $300, up from about $30 the first (and only) time I wupped. There was supposed to be some sort of cap at $200, but the Wave site had a convoluted explanation on how that works.
Sorry - I meant goodly and my apologies for the error. Will correct the post.

Oh yeah - the WUP cap is now at $300; not sure if this is if all plugins are going to be used on one computer or not.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

musicman691 wrote:Sorry - I meant goodly and my apologies for the error. Will correct the post.

Oh yeah - the WUP cap is now at $300; not sure if this is if all plugins are going to be used on one computer or not.
I knew what you meant. Just being a PITA here.

A WUP of $300 for plugins they sell for about $150 is a bit much. I'd do better by just buying them fresh when I want an upgrade. I don't know what's going on at Waves. I like the plugins a lot, but can't see sticking with them much longer.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

bayswater wrote:
musicman691 wrote:Sorry - I meant goodly and my apologies for the error. Will correct the post.

I knew what you meant. Just being a PITA here.

A WUP of $300 for plugins they sell for about $150 is a bit much. I'd do better by just buying them fresh when I want an upgrade. I don't know what's going on at Waves. I like the plugins a lot, but can't see sticking with them much longer.
You would not have a WUP of $300 for a $150 plugin. The cap means say for instance you have a bunch of plugins where if it was an individual WUP on each and the total would be over $300 then you cap out at $300. My TG12345, RS56 and REDD WUP's are $30 each and True Verb is $11.90. I have no idea how they figure out the amount. Personally I don't see the necessity of a WUP if you don't have a collection like Gold, Platinum, etc.

As to the clarification I figured as much but I didn't want to get into trouble with James and the no religion thing.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:And then there's this...

http://vstbuzz.com/deals/50-off-titan-2 ... t-service/

Comes out to about $102 USD
Here's a YouTube with a guy sampling the patches for bout a half an hour! Sounds pretty good to me. reminds me of the Emu Morpheus.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS