Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Eleventh Hour Sound
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by Eleventh Hour Sound »

My favorite piano VI; Ivory II is on sale for 33% off:

From their eMail:

You've read the amazing reviews. You've heard the wonderful demos, but you haven't gotten around to getting the three-piano Ivory II Grand Pianos for yourself.

Perhaps you've just been waiting for the right time?

Synthogy is proud to announce that during the month of May their flagship collection Ivory II Grand Pianos will be on sale for 1/3 off! With three sensational pianos in one package, that’s like getting one piano absolutely FREE.

http://www.ilio.com/products/synthogy-i ... tomer-list

Ivory II-Grand Pianos Features:

Over 77 Gigabytes of stunning, Acoustic Grand Piano sampled instruments:
Bösendorfer 290 Imperial Grand
German Steinway D 9' Concert Grand
Yamaha C7 Grand
Up to 18 discrete velocity layers with Sample Interpolation Technology
Sympathetic String Resonance
Expertly tuned and regulated pianos recorded in world-class studios and concert halls
All 88 keys individually sampled in up to 18 dynamic levels (plus Bösendorfer extended low octave)
Dozens of performance features and enhancements
Normally $349, Ivory II Grand Pianos can be purchased for only $233 in May!
DP11.1, 16" MacBookPro 2.3Ghz 8 Core i9's 32GB Ram 1TB SSD, (2) external 1TB Samsung SSD's , Steven Slate SSD 5.5 and Trigger Drums, ML-1 Mic and VSX Headphones, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Ivory2, EW, MSI, MX-4, Philharmonik 2, Komplete, Reason, Live, Melodyne, IK Multi's Total Studio, ARC, T-RackS, SampleTron, AMG's KickA--Brass. and my beloved guitars :-)
Basstrup

dpMeter II free

Post by Basstrup »

Professional Audio Tools has released dpMeter II free of charge - not related to Digital Performer, but a nice precise digital audio multi channel meter including RMS, EBUR128 and TruePeak measurement. It is the sucessor of dpMeter and adds manual loudness matching.

http://www.tb-software.com/TBProAudio/
Analog is great... We got both WOW and Flutter - what's your bias?
MOTU: DP9 - 2 x MachV - 2 x MX4 - 2 x 1296 - 2 x 896HD - 1 x UltraLite AVB - 1 x MOTU Monitor 8 - 1 x 24i - 3 x MTP AV | UA Apollo Quad | UA Arrow | SSL 2+ || Digi 002Rack | Mackie control + expanders | UAD-2 PCIe card | 2 x Mac Pro | Mac Mini Late 2018 | OS X 10.14.6
mhschmieder

Soundiron Mercury boy's choir 50% off until 15 May

Post by mhschmieder »

Both editions on sale, but I can't find info on whether upgrades from the lighter "Elements" edition which I own (and which is sold as a Kontakt Player library) are also on sale; nor can I even find the availability of this upgrade on their website AT ALL, after considerable time looking!
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
mikehalloran

Sampletank 3 for free with Hardware purchase — $59.99 and up

Post by mikehalloran »

In case you aren't following the Memorymoog thread, IK is having a very interesting sale: Buy any hardware product on this page and get the full version of Sampletank 3 for free.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/st3controller/

Prices on qualifying hardware begin at $59.99.

I keep looking for Mad Man Muntz but I don't see him anywhere.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mikehalloran

IK Software 25% before discount at AudioDeluxe May 14/15 onl

Post by mikehalloran »

AudioDeluxe is having an interesting sale. I can update to Miroslav 2 and save over $100 if I go through AudioDeluxe this weekend.

IK Multimedia Total Studio MAX is $674 for a new license (my upgrade from Sampletank 3 is normally $799!) Discount code SPRINGTIME

Get the ultimate fully stocked recording studio with Total Studio MAX Get AmpliTube MAX, T-RackS MAX, SampleTank MAX and Miroslav Philharmonik 2 for one amazingly low price Everything you could ever need for recording, sound design, mixing...
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I had email from Kirk Hunter Studios yesterday saying everything on the site is 50% off. A code (50OFF) is required. This with an account are asked to reset their password.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I got an email from plugivery and DontCrack that they have taken over management of Nomad and are offering very discounted prices (from 67-96% off!). Lots of other deals over there.

http://store.dontcrack.com
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

stubbsonic wrote:I got an email from plugivery and DontCrack that they have taken over management of Nomad and are offering very discounted prices (from 67-96% off!). Lots of other deals over there.

http://store.dontcrack.com
There were some big discounts on Nomad at JRRShop too. Seem to be perpetually heavily discounted I wonder if Nomad is winding up.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

bayswater wrote: Seem to be perpetually heavily discounted I wonder if Nomad is winding up.
It's a bit my feelings, my impression. :oops:
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Here's a paste from the email they sent me, which is making it sound like they are actively involved in building the Nomad brand:

"In early 2016, we at DontCrack/Plugivery took over Nomad Factory’s management and have saved the company and kept all the employees.
We also implemented a very important element in building an efficient and well documented support system for Nomad Factory. Our new support system can be accessed via the link, help.nomadfactory.com, where we have created lots of answers (FAQs) to general and specific technical questions to aid use of the products and throughly deal with common support queries at first contact. Users can now also easily access their licenses/serials/activation codes via the ‘Licenses’ tab.
In addition to this, Nomad Factory’s R&D team is actively working on new products and since January we launched Drum Tools and Bus Driver.
When we first decided to do the Bus Driver as a giveaway, we planned to stop it after a month or 25,000 units, whichever came first. We gave away twice that number as of March, and had great success reaching out to the audio community.
We are now approaching an amazing total of 60,000 Bus Driver units delivered. We’ve received hundreds of amazing testimonials from users that simply love the sound and feel of the plug-in.
As all Nomad Factory products, Bus Driver is easy to use, has a beautiful GUI, has great colourful textures and at the end, it simply does what it advertises. We’ve even already updated the plug-in to version 1.0.3 with new features reflecting users request. We hope to have pleased everyone.
As of today and for a limited time, we are going to sell Bus Driver, at the no-brainer price of ONLY $4.99, which is the same ridiculous price as a can of your favourite soft drink. Please continue your support, we love that you’re enjoying these superb Nomad Factory products. We are working hard to provide hot new products that will expand the Nomad Factory catalogue and stimulate your musical creativity.
But wait, there’s more…

While we are revamping the company and working on new products, we have decided to make ALL Nomad Factory products available at up to 96% OFF! Yes you heard right, UP TO 96% OFF!!!
Check out our crazy time-limited promo’s for ALL Nomad Factory products, you won’t believe the price reductions. Tell your friends, family, shout it from the rooftops and enjoy using these incredible audio tools at prices that beat all the competition!"

What follows are a list of prices of the Nomad plugs. They do have some nice products over there and even the regular prices seem good.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I got that email too. It has mixed messages about the value of the company.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I'm just guessing here that with the passing of Bernie Torelli, the Nomad Factory company needed to have a distribution arm to get through that difficult transition. And being able to offer that catalog at deep discounts is going to attract some new customers.

Hopefully, they'll have some other DPS wizards in that crew who can keep that thing going.

mhschmieder

Limited-time upgrade to new Arturia suite with Hammond, Rhod

Post by mhschmieder »

http://audiodeluxe.com/search/apachesol ... e325cfc6f5

I don't have time to check the details right now, and may not until late next week. See some of my comments over in Recording under the Hammond topic there.

Dave might chime in if he has time.

This is a reasonably priced upgrade for those already owning V-Collection. I don't know how long the upgrade sale is on for; it probably states it somewhere in the product details.

Sorry this is a quick hit-and-run, as work is insane right now and I won't be around for a few days coming up soon. In case this sale is just for a few days, I wanted to make sure people know about it so they can plan for it financially.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Michael Canavan

Re: Limited-time upgrade to new Arturia suite with Hammond,

Post by Michael Canavan »

mhschmieder wrote:http://audiodeluxe.com/search/apachesol ... e325cfc6f5

I don't have time to check the details right now, and may not until late next week. See some of my comments over in Recording under the Hammond topic there.

Dave might chime in if he has time.

This is a reasonably priced upgrade for those already owning V-Collection. I don't know how long the upgrade sale is on for; it probably states it somewhere in the product details.

Sorry this is a quick hit-and-run, as work is insane right now and I won't be around for a few days coming up soon. In case this sale is just for a few days, I wanted to make sure people know about it so they can plan for it financially.
Just to add to this, the inventor of the Synclavier directly helped with the code for the emulation.
So it's a good deal. AudioDeluxe are the only ones offering a discount on the upgrade price, I'm very tempted, the Synclavier isn't the only new thing, Farfisa, piano etc.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

See my brand-new topic on the upgraded Arturia Collection, as it will long outlive this short-term introductory sale. My loyalty discount was less than $170. That's under $34 per synth!