Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

VI Labs True Keys bundle for $100 until 8 FEB

Post by mhschmieder »

https://audioplugin.deals

Sorry I forgot to post this earlier, but there's still more than a week to go until it ends on 8 FEB.

$100 is a steal for these three pianos. The Fazioli in particular is worth the price. I find it far more flexible and adaptable than Imperfect Samples, Ivory II, or other Faziolis on the market.

Please note that this bundle does not include the Ravenscroft piano, which is my favourite but only on certain material (so far).
Last edited by mhschmieder on Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

They did the same deal a few years ago and I picked these up. They're fantastic, HOWEVER, regardless of the hype, they appear to be the same piano tweaked three different ways (still well worth the price). I say that because (as a former piano tuner) I am somewhat sensitive to nuances of individual instruments. I can't remember which note it was (I think it was F#4 or 5) that had a little twang in it, indicating the hammer was a little hard or slightly off center. I listened to each instrument and each one had the same twang but EQ'd differently. The chances of it being the same note on each individual piano is quite remote. Of course, I've been wrong about other things in the past.

The "German" piano is the brightest, followed by the "Italian" 'Faz' (my favorite real piano for EV-VER!) and the "American" being the most heavily EQ'd. I do, in fact, use all three depending on the situation and don't regret owning all three. But it is entirely possible to arrive at the Italian and the American if one wants to put in a lot of time massaging the sound of the German. It's more work than I would put in, but again, you're getting all three for an insane price. I think it's the best piano VI I've heard. Of course a $150k Fazioli would also be worth saving for...

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mhschmieder

Re: True Keys on sale until 8 FEB for $100

Post by mhschmieder »

MLC, that's surprising, because I thought True Keys was 100% samples, with maybe only some modeling here and there for some of the sympathetic resonance features?

It's easy to get confused between True Keys and True Pianos; I have done so myself on multiple occasions. True Pianos actually does contain some modeling aspects alongside the sampling.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
MIDI Life Crisis

I have True Keys. That package. Yes, I was surprised.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

I have True Keys. That package. Yes, I was surprised.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mhschmieder

Re: VI Labs True Keys on sale until 8 FEB

Post by mhschmieder »

I think the reason for the $99 sale may be due to Chocolate Audio's piano suite having been on sale for roughly the same amount, off and on, since Thanksgiving.

I've heard great things about that suite as well, and the Yamaha C7 demos sound especially nice, but I had blown my budget by several factors by the time that sale came along. May grab it next time it's on sale though. Their drum libraries for BFD are just about the best, and they have a great Yamaha BB-Bass library as well.

kgdrum

Hideaway Studio 1/2 price winter sale is ending 1/31/17

Post by kgdrum »

Just a reminder Hideaway Studios 1/2 price sale ends 1/31/17

Hideaway Studios !/2 price sale is still going on,these are great quirky Kontakt based libraries.
These libraries are normally very reasonably priced and with this sale they are incredible bargains!

The developer Dan Wilson is a really talented guy,his specialty is reviving ancient rare mostly forgotten synths which he then imports into Kontakt.
Most of these libraries were collaborative works with the late great Stephen Howell aka Hollow Sun with scripting chores handled by Mario Krušelj aka Evil Dragon,highly recommended.

https://hideawaystudio.wordpress.com/

I went for The Blue Zone,The Orbitone Collection,Chromatix,Synergenesis and the Pentodian Resonator Choir.

:dance:
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
stubbsonic

HOFA- System 1, modular effects INTRO deal

Post by stubbsonic »

It's an impressive arsenal of high quality effects in a kind-of-modular GUI. The reverbs sound absolutely stunning, and the rest of the effects will be very high quality.

The intro price is about 60 euros. It includes 20 modules. It's not clear if there would be some way of adding modules or whether new modules would be included in future updates.

https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/hofa-system/
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Just did a quick check out of the HOFA System 1 in DP 8.

It ending up being $54 USD, which was a nice surprise. I got stuck for a moment when checking out, until I realized that "PC" stood for "postal code". (DUH!) The installation & authorization is handled through a HOFA Plug-ins Manager app. It involved downloading an app, clicking a link in an email, and authorizing the app itself. It was a bit of hoop jumping, but nothing too odd.

It scanned fine in DP's AU launch check. I inserted it on a percussion track set to memory cycle and started tinkering with the modules and presets. It works fine. My only initial gripe was that the tool tips were so quick and insistent that I couldn't really see or use the GUI until I turned them off!

The reverbs are quite good. The other stuff seems very solid as well. My least favorite was the macro pitch shifter. I'm sure it will prove useful, but it's not the kind of pitch shifting we've come to expect from a higher end plug-in rig.

Two standout features are the ability to use parametric EQ's in a modular way. If I understand it correctly, you can have up to 11 bands- and you an process each band with other modules.

I didn't see any direct mention of side-chaining. So I'll need to research that a bit more.

For $54, I can't complain. It's a powerhouse channel-strip and modular multi-effects. The reverbs alone are impressive. I could see setting up a few complex chains that I'd use often.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
cuttime

Synthmaster One Crossgrade $29

Post by cuttime »

For those who got Synthmaster 2.8 for $10 over the holidays, you may be interested in Synthmaster One for a nice bargain of $29. I'm just taking it for a spin, but the wavetable synthesis is of interest to me. There isn't a manual yet, but this would get you started:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpL4KBkoBdc
Upgrade path: Download the Synthmaster One Beta Demo
https://www.kv331audio.com/downloads.aspx
In the browser page there is a crossgrade button. Not sure why everything is labeled beta, as I think this is an official release. Seems solid on my system.
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by terrybritton »

Fantastic! Thanks for this! :-)

Nice, clean interface!

There is an entire playlist on YouTube - here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLlI ... pL4KBkoBdc

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
kgdrum

Neo Soul Keys Studio:new version with intro sales price

Post by kgdrum »

Neo Soul Keys has released an interesting new version of Neo Soul Keys,imo it looks like they've created this new version as a comparable alternative to Spectrasonics Keyscape.
Neo Soul Keys has been imo one of the best EP VI's for a long time, this new release looks like Gospel Musicians are raising the bar substantially.
The intro and crossgrade prices are quite reasonable,if you own any previous version of Neo Soul Keys you will qualify for the $39 crossgrade.

from their website:

Neo-Soul Keys® Studio is the newest iteration of Gospel Musician’s legendary Neo-Soul Keys versions. It is a standalone sample library plugin (VST/AU/AAX/Standalone) and features a brand new sample engine using the highest DFD streaming algorithms. It also contains all of Overloud’s VKFX keyboard FX suite built in. These amazing effects are also included as a separate FX rack plugin that can be used in your DAW to process audio. So essentially, Neo-Soul Keys Studio is two products in one (Effect Rack and Sounds).

Neo-Soul Keys® Studio’s regular price is $199.99, but will be on sale for an introductory price of only $79.99. Existing Neo-Soul Keys customers can crossgrade for $39.99. Sale ends March 20th.

What's New from the Other Versions?
42 New Electric Pianos
New Clav
New Mark I Stage
New Mark II Stage
New Mark V Stage
New RARE Wurli 300
This Model was only available in Germany and came in a wooden cabinet.
It was based upon the 200, but with added speaker and the same amp as the 206
All EX5 Ep Factory presets
New FM Tines, Dynos, and Crystal EPs
26 New Mechanical FX
Featuring Overloud's Vintage Keyboard FX suite integrated as the main FX.
Overloud's Vintage Keyboard FX included as a separate dedicated FX rack for your DAW
FX Racks can be moved to change the effect’s signal routing.
Optimized CPU and loading with extra attention to Logic Pro and Mainstage
Optimize preset system with better saving options and a search function
Much larger HD GUI screen for better viewing (1000x780)
Simple serial number authorization**
New vintage modeled Master Limiter with a smooth and transparent soft limit and tube saturation.
Keyboard Follow (K.Follow) for Decay
Self Contained Plugin - No Free Player Required
Resizable GUI (85% View for Smaller Laptops)
Each mechanical effect has a dedicated:
ADSR
Velocity Curve
Velocity Amount
Keyboard Amount
Gain and Volume

Highlights and Features:
Available for VST/AU/AAX/Standalone
Operating Systems: Windows 7+ and OSX 10.7.5+
21GB of High Quality Samples
88 Distinct Electric Piano Timbres
60 Dedicated Mechanical FX
126 High Quality Presets
All of the VKFX Vintage Effects from Overloud
VKFX Included as Standalone FX to use in your DAW
18 High quality AMP Sims

https://gospelmusicians.com/
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
mhschmieder

Re: Neo Soul Keys Studio:new version with intro sales price

Post by mhschmieder »

I bought this today, and spent two hours with it.

It's worth the $40 upgrade cost for me, to get the unusual Wurly 300 model, which sounds almost like a hybrid of a Wurly 200A, a Clavinet, and a Rhodes V.

The Wurly 300 is way more articulate than the 200A, has more funk/spunk to it, is warmer, and yet still spanks like Supertramp.

I was unable to get close to my two dozen or so personal setups, due to how different this version is. Just be aware of that; it won't be a hindrance to those who have the time and inclination.

As someone who spent far too much of their time programming and porting patches over the years, anything beyond simple/quick no longer appeals to me as my time becomes more limited with each passing month. The switch from Kontakt to UVI was far less of a jolt than this switch to a proprietary engine.

The GUI is nice and intuitive, but a bit gimmicky and weird in its consolidated presentation of all e-pianos using the same interface and parameters, many of which seem like they'll quickly become dated (if they aren't already) and which probably could have been descriptive instead of "cute".

The product price is right for what the product offers; especially during the introductory sale. And I can't say enough about the Wurly 300, which is unavailable anywhere else and worth the price on its own.

If you are expecting a quick switch from your use of the old product to the new, however, be aware that this will probably take awhile, unless you don't have any personal setups and don't even depend on factory setups to be consistent.

The assumption is that this new version is more of a player's instrument and meant to inspire as more "life-like" according to legacy conditions and gear. It definitely has more parameters than the old version, and also includes VKFX (originally marketed by Scarbee but developed by Overloud).

I personally go for clean when I do e-pianos, and generally need them to sit behind everything else in the mix but to cut through with accents and the like. For that, I have been finding UVI's Tines Anthology to be a godsend. Not sure if it is the "next generation" of MOTU's Electric Keys or not.

As this new version of Neo-Soul Keys Studio uses a proprietary engine, I'm not sure whether it is hybrid sampling/modeling or not, as I believe other standalone products from Gospel Musicians are. As such, this new version may belong more to the proud lineage of the Yamaha SY77/99 and EX5 than anything else. The sample sizes are about twice those of the UVI product, but way smaller than those of Soniccouture. So maybe some of the stuff like bark is modeled?

Anyway, this product is recommended with caveats as everyone's needs are different. If you're just coming in for the newly-added Clavinet, I would still recommend Soniccouture's, which is very extensive and covers the in-phase DB switch setting, which this product doesn't.

mikehalloran

PSP Reverbs on sale again

Post by mikehalloran »

Everytime I go to my PSP account, I kick myself for not picking up SpringBox when it was inexpensive a couple years back and wondering if they would ever put it on sale again. It's baaaaack and I'm not passing it up this time.

Dear user,

To celebrate the coming of Spring (our favorite season) we are presenting you with a special offer: for the next 7 days only, you can buy any of our reverb plug-ins at discounted prices:
PSP PianoVerb2 for $19* instead of $49*
PSP SpringBox for $29* instead of $99*
PSP EasyVerb for $29* instead of $69*
PSP 2445 EMT for 99* instead of 149*

As a registered user of our other effects plug-ins you can get our reverb plug-ins at an even better price (up to 53% additional discount). The discount rate depends on the quantity and specific plug-ins you already have. To see your final prices log-in to your user account. Beginning 22nd March 2017 regular prices will be applied. (* all prices exclude taxes).

Have a great and warm Spring!
PSP team
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I didn't take this plugin seriously when it came out. Seemed like a dumb gimmick. Later I saw the Groove3 videos on it and like you regretted not buying it earlier. Now I've got it. Thanks for the post.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8