Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Waves Abbey Road Plates

Post by mikehalloran »

bayswater wrote: (Not even sure my iMac will run 10.13)
It supposed to as will mine:

MacBook and iMac computers introduced in late 2009 are also compatible.

https://support.apple.com/macos/high-sierra

If you can run Sierra, OS 10.13 will install and run.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/06/06/ma ... ible-macs/

The new file system runs on SSDs only. HHDs and Fusion drives will not be updated to run it.

https://developer.apple.com/library/con ... Q/FAQ.html
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Re: Waves Abbey Road Plates

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:[ MacBook and iMac computers introduced in late 2009 are also compatible.
If you can run Sierra, OS 10.13 will install and run.
The new file system runs on SSDs only. HHDs and Fusion drives will not be updated to run it.

I put a SSD in my MBP, but not in my iMac. IRCC, you did the iMac.

I'm not sure whether its worth it in my case at this late date. I haven't added anything except 16G RAM, and I haven't even replaced the battery. I don't want to go through the effort and expense if the iMac is going to be obsolete soon for other reasons. Maybe time to just get a new system. I had hoped to keep using the iMac as a monitor, but I think you said that's not practical.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by mikehalloran »

The drive is fairly easy to replace, even for a one-armed guy like me. I know what has to be done (and most importantly, what you can skip).

The RAM has to come out, glass off (held by magnets) bezel off without disconnecting the microphone and flipped over. The screen screws come out and it is lifted on one side only. You then disconnect the microphone from the motherboard to lift it high enough so that you have room to work.

Tools needed: a magnetic torx 6 & 8, a bent paperclip and a suction cup or a bunch of guitar picks to remove the glass, a good glass cleaning solution and a micro-fiber cloth.

Parts: SSD of choice, Adapter bracket ($12–15) and the 2009-2010 temp sensor harness from OWC. You can get the correct sensor with the basic tools here and there are options without those tools for a little less.
https://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/DIYIMACHDD09/
same kit from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/OWC-Digital-Ther ... r+2010+owc

I like this bracket style. Amazon has similar for a couple $ less — it doesn't matter which.
https://eshop.macsales.com/item/NewerTech/ADPTADRV/
https://www.amazon.com/Fenlink-Internal ... er+Bracket

The CR2023 NV RAM battery, OTOH, is on the back of the motherboard of the 2009-2010. I found a local guy to do both installs for $75. That does require the screen and motherboard to come out. The connectors are just too small for me to deal with.

The heat reduction, reduced fan noise and increased speed were noticeable. It made a huge difference. Pulling that WD Black out was the best thing I could do to that machine.

The 2011 - on have the NV RAM battery on the front of the motherboard. It adds only 5 minutes to change it when replacing the drive.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by James Steele »

We really need to start a new topic for this. Something like 10 messages that have nothing to do with a Plug-In Deal. I'm guilty too. Please no more posts that aren't about a plug in on sale. Thanks!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
billf

New Eventide Plugin Free Until Oct 31st

Post by billf »

Eventide has a new EQ plugin that is free until Oct 31st.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/promo/equivocate
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
Tritonemusic

Re: New Eventide Plugin Free Until Oct 31st

Post by Tritonemusic »

billf wrote:Eventide has a new EQ plugin that is free until Oct 31st.

Wow, that looks pretty interesting. Thanks for the heads-up!
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Got it. I'm impressed so far, although it sits up pretty high in the Effects performance meter.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

billf wrote:Eventide has a new EQ plugin that is free until Oct 31st.

Love Eventide freebies! Thanks for the heads-up.

Normally, if you check your user account for updates, anything you got free will not be there. Not a problem because everything shows up on their download pages and you can update anything you have from there.
https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads

Hmmm... I just noticed that all of my Mac plugs were updated Aug.28 to v. 2.4. I guess I have some downloading to do.
Last edited by mikehalloran on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Thanks for the heads-up; I didn't receive an email about this freebie from Eventide nor did I see it mentioned on GS a few days ago when I tried to catch up on audio news.

I'll check my account this weekend -- I'm probably missing some plug-in updates also. Love their plugs and use them on vocals especially.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote:Got it. I'm impressed so far, although it sits up pretty high in the Effects performance meter.
Which really makes me love the new Effects Performance window. It takes the guesswork out of it!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
HCMarkus

SoundToys Sale 9/20-21 - All Proceeds Donated to Disaster Re

Post by HCMarkus »

Got the Eventide EQ... nice!

If you didn't pick up any of the SoundToys "Little" series plugins when they were initially release (as free), they are now all available for $10 each. I have been using Little Micro Shift as a Send effect for years with great results... a classic pitch shifted sound that fattens so smoothly. Little Alter Boy is very cool as well, although, unlike Little Micro Shift, I haven't added it to my template.

Just picked up the other three I didn't already own; especially nice because SoundToys is donating all proceeds from this sale to relief efforts.
Help us deploy military veterans and first responders to provide disaster relief to those affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. On September 20 & 21 – for two days only – we’re offering our “little” plug-ins for $10 each and donating 100% of proceeds for ALL sales to Team Rubicon USA.
Little AlterBoy $10 (reg $99)
“Prepare to worship Little AlterBoy.” – SonicScoop
“One of the most powerful tools out there for manipulating and making a vocal perfect. A necessary tool in any producer's arsenal.” – Magnetic Magazine

Little MicroShift $10 (reg $79)
“This little gem have become my go to Vocal widener. It just sounds great! With only a limited amount of buttons on the interface, I don't need to guess what to do, I just put it on a track, and it sounds awesome!” – Mitch Allan (Demi Lovato, Fifth Harmony, SATELLITE)

Little PrimalTap $10 (reg $79)
“Little PrimalTap is one of my favorite delays. It really gives a much better sense of depth than typical delay plugins, and if you automated the controls you can get some rad pitch bending effects." – Stuart White (Beyoncé, FUN, Jay-Z)

Little Radiator $10 (reg $79)
“More organic – and more substantial-sounding – than many saturator plugins on the market.” – SonicScoop

Devil-Loc $10 (reg $79) “Devil-Loc is the most fun, useful and inspiring audio destruction plugin I’ve come across since Decapitator came out. Totally addictive.” – Fabrice “Fab” Dupont (Jennifer Lopez, Santigold, Brazilian Girls, Sean Lennon)
billf

Izotope Stereo Imaging Plugin - Free

Post by billf »

I'm not sure how long this will be free, or how useful it will be. But it seems to be worth checking out.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mas ... mager.html
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
mikehalloran

Izotope Ozone Imager Free

Post by mikehalloran »

Ozone Imager

Ozone Imager is a FREE stereo imaging plug-in for your DAW or NLE. Born from Ozone’s legendary Imaging technology, Ozone Imager can narrow or widen your stereo image with simple controls, stunning visuals, and incredible sound.

Download it today and turn narrow, dull audio into a full, impactful track.

https://www.izotope.com/content/izotope ... mager.html

It installs two versions: Mono and Mono to Stereo. I have Ozone 7 Imager as part of 7 Advanced. This plug is probably redundant but I installed anyway. Someday, I'll get around to testing.
billf

Re: Izotope Ozone Imager Free

Post by billf »

mikehalloran wrote:Ozone Imager

Ozone Imager is a FREE stereo imaging plug-in for your DAW or NLE. Born from Ozone’s legendary Imaging technology, Ozone Imager can narrow or widen your stereo image with simple controls, stunning visuals, and incredible sound.

Download it today and turn narrow, dull audio into a full, impactful track.

https://www.izotope.com/content/izotope ... mager.html

It installs two versions: Mono and Mono to Stereo. I have Ozone 7 Imager as part of 7 Advanced. This plug is probably redundant but I installed anyway. Someday, I'll get around to testing.
I have 7 Advanced as well, so it does look to me that it is probably redundant. I guess it is part of some Facebook/Twitter contest marketing thing, which is completely lost on me since I do neither.

I downloaded it just in case there's something unique about it that isn't covered in the parent app.
mikehalloran

Re: Izotope Ozone Imager Free

Post by mikehalloran »

billf wrote: I have 7 Advanced as well, so it does look to me that it is probably redundant. I guess it is part of some Facebook/Twitter contest marketing thing, which is completely lost on me since I do neither.

I downloaded it just in case there's something unique about it that isn't covered in the parent app.
Same here.

I was sent a marketing email this morning. When I logged into my account, I was emailed a serial number and when I clicked on More Info, the ser# was sent again.

I guess they really want people to like this.