Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Give 'em the moot boot!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Here in Vancouver we put boots in our moots.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
kgdrum

Orange Tree Samples Group Buy!!!

Post by kgdrum »

Orange Tree is having a Group Buy,it's presently at 55% off and will probably go to 60% off.
These are great VI's,Greg Orange Tree's developer is one of the best scripters in the VI world, a real nice person and always accessible.
OT is also giving away a couple of free drum VI's to participants and has a contest for a free VI.

https://www.orangetreesamples.com/group-buy :woohoo: :dance: :dance: :woohoo:
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
bayswater

Re: Orange Tree Samples Group Buy!!!

Post by bayswater »

kgdrum wrote:Orange Tree is having a Group Buy,it's presently at 55% off and will probably go to 60% off.
These are great VI's,Greg Orange Tree's developer is one of the best scripters in the VI world, a real nice person and always accessible.
OT is also giving away a couple of free drum VI's to participants and has a contest for a free VI.

https://www.orangetreesamples.com/group-buy :woohoo: :dance: :dance: :woohoo:
Does anyone have experience with "Evolution Rick"? The demos and videos are impressive. And a lot cheaper than having Geddy Lee drop by. But I've bought plugins on that basis before and been disappointed -- they could do the stuff in the demo, but not much more.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mhschmieder

Re: Orange Tree group buy

Post by mhschmieder »

One of the ten best developers for sure; maybe even one of the three best. And they keep updating their products at no charge, which is quite rare.

Can't comment on the Rick as I bought it but haven't used it yet. But the entire Evolution series is magnificent. Even the Yamaha C7 piano (Rosewood Grand) which won by a long shot vs. the Impact Soundworks Pearl library when I started replacing my Yamaha YC5 parts last weekend (now #2 but still ahead of the others).

I find the Evolution products sound very realistic in terms of phrasing, have magnificent articulation and dynamics, a well-balanced timbre that cuts through the mix, and better miking than some products that have more fine-grained control over the balance of the mic channels provided.

Passion Flute is also unique, though I've phased it out recently in favour of spending COUNTLESS hours doing articulation splits in Vienna Symphonic Library. Very expressive and easy to use, but requires similar technique to the Sample Modeling products (e.g. expression or breath control).

The Angelic Harp is quite warm and pleasing. The other bass products (including Pear upright) are among the best as well. Really, there's not a bad "apple" in the bunch of "orange" products. :-)
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
cuttime

Re: Time Code Calculator

Post by cuttime »

828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by terrybritton »

Not sure how many of you NEED even more sampling libraries than you have now, but I just received this notice in my email from MAGIX about this month's sale on Independence Pro:
Do you want to celebrate Independence Day with a full orchestra and fanfare? Or maybe with synthesizers and electronic drum kits?

Experience true creative freedom in music production and get 50% off the Independence sampler – now with a 70 GB sound library!

Receive 3,000 patches for strings, percussion, saxophone, bass and much more at this unbeatable price!

Celebrate Independence Day and take advantage of this exclusive offer by July 11th, 2016.

Only $165 (instead of $330)
Independence Pro works with either Windows OR Mac.

http://www.magix-audio.com/?id=20330&L=52

http://www.magix-audio.com/us/independence/features/

http://www.magix-audio.com/us/independe ... fications/

EDIT - Remarkably, the original PDF listing all the sounds available in the 70 gigs of sounds is still online at the Yellowtools site (...stumbled across it at Gearslutz): http://www.yellowtools.us/cp21/cms/pdf/ ... ibrary.pdf

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
mikehalloran

IK BOGO, SampleTank 3 MAX bargain—New, not Upgrade

Post by mikehalloran »

OK, I bet most of us have received something about the IK BOGO (Buy One Get One). Select the product you are looking to buy, this tells you what you get for free.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/20bogo/inde ... ur_product
When you register your first license, a BOGO link shows up in your user account.

I have SampleTank 3 but have been looking at a few libraries in SampleTank Max and also at upgrading Miroslav to v.2. Either upgrade costs $299 with various reseller discounts available—hopefully your favorite will price match. Anyway, after buying one, I get the other "free" during the BOGO promotion. OK, it's time.

While looking around for the best deal, I spotted that GuitarCenter.com and Musicians Friend had SampleTank Max for $299—and it's not the upgrade. That's $50 less than SampleTank 3 without all the extra libraries.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/search?Ns=r&Ntt=sampletank
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search?t ... sampletank

Because it never hurts to ask, I checked the price for the upgrade and found it for -15% somewhere else. I called GC Online to see if they would price match ... and they did. So I pulled the trigger.

I checked the BOGO list and find that, because I bought a new license for SampleTank Max, I can get a new license for Miroslav 2 at no cost.

Bottom line: Because I have both, my cost is the same as upgrading. If, however, you don't have either (or only have an older/lesser version of one) there is a bargain to be had at GC/MF.

The BOGO runs through August 31 which means upgrade pricing will, also. The new price at GC/MF may or may not last that long.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
4leafplanet

Eventide H910

Post by 4leafplanet »

Anyone Have the Eventide H910 plug? its on sale till the endo the month for $83 at PluginDiscount ... & they don't mention its tested with DP.

I want to buy this but i am still on OS10.6 until the end of the year so i can't try the demo. But as a big fan of '75-'80 music i think i will go for the sale, to have it when i leave Snow Leopard. Eventide plug users?

cheers, 4Lp
DP7.24, MacbookPro7.1, (C2D, 2.4GHz, 1 Processor, 8GB Memory, Bus Speed 1.07, L2 Cache 3Mb,) SnowLeopard, FireFace 800, MCU, MidiSport4x4, LaCie d2 HDs using FW800, SitecomUSB2.0 powered hub, Casio Privia PX-310 electric piano.
4leafplanet

Re: Eventide H910

Post by 4leafplanet »

forgot to mention its native AU :)
DP7.24, MacbookPro7.1, (C2D, 2.4GHz, 1 Processor, 8GB Memory, Bus Speed 1.07, L2 Cache 3Mb,) SnowLeopard, FireFace 800, MCU, MidiSport4x4, LaCie d2 HDs using FW800, SitecomUSB2.0 powered hub, Casio Privia PX-310 electric piano.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

4leafplanet wrote:Anyone Have the Eventide H910 plug? its on sale till the endo the month for $83 at PluginDiscount ... & they don't mention its tested with DP.

I want to buy this but i am still on OS10.6 until the end of the year so i can't try the demo. But as a big fan of '75-'80 music i think i will go for the sale, to have it when i leave Snow Leopard. Eventide plug users?

cheers, 4Lp
I'm assuming you have an iLok, yes? If so, just go to the link below and sign up for a 30-day demo of the plug and make sure. Eventide writes pretty good code from my experience. I have a couple of their plugs and they run fine, so I would expect you'd be okay.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/plugin_de ... 0%20Native
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
4leafplanet

Post by 4leafplanet »

thanks James, i also neglected to say they only support it from 10.7 onwards... close but no cigar.

My 2010 MBP is dual is 64bit (& been getting by w/o 32Lives so far)... oh and i found a more extensive list at their site and it has in fact been tested also DP compatibility! I will inquire at Eventide if mebbe it could function in 10.6.8 64-bit.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

4leafplanet wrote:thanks James, i also neglected to say they only support it from 10.7 onwards... close but no cigar.

My 2010 MBP is dual is 64bit (& been getting by w/o 32Lives so far)... oh and i found a more extensive list at their site and it has in fact been tested also DP compatibility! I will inquire at Eventide if mebbe it could function in 10.6.8 64-bit.
A lot of plugs may only be "supported" on a later OS but will work okay on earlier versions. Again, couldn't hurt to try the demo anyway, although if Eventide can give you a definitive answer, perhaps that's the way to go. I'd probably still try it myself even if they said it won't. (I'm stubborn that way! LOL)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
yjoh
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by yjoh »

Plugin Boutique has Expand!2 on sale for $1. It's normally $99.
Lots of useful sounds (1.3 GB)
It does requires you to have an iLok account.

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1 ... 60-Xpand-2
mikehalloran

Re: Expand!2 for $1

Post by mikehalloran »

yjoh wrote:Plugin Boutique has Expand!2 on sale for $1. It's normally $99.
Lots of useful sounds (1.3 GB)
It does requires you to have an iLok account.

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1 ... 60-Xpand-2
Whoah! Frankly, I can't imagine any possible use for it. But I have a buck and ya never know when a new sound needs to be found, right?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro