Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Nomad Factory, Bus Driver

Post by mikehalloran »

...As all Nomad Factory products, Bus Driver is easy to use, has a beautiful GUI, has great colourful textures and at the end, it simply does what it advertises. We’ve even already updated the plug-in to version 1.0.3 with new features reflecting users request. We hope to have pleased everyone.
As of today and for a limited time, we are going to sell Bus Driver, at the no-brainer price of ONLY $4.99, which is the same ridiculous price as a can of your favourite soft drink. Please continue your support, we love that you’re enjoying these superb Nomad Factory products. We are working hard to provide hot new products that will expand the Nomad Factory catalogue and stimulate your musical creativity.
I don't believe that I received that email (correction, yes I did). Hmmm... In any case, nice to see that there have been incremental updates, a new feature and additions to the manual. Here's the change log:

Apr 13, 2016

Compressor detector mode
Minor GUI adjustments
Feb 3, 2016

Permissions for the License folder
AU validation issues on some MacOS systems
Jan 30, 2016

Permission issues with the License folder
Jan 28, 2016

manual corrections
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:Permissions for the License folder
Jan 30, 2016

Jan 28, 2016

manual corrections[/i]
Interesting. Weren't we all told recently that permissions are no longer, and have never been an issue? :shock:
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

bayswater wrote:
mikehalloran wrote:Permissions for the License folder
Jan 30, 2016

Jan 28, 2016

manual corrections[/i]
Interesting. Weren't we all told recently that permissions are no longer, and have never been an issue? :shock:
Insert predictable response from me here: ___________
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Michael Canavan

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by Michael Canavan »

Kirk Hunter has a 50% off sale going on right now.
I'm going to pick up Diamond Orchestra I think to finally get some OK woodwinds. At half off it's $125. Plus more Brass and Strings is never a bad thing.

I can't really load heavy Cinesamples libraries without CPU issues, Kirks Concert Strings II is noticably lighter on the CPU for sure. Looking forward to DP 9.1
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

JRR Shop are running a sale on East West stuff here:
https://www.jrrshop.com/computer-softwa ... ame&sale=1

Also a deeper discount but more limited selection here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?tag=skim0x44 ... 88A&page=1
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

From PSP:
This is just a friendly reminder. Until this Sunday (the 28th May 2016) you can buy PSP 2445 EMT at the special introductory price of $89* Starting from Monday the 29th regular price $149* will be applied. As a registered user of our other effects plug-ins you can get the PSP 2445 at an even better price (up to 55% additional discount). To see your final price for the PSP 2445: log into your user account, go to the store and put the PSP 2445 into your cart. (* all prices exclude taxes)
I got mine for $60. It's killer IMHO.
I demo'd it for 3 minutes or so and bought it.

http://pspaudioware.com/plugins/reverbs/psp_2445/
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
James Steele
Site Administrator

Eventide T Verb

Post by James Steele »

Well here's something I saw in my email. Eventide has a new reverb out and if it's up the standards of their plug-ins today it's likely pretty cool. There's a 30 day demo. It's $149 until May 31, then goes up to $249. Not "cheap" but might be worth a listen. I an avowed Drum VI and reverb slut, so I'm sorely tempted.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
dix

PhoenixVerb surround reverb

Post by dix »

Speaking of reverb. PhoenixVerb surround reverb is on sale for $118 instead of the regular $169 for a few more hours. It was recommended to me by a respected film mixer friend. It was created by a former Lexicon developer. I'm digging the demo. Super versatile and efficient CPU wise.

http://www.exponentialaudio.com/phoenixverb-surround
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
musicman691

Re: Eventide T Verb

Post by musicman691 »

James Steele wrote:Well here's something I saw in my email. Eventide has a new reverb out and if it's up the standards of their plug-ins today it's likely pretty cool. There's a 30 day demo. It's $149 until May 31, then goes up to $249. Not "cheap" but might be worth a listen. I an avowed Drum VI and reverb slut, so I'm sorely tempted.
That's the TVerb you're talking about - the one that was used on some Bowie material. I'd probably like it if it weren't so specialized.
mikehalloran

Eventide Precision Time Align $29 intro price

Post by mikehalloran »

There are times when DP's Nudge command (mine is set to the minimum) and Trim plugin aren't quite precise enough for me when trying to solve other studios' multi-mic phase issues. I will jump on this.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/promo/pta_promo

I won't use it much but, the first time I do, I will be very happy I spent the $29. I expect it to save hours the next time someone gives me a multi-mic'd upright bass, "Yea, it's almost right but… I dunno... can you fix that?"

Yes, I can.
bayswater

Re: Eventide Precision Time Align $29 intro price

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:There are times when DP's Nudge command (mine is set to the minimum) and Trim plugin aren't quite precise enough for me when trying to solve other studios' multi-mic phase issues. I will jump on this.

I won't use it much but, the first time I do, I will be very happy I spent the $29. I expect it to save hours the next time someone gives me a multi-mic'd upright bass, "Yea, it's almost right but… I dunno... can you fix that?"

Yes, I can.
Saw this, but assumed it does what the built in Precision Delay does. Is it different?
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

bayswater wrote:
mikehalloran wrote:There are times when DP's Nudge command (mine is set to the minimum) and Trim plugin aren't quite precise enough for me when trying to solve other studios' multi-mic phase issues. I will jump on this.

Yes, I can.
Saw this, but assumed it does what the built in Precision Delay does. Is it different?
Yes and no.

The best that I can get from DP's Precision Delay is 0.010 ms. The Eventide plugin gives you a much finer adjustment using the sample delay adjustment.

Yes, there's the Align function in Precision Delay (not found in Precision Time Align) but I want more manual control and it appears that Eventide has it for me.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Have you tried Apple AUDelay? You can enter delay in number of samples. I use it to align signal paths that go external to my Mac and back in with a measurable delay.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

bayswater wrote:Have you tried Apple AUDelay? You can enter delay in number of samples. I use it to align signal paths that go external to my Mac and back in with a measurable delay.
With this, you can fine tune the delay to 1/64th a sample. Watch the second video and see how much adjustment you get before the time delay meter moves .010 ms, the accuracy of Precision Delay.

How often do I need something this precise? Admittedly, rare. But, when I need it, I'll be glad to have paid $29 instead of $99.

Although the Eventide Anthology bundles that include this are available at AudioDeluxe, they aren't showing Eventide Precision Time Align as a stand-alone. I will give it a few days before I pull the trigger, just in case.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:]With this, you can fine tune the delay to 1/64th a sample. Watch the second video and see how much adjustment you get before the time delay meter moves .010 ms, the accuracy of Precision Delay.
That's a third of a microsecond! The sort of timing change you'd get from moving a mic a small fraction of an inch. Probably more than I'll ever need. The MOTU plugin would be able to move a track the distance of one sample at 96K.

Presumably there's a lot of resampling going on with this. Samples happen when they happen aside from jitter, so this is not just a matter of moving samples backwards and forwards on the time-line.