Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
kgdrum
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Slate SSD & Trigger Plugs

Post by kgdrum »

monkey man wrote:SSD4 arrived at the weekend.

The fact that my cousin used his details to be able to download the files meant that I too had to do so in order to grab one that he missed. Every attempt to go any further with the installation helped cement his details into the process. I don't want to have to use them down the track; I'd like to stick to my own, being a KISS, go-with-the-defaults kinda guy, so I eMailed support on Sunday for guidance as to how to reinitiate the process.

Still waiting to hear back from them. Fingers crossed.

Oh, and I saw no mention of iLock anywhere in the installation documentation. I didn't read the whole document 'though as my eyes glazed over about 3 pages into what (I'm guessing here) appeared to be 10 or 12 pages. Seems strange to me - cracked software generally involves punching a code into a field upon plug-instantiation, and that's it. I made the decision years ago to be patient, save my banana skins and try to make sensible (but minimal) purchases on a meagre budget; this sort of convoluted registration process, at least based upon what I've seen so far, seems as if it'd act as a deterrent to paying for these things. At the very least I expected to have to fill out a field or two or click a few check boxes for the iLock thing, and at most, well, not much more than that. This seems absurd. Here I am waiting for support's reply, knowing that even if this gets sorted easily, there's still a truckload of hoops to be jumped through yet...

Just sayin'. That's my "update" at any rate. I was very excited last week, but now, not so much.

Yo Monkey,
The auth process for SSD4 does not involve iLock, you submit the serial # to Slate to register SSD4,they send you an email notifying you that there's a licence code for SSD4 available in your account on the Slate website.
You then paste the code(check the settings page in SSD4)look for the blue tab that says: select authorization file, once you select & paste the file SSD4 is authorized. :woohoo:
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
BKK-OZ

Linplug run-out specials...

Post by BKK-OZ »

Linplug is discontinuing some of their plugins, so they are having a run-out sale, with selected plugins @ $19.99 (USD)

They promise to support these plugins for one more year.
Some pretty good deals here, if you can live with the obsolescence factor.
Linplug is (IMHO) an honorable company who makes some pretty good stuff.

Here is their message:

- - - - - - - - -
Bye bye older plugins

After 7 years RMV gets retired, Alpha 3 after more than 8 years, Organ 3 ran for almost 9 years, Octopus made it just below 10 years. relectro also gets retired. Time to say good bye. We wont sell these instruments anymore and will only support them for another year. However, if you have a DAW set up, they wont stop working at a specific date, so you can use them as long as you keep a working environment. At some point these instruments probably wont work in a (then) up to date environment, so be careful with any updates you make to your DAW computer.

Final sale: until End of October you have a last chance to buy any of these plugins at a much reduced price of 19.99 for each of them, any additional sound libraries for discontinued products at 9.99, links are below.

Have a good time and thank you for supporting us!
Peter and Pavol from LinPlug
- Ends 31.Oct 2015

- - - - - - - - -
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
mhschmieder

Re: Wavesfactory releases 'Suspended Cymbals' - 50% OFF intr

Post by mhschmieder »

This is a marvelous library, and truly unique due to the ways in which it was recorded, with all the flexibility of mics and articulations.

I checked my other sources to see if this would be redundant given that I own a few orchestral percussion libraries (including Vienna's). It turns out though that it isn't hyperbole when the vendor states this is a "first of its kind" (or something like that).

At the price, you can't argue.

I am a HUGE user of unusual percussion effects in my music, but even people who aren't, will surely find a use for Suspended Cymbal at some point.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

mhschmieder wrote:This is a marvelous library, and truly unique due to the ways in which it was recorded, with all the flexibility of mics and articulations.

I checked my other sources to see if this would be redundant given that I own a few orchestral percussion libraries (including Vienna's). It turns out though that it isn't hyperbole when the vendor states this is a "first of its kind" (or something like that).

I am a HUGE user of unusual percussion effects in my music, but even people who aren't, will surely find a use for Suspended Cymbal at some point.
Checking it out now. :)
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

mhschmieder wrote:This is a marvelous library, and truly unique due to the ways in which it was recorded, with all the flexibility of mics and articulations.

I bought it for the reverse cymbals capabilities alone. Hard to find that in my other libraries.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
monkey man

Re: Slate SSD & Trigger Plugs

Post by monkey man »

kgdrum wrote: Yo Monkey,
The auth process for SSD4 does not involve iLock, you submit the serial # to Slate to register SSD4,they send you an email notifying you that there's a licence code for SSD4 available in your account on the Slate website.
You then paste the code(check the settings page in SSD4)look for the blue tab that says: select authorization file, once you select & paste the file SSD4 is authorized. :woohoo:
Thank you for your concern, KG.

The problem is that it's my cousin's account - his eMail address and so on. I'd like it all to be in my name seeing as it's mine.

Still waiting to hear from support; it's been 9 days now...

EDIT: I've tried to take the initiative by setting up my own account but guess what? Here's what it says:

Please enter the email address you used to register your product.
Use the password that was sent to you when you registered.

Of course, these are my cousin's; I have the details, but don't want to risk going any further in case it complicates further the process of moving everything into an account in my name.

So, trying to register the plug cements it in his name, and trying to create an account in my name first in the hope that I might be able to place the plug reg into it, is impossible without first entering his details, not mine.

I'm SOOL either way, which is why I await some guidance from support...
Last edited by monkey man on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

toodamnhip wrote:

I bought it for the reverse cymbals capabilities alone. Hard to find that in my other libraries.

+1 Bought
Great cymbal sounds, a few users including myself are suggesting they do the same for
hi-hats as well as make it a little more eDrum friendly.
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
Tobor

CLA Vocals

Post by Tobor »

Looks like Waves (and Audiodeluxe) are having a sale on CLA Vocals for $29 today and tomorrow.

I noted with interest in the Amplidood thread that his latest take on 'Gotham' shows several instances of CLA Vocals, which would seem to indicate a stamp of approval.

This plug makes just about everything sound better. Highly recommended as a starting point for most vocals and many instruments like winds and horns.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
mikehalloran

NI Stem Creator –Free

Post by mikehalloran »

For those of us who don't get the newsletter. This might be useful to some, especially in live performance. Very easy to use. NI also plans to release a developer toolkit.

Start making Stems with the free Stem Creator: Out now
http://www.stems-music.com/stem-creator ... newsletter

There are some videos. One uses Ableton tracks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=5&v=G5xB-cJvkuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSQJYhj ... newsletter

DEVELOPER TOOLKIT*
If you develop software or hardware, you can make it Stems-compatible. The Stems specifications are open, so you can download all the necessary resources needed to integrate Stems into your project. Documentation and code is included for building your own command-line Stem Creator along with a DSP library for its mastering components.

*The Stems developer toolkit coming soon
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
monkey man

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by monkey man »

Re-sent eMail to Slate Digital support 10 days later. That was 5 days ago.

Still waiting... and receiving ads for other Slate products, which kinda grinds my gears a little...

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
mikehalloran

Izotope RX 5, RX 5 Advanced through 10/21/2015

Post by mikehalloran »

Izotope has released RX 5 and RX 5 Advanced. Good prices through 10/21

AudioDeluxe is even better with the coupon code AUGSAVE. My Advanced upgrade, normally $399 is $299 through 10/21. Through AudioDeluxe, it's $253.99.

I was going to skip this one. RX 4A is really good. Then I demo'd De-plosive, part of the stand-alone app, Advanced only (unfortunately).

De-plosive is able to intelligently identify plosives, and then separate and remove them from the audio signal, while preserving the fundamental frequency and harmonics of the dialogue.

I have an old track from a singer who is no longer with us. I have never been happy with it do to some really obnoxious 'plosives and have spend many hours in different audio editors over the years trying to get it right, never being pleased with the results.

I ran De-plosive on an old stereo mix just for grins. Holy cow! Izotope hit a home run with this. I made a couple tweaks, processed it and they were gone. The surrounding audio was hardly affected. I hit Undo, lessened the effect and ran it again – this time it sounded more natural. Time to look at the original vocal and re-mix – after I buy it, that is.

Damn, I hadn't budgeted for this but I gotta get me some and I don't want to wait till it costs $145 more. I haven't even updated to DP 9 yet due to some unexpected medical bills.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
billf

Re: Izotope RX 5, RX 5 Advanced through 10/21/2015

Post by billf »

mikehalloran wrote:Izotope has released RX 5 and RX 5 Advanced. Good prices through 10/21
The RX Suite is excellent, thanks for the heads up on the AudioDeluxe price Mike.

Also, Ozone 7 is going to be released in a few weeks.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
billf

Post by billf »

monkey man wrote:Re-sent eMail to Slate Digital support 10 days later. That was 5 days ago.

Still waiting... and receiving ads for other Slate products, which kinda grinds my gears a little...
Nicky, did you get this resolved?
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
mikehalloran

Re: Izotope RX 5, RX 5 Advanced through 10/21/2015

Post by mikehalloran »

billf wrote:
mikehalloran wrote:Izotope has released RX 5 and RX 5 Advanced. Good prices through 10/21
The RX Suite is excellent, thanks for the heads up on the AudioDeluxe price Mike.

Also, Ozone 7 is going to be released in a few weeks.
I know. How about a combined upgrade price for those of us who own both RX and Ozone — in my case, the Advanced versions?

Frankly, I'm not seeing anything in Ozone 7 that I need unless they've tamed the latency issues that have bothered many using 6. I have enough "vintage" style plugs to sink a boat. Heck, I'm still using the reverbs in Oz 5.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

I just upgraded to RX 5. I was still on version 1. Sweet! (not suite).

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.