ProDrummer is released

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: ProDrummer is released

Post by James Steele »

This looks interesting! Checking it out. I was reviewing the tech requirements and if I might make a suggestion/request, could you update "Performer" to "Digital Performer"? Performer doesn't exist anymore. It's been Digital Performer for almost two decades I believe. Also, I will move this topic to the main DP forum. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
EastWest Lurker

Post by EastWest Lurker »

James Steele wrote:This looks interesting! Checking it out. I was reviewing the tech requirements and if I might make a suggestion/request, could you update "Performer" to "Digital Performer"? Performer doesn't exist anymore. It's been Digital Performer for almost two decades I believe. Also, I will move this topic to the main DP forum. :)
i will pass that on, James.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

EastWest Lurker wrote:
James Steele wrote:This looks interesting! Checking it out. I was reviewing the tech requirements and if I might make a suggestion/request, could you update "Performer" to "Digital Performer"? Performer doesn't exist anymore. It's been Digital Performer for almost two decades I believe. Also, I will move this topic to the main DP forum. :)
Not sure I understand. I guess I assumed that you were with East West. Am I mistaken? Otherwise, why would a company not wish to refer to a DAW by its proper name in the tech specs for one of its products? Confused.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
EastWest Lurker

James Steele wrote:
EastWest Lurker wrote:
Not sure I understand. I guess I assumed that you were with East West. Am I mistaken? Otherwise, why would a company not wish to refer to a DAW by its proper name in the tech specs for one of its products? Confused.

I am but I don't have the ability to change that, above my pay grade. But i DID pass it on and if you look now you will see it has been changed.
billf

Post by billf »

This definitely looks interesting. Also, thank you for offering a hard disk option. Some of us are stuck with slow network providers, and appreciate having that choice for large libraries. :D
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

EastWest Lurker wrote:I am but I don't have the ability to change that, above my pay grade. But i DID pass it on and if you look now you will see it has been changed.
Thanks so much! I just wasn't sure what you meant in your response. That's very cool! Thank you! :)

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

James Steele wrote:
EastWest Lurker wrote:
Oh my GOSH!!! I'm so embarrassed. I have to apologize to you. I was tired and reading it on my phone when I saw your initial response AND I must be suffering latent dyslexia! Somehow I read what you wrote as "I'll pass on that" instead of "I'll pass that on"!!! YIKES!! Geez... sorry about that! I get the dunce award! :oops: :oops: :oops:

EastWest Lurker

No worries. James, been there, done that.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Thanks! Looking forward to when you guys post the demos online too.

Tesionman

Post by Tesionman »

James Steele wrote: Oh my GOSH!!! I'm so embarrassed. I have to apologize to you. I was tired and reading it on my phone when I saw your initial response AND I must be suffering latent dyslexia! Somehow I read what you wrote as "I'll pass on that" instead of "I'll pass that on"!!! YIKES!! Geez... sorry about that! I get the dunce award! :oops: :oops: :oops:

haha.. I also read it that way at first James.. You are not alone! 8)

Anyway, still, regarding ProDrummer(and others), nothing beats the real thing. :mrgreen:

cheers
Get Real Live Drum Tracks @ http://www.hugoribeiro.com

Macbook Pro | DP 10.13 | Motu 8Pre (x2) | Apogee Duet 2
Sonor Drums | Sabian Cymbals | Remo Drumheads | Vater Drumsticks
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

LOL

He's so self-deprecating, but you know, in my experience James doesn't miss much.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Basstrup

Post by Basstrup »

What is the difference in this from the ProDrummer released at NAMM 2008? I can't find the info anywhere.
Analog is great... We got both WOW and Flutter - what's your bias?
MOTU: DP9 - 2 x MachV - 2 x MX4 - 2 x 1296 - 2 x 896HD - 1 x UltraLite AVB - 1 x MOTU Monitor 8 - 1 x 24i - 3 x MTP AV | UA Apollo Quad | UA Arrow | SSL 2+ || Digi 002Rack | Mackie control + expanders | UAD-2 PCIe card | 2 x Mac Pro | Mac Mini Late 2018 | OS X 10.14.6