Pop-editing a Soundbite

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
frankf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Pop-editing a Soundbite

Post by frankf »

I use a DP clipping to store alias to DP docs, audio interface, VI, other manuals, web sites for vendors, text or rich text files of useful Motunation posts, project notes, almost anything.

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Pop-editing a Soundbite

Post by bayswater »

Tritonemusic wrote:I could make a selection, and it automatically would sound the selection for me.
Right, this is a very useful feature. When you have a screen full of imported soundbites, a quick double click and a mouse swipe of a section of the newly whitened audio, plays just the selection through the audition channel without any effects. I use it constantly, but can't figure out why it's called pop-editing.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8