Display more vertical grid lines in MIDI window...

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
jrhans
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Display more vertical grid lines in MIDI window...

Post by jrhans »

Seems like this should be available, but I find nothing… When you choose a particular "snap-to" level for the MIDI note editor window, you see vertical grid lines corresponding to that division (i.e. quater-note, eighth-note, etc) If you uncheck snap-to for the window, these lines disappear, leaving you with only the measure lines. Is there any way to get those vertical beat lines to appear when not using snap-to? They would be so handy when scooting notes around!! I realize you can watch your horizontal note placement as shadowed on the timeline at the top of the window, but boy those grid lines would be spiffy. (One would say even a pretty basic feature.) Am I missing something? Thanks for any help.
bayswater

Re: Display more vertical grid lines in MIDI window...

Post by bayswater »

Leave the grid on and hold the Command key down when scooting notes.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
jrhans

Re: Display more vertical grid lines in MIDI window...

Post by jrhans »

wow.. thanks so much!! years of frustration, and I knew there had to be a simple solution that I was just missing. Not the first (or last) time I've felt really dumb :wink:

Thanks for your reply! On to editing...