How to assign multiple tracks to the same output?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Robert Randolph
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How to assign multiple tracks to the same output?

Post by Robert Randolph »

I'm seriously kicking myself for not remembering this since I've done it many times before. I've searched the forum, scoured the manual, and lost about 2 hours trying to figure it out.

How do I set a selection of tracks to the same output?

(too much time in another daw where simply selecting the tracks and setting the output of one is what does it).
billf

Re: How to assign multiple tracks to the same output?

Post by billf »

I have not had to do this in a long while, but try Option-A and see if that works.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
Robert Randolph

billf wrote:I have not had to do this in a long while, but try Option-A and see if that works.
That works great! Thank you very much.

I didn't even think of anything similar to 'Audio Assignment' to search for. :rtfmmad:

Off hand, would you (or any one else) know if it's possible to do 'New Aux track via New Bundle' to multiple tracks at the same time? Or to create an aux track and route multiple tracks there in one swift move?
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Robert Randolph wrote:Off hand, would you (or any one else) know if it's possible to do 'New Aux track via New Bundle' to multiple tracks at the same time? Or to create an aux track and route multiple tracks there in one swift move?
Nothing like that right now. DP9 will vastly expand the track creation options, in a single dialog, so we'll have to wait and see if this is one of the options. It should be out soon. Or sometime before 2016. Unless it's 2017.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Robert Randolph

It'd be really nice if the W and T keys worked on the output assignment like they do for other things. That really sent me for a loop at first, since I thought that worked. :oops:
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Robert Randolph wrote:It'd be really nice if the W and T keys worked on the output assignment like they do for other things. That really sent me for a loop at first, since I thought that worked. :oops:
I've used DP a long, long time, and I thought that worked, too, up until a year or two ago. In fact, I just now felt compelled to go study the group customization dialog again to see if I was just missing something. Nope. It's not there.

Soon we'll have some help in this area. I look forward to seeing what choices they make in their wizard scripting.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|