Drum Editor workaround in DP8? [RESOLVED]

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Do we still need the Drum Editor workaround in DP8?

Post by FMiguelez »

I just want to report success :)

After my initial tests came out fine, I spent hours doing my drum kits in DP.
They work great, so you guys were correct> One needs to create a MIDI device, and then save the kits.

I did this from my main template, so my new kits are always readily available. I haven't tried to see if one can load them from another project, but I don't care because I always start from my template.

Now I know what all those tiny little bars are! No more wasting time figuring out which note is which sound... Yaaaaaaaay!!!!! I'm so happy! This used to be a total time waster and a workflow annoyance.

So now, all I need is to familiarise myself with the Drum Editor, because I've never used it. This current project should get me accustomed to it quite quickly. So far I'm really digging it.

Thank you all who participated!

DP... What a FREAKING AWESOME DAW it is :unicorn: :unicorn: :unicorn: :unicorn: :unicorn:
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
dewdman42
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Drum Editor workaround in DP8? [RESOLVED]

Post by dewdman42 »

You can load MIDI device groups from another project, but it will load ALL MIDI device groups, FYI, unless I'm missing something
5,1 MacPro 3.46ghz x 12 cores,96gb, Monterey (OpenCore), Lynx AES16e-50+X32