Plugin issues on Bounce to Disk…

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Plugin issues on Bounce to Disk…

Post by Rick Cornish »

Hi.........
Just installed Wavesfactory TrackSpacer today (http://www.wavesfactory.com/trackspacer.php). Great plug in many ways… beats the heck out of traditional side-chaining.

Mostly works fine with DP 8.07, except that virtual instrument tracks that I have this plug inserted on will not print on a "Bounce to Disk". The tracks play back OK in real time but emit no sound on a bounce. Removing TrackSpacer from those VI tracks or Freezing those VI tracks fixes the problem. Curiously, audio tracks seem to pass through the plug just fine on bounces… only VIs are a problem.

Though I strongly suspect the issue is with Wavesfactory's software (there are reported issues with Cubase, Logic and Final Cut as well), please advise if you have any thoughts on a fix or work-around, or if you've seen this on other plugs.

Many thanks.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Plugin issues on Bounce to Disk…

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Just a shot in the dark but is it running in real-time or pre-gen mode?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Hi MLC…
It's running real time. (And what is "pre-gen mode"?)
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
MIDI Life Crisis

Search the manual.... OK, I'll do it for you <sigh> pp843
This is the default behavior. Plug-ins will prerender when possible, which includes the following case: the plug-in window is closed and MIDI tracks assigned to virtual instruments are not recordenabled.
:rtfm:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

OK—thanks. Never would've found it in the index (not there) and guess I assumed "pre-gen" was some sort of abbreviation for something or required the secret MOTU handshake to decode. Who knew? (At least I didn't, but now I do, thanks to you.)

My MOTU Techlink on this was just answered. They downloaded the demo for this plug and duplicated my problem. They suggested bussing VIs to an aux and putting the plug there. I will try that. Otherwise, Freezing works, so there are certainly work-arounds.

Thanks again, oh wise one.
Rick Cornish

MIDI Life Crisis

Rick Cornish wrote:...or required the secret MOTU handshake to decode.

You're welcome, but wise doesn't really describe me. LOL. Troll-like is the usual description. As far as the secret MOTU handshake, I could tell you what it is, but then you'd have to use Pro Tools... :rofl:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

:lol:
Rick Cornish

musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
Rick Cornish wrote:...or required the secret MOTU handshake to decode.

You're welcome, but wise doesn't really describe me. LOL. Troll-like is the usual description. As far as the secret MOTU handshake, I could tell you what it is, but then you'd have to use Pro Tools... :rofl:
I resemble that remark :lol:
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Developer has already sent me a new build. Will try it tomorrow.
Rick Cornish

Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Update, for those playing along at home:

Got a new build from the developer that fixed the problem. Wish all developers were this responsive. Great plug. Highly recommended.
Rick Cornish

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Good news! Kudos to them for the quick fix!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!