Yosemite & Komplete Kontrol conflict w/ Avid Core Audio plug

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
waxman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Yosemite & Komplete Kontrol conflict w/ Avid Core Audio plug

Post by waxman »

After updating to Yosemite DP 8 projects would not open due to Komplete Kontrol having a conflict with Avid Core Audio Plugin. The other fixes on the net were not working. This did it...

"In order to solve this issue please follow this steps:

- Macintosh HD ▸ Library ▸ Audio ▸ Plug-Ins ▸ HAL

- drag the „Avid CoreAudio.plugin“ outside of this folder

- type in admin password when prompted

- after successfully deleting the file this way please restart the computer
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
David Polich
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Yosemite & Komplete Kontrol conflict w/ Avid Core Audio

Post by David Polich »

Thanks for this. This is one of those "who knew" situations. I'm sure folks who have both
PT and DP on their systems will appreciate it.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
musicman691

Re: Yosemite & Komplete Kontrol conflict w/ Avid Core Audio

Post by musicman691 »

David Polich wrote:Thanks for this. This is one of those "who knew" situations. I'm sure folks who have both
PT and DP on their systems will appreciate it.
This is a well known issue and has been since late October of last year. The issue is with any so-called hardware dependent NI software like Guitar Rig 5, Komplete Kontroller and Maschine that also runs any version of Yosemite. Huge conflict with the Avid CoreAudio driver. Supposedly Avid and NI are working on this but there's been nothing released to the public other than to move CoreAudio like mentioned in the original post.

I have ProTools, DP and NI software on my machine and dropped Yosemite because of this (not to mention Yosemite was real flaky). Luckily I can multi-boot with my choice of OSX 10.8.5 and OSX 10.9.5.

Sad to say that with Avid coming out with PT12 it doesn't look like there's going to be any fixes coming soon from Avid on this. Avid and NI have gone silent on this.

PS: You don't need to have an NI hardware to have the issue; even just having something like Guitar Rig 5 on an insert in a session/project will cause issues.