transport commands do not work

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Avokato

transport commands do not work

Post by Avokato »

Hello,
I a cannot get the transport functions to work correctly. When I hit the space bar or play button, DP only moves in increments. DP starts to play or stop only if I hit the area of transport bar that indicates the in an out points are.

I also made sure that my e.g. auto stop, rewind, memory cycle) are turned off. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it.

I am using DP 8 with OS 10.10.2. Thank you, avokato
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: transport commands do not work

Post by Shooshie »

Sorry, the description just doesn't give us enough information. As described, it's not something I've seen, however I'm not sure that words you may have left out are insignificant enough to ignore.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

you may have accidentally enabled external sync.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Avokato

Post by Avokato »

Shooshie wrote:Sorry, the description just doesn't give us enough information. As described, it's not something I've seen, however I'm not sure that words you may have left out are insignificant enough to ignore.

Shooshie
Hello,
Thank you for the reply. I am sending a screencast of what is happening. I also made sure that the external sync was not enabled. DP also starts to play when clicking on the menus (e.g.g file, edit). This is seen in the screencast. Thanks again.
http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cofufJfnA4

PS the caption on the screen (e.g. microphone is one) is from the screencast software I am using. DP does the same thing regardless if the software is on or off.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

That is really weird and annoying!

Hmmmm. That's not a bug I've seen before. Have you double checked the various settings at the bottom of the SETUP MENU (audio system, configure audio system, etc.)?

Might be that there's a wonky DP preference that needs to be trashed. I got nothing.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

First of all, I really don't have any idea what this might be. The ultimate fix may be just to re-install DP. However, I notice that you have Better Touch Tool. Are you using an Apple Magic Trackpad? Magic Mouse?

If so, could it be possible that you have some click programmed either globally or locally in DP that was intended to do other things, but which may actually send a Spacebar or Enter to the app?

Other guesses all focus on outside possibilities: utilities that program a mouse-click or key translation, or which play macros that do similar things.

The only other possibilities that I can think of are: a need to reinstall DP and/or all the MIDI and Audio Drivers, or delete preferences.

Does it do the same thing in any file?

Please do keep us informed of anything you learn about this situation.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Avokato

Post by Avokato »

Shooshie wrote:First of all, I really don't have any idea what this might be. The ultimate fix may be just to re-install DP. However, I notice that you have Better Touch Tool. Are you using an Apple Magic Trackpad? Magic Mouse?

If so, could it be possible that you have some click programmed either globally or locally in DP that was intended to do other things, but which may actually send a Spacebar or Enter to the app?

Other guesses all focus on outside possibilities: utilities that program a mouse-click or key translation, or which play macros that do similar things.

The only other possibility that I can think of is a need to reinstall DP and/or all the MIDI and Audio Drivers.

Please do keep us informed of anything you learn about this situation.

Shooshie
Hello,
I ended up downloading 8.07 and the problem is now fixed. I guess it is the only version that supports Yosemite. Thank you everyone in the forum for the support.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Avokato wrote: Hello,
I ended up downloading 8.07 and the problem is now fixed. I guess it is the only version that supports Yosemite. Thank you everyone in the forum for the support.
That's kind of what it sounded like to me: installation error. I wanted to cover the bases before I suggested that, but really that's what I figured would end up fixing it, because people who have odd problems like that usually DO get relief when they install DP again.

Glad you found it!

Shooshie