change highlight color in MIDI event list?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
musicman691

change highlight color in MIDI event list?

Post by musicman691 »

I know there's a whole bunch of ways to customize the colors used in different areas in DP. What I have a question about is I don't seem to see a way to do it is can the highlight color of a selected line in the MIDI event list be changed to something lighter? I've pretty much gone through the different stock themes and the color schemes and they don't seem to be able to change that highlight color. I'd like something a good bit lighter as on a glossy screen like on my iMac that dark bluish makes it difficult to see what's highlighted. Age does have it's disadvantages at times :mrgreen:
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: change highlight color in MIDI event list?

Post by bayswater »

I think you want Selection Colour in the Themes preferences. You can set the selection colour to the 1) OS X system default, 2) the selection colour for the theme, or 3) any other colour. That's the colour that will be used in the Lists for a selected event.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

bayswater wrote:I think you want Selection Colour in the Themes preferences. You can set the selection colour to the 1) OS X system default, 2) the selection colour for the theme, or 3) any other colour. That's the colour that will be used in the Lists for a selected event.
Thanks for the info. If I pick a color for this will that change if I change the theme? I would think that it would.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Does the OS X general selection color play any part in that? I just don't remember.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Shooshie wrote:Does the OS X general selection color play any part in that? I just don't remember.
Yes, if you select the system highlight colour in preferences. That's what I use.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

musicman691 wrote:
bayswater wrote:I think you want Selection Colour in the Themes preferences. You can set the selection colour to the 1) OS X system default, 2) the selection colour for the theme, or 3) any other colour. That's the colour that will be used in the Lists for a selected event.
Thanks for the info. If I pick a color for this will that change if I change the theme? I would think that it would.
Well you could just try it. I use the system colour and that doesn't change across themes because its supplied by the OS X System preferences.