Can I change the speed of Fast Rewind?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Musicmind
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Can I change the speed of Fast Rewind?

Post by Musicmind »

Hi
I would like to change the speed of the Fast Rewind function, so it gets faster.
Is that possible?
Mac Studio Max 64 gb, PC server 64 gb, MacPro 12 core 48 gb.
DP 11, Pro Tools 11, Logic 10, Cubase 11, Studio One 5... Waves9, All NI, All VSL, LASS 2, Brodway Big Band, UA I & II, Altiverb 7, Arturia Synths, BFD3, Sound Toys, All Toontrack, Ozone, Melodyne, Spectrasonics, UHE.....AND a Steinway Concert Grand model A.
Tim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Can I change the speed of Fast Rewind?

Post by Tim »

If you change the key command for Fast Reverse (4) to Go To Previous Measure, it'll move faster. Also, it won't fire MIDI notes, which I like.
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

Tim wrote:If you change the key command for Fast Reverse (4) to Go To Previous Measure, it'll move faster. Also, it won't fire MIDI notes, which I like.
Tim The Tip-Man strikes again. Brilliant.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Yea, I prefer cueing back by 1 bar increments, I can tap back 4 bars, hit play. Easy.

I also use the Decimal on the number-pad, then type in the bar number, then ENTER (on the number pad). That's pretty quick, too.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Musicmind

Post by Musicmind »

Okay!
I programmed SHIFT+4 to "go to previous measure" and SHIFT++ to go to next. Nice!
Thanks!
Mac Studio Max 64 gb, PC server 64 gb, MacPro 12 core 48 gb.
DP 11, Pro Tools 11, Logic 10, Cubase 11, Studio One 5... Waves9, All NI, All VSL, LASS 2, Brodway Big Band, UA I & II, Altiverb 7, Arturia Synths, BFD3, Sound Toys, All Toontrack, Ozone, Melodyne, Spectrasonics, UHE.....AND a Steinway Concert Grand model A.
JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

I wish you could change the speed of this too.

I tried in OSX preferences to speed up key-repeat, and also a couple of third-party add-ons that can do this, but with no luck.

I love the measure-forward measure-rewind thing, but I am with you, I wish I could get it to go faster when you hold your finger down.
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

I changed my numeric keypad transport controls:

4 Go to previous measure
5 Fast Rewind
6 Fast Forward
+ Go to next measure

:dance:
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Tim wrote:If you change the key command for Fast Reverse (4) to Go To Previous Measure, it'll move faster. Also, it won't fire MIDI notes, which I like.
Two novels in one day. Incredible.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

monkey man wrote:
Two novels in one day. Incredible.
I couldn't read it all in one day. Had to take a break between sentences to let my mind rest.
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

philbrown wrote:I changed my numeric keypad transport controls:

4 Go to previous measure
5 Fast Rewind
6 Fast Forward
+ Go to next measure

:dance:
I'm so glad for this thread! I'm using '4 Go to previous measure' and '+ Go to next measure' many times a day now. Easy to remember too. Always something new to learn.