Wavesfactory TrackSpacer

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Wavesfactory TrackSpacer

Post by Rick Cornish »

Hi........
Has anyone tried Wavesfactory TrackSpacer 2.x with DP 8.07?

I'm very interested in this plug, but wary because of reported problems with Cakewalk, Logic and FC Pro.

Please let me know if you have any experience with this plug-in.

Thanks!
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
HCMarkus

Re: Wavesfactory TrackSpacer

Post by HCMarkus »

Looks like a great idea, but I haven't tried it.
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
sonus

Post by sonus »

Works fine here in DP 8.07. Great plugin !
MacPro 5.1 2x3.46 twelve core, 64Gig, OSX 10.15, Mac Studio Max 32Gig, DP11.13, RME HDSPe FX, Softube Console 1 & Fader, UAD-2 quad, Soundtoys v5, UVI Falcon 3.0, GForce Mellotron & String Machine , Waves Rennaissance...
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Thanks, Sonus. Glad to hear both that it works fine in DP 8.07 AND that it's as good a tool as I think it will be. Ordering now!
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
RROY

Post by RROY »

I downloaded the demo for Track Spacer but could not get the install to work. Downloaded it a second time, still no go. Anyone else get the demo to work?
Mac Pro 2x2.4 quad core /24 gb ram/OS 10.13.6, Dp 10.13, MTP AV, /UAD 2, KOMPLETE 12, Stylus RMX, SD 3.0, EZ Drummer 3, A&H ZED R 16.
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

FWIW, I just installed the paid version, and it's working great. Not sure if the below will help you get the demo version working, but perhaps it will offer a clue.

FYI: Installation was a little different from what's described on the website:
• They say you'll get 2 e-mails, but you get only one
• Click on the download link, unpack the RAR and launch the usual installer, which puts both 32 and 64-bit versions in your library/audio/plug-ins/components folder. I deleted the 32-bit version with no ill effects
• When you launch DP, it inspects it and passes as usual with new plugs
• When you first instantiate TrackSpacer, it asks for the serial number (included in the e-mail you receive), which must be entered manually, not copied-and-pasted
• Then you need to quit and re-launch DP before it will work

I will use this a lot, especially for side-chaining bass to kik drum. Very transparent compared to traditional side-chaining.
Rick Cornish

Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

OK.....great plug-in in some ways, but it looks like there's a bug. I started a separate thread, since this seems to warrant a new topic.
Rick Cornish

monkey man

Post by monkey man »

This bums me out somewhat.

I thought of this when I first encountered plug-ins on OS9 around 1999; I'd learned that the hearing system "separates" everything into 31 frequency "channels" or busses during one of my AE diplomas 10 to 15 years before that (I can't remember which one - either '87 or '90s). It seemed a no-brainer to automatically constrain instruments to their most effective bandwidths for any given project with a plug-in.

This keeps happening to me. Fold-up surfboard? I thought of it 15 years prior to some young punk who took it to market.

I'll bet this has happened to many Unicorns, being the creative bunch we are...

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

IMHO, this is a great plug. Will never sidechain without it.

Had an issue with it not working on Bounce to Disc... Developer responded in 2 days with a new build.
Rick Cornish

daveyboy

Post by daveyboy »

2021: Just starting using this in Logic (works as expected). In DP 10 and 11 it seems I'm limited in terms of what I can use as the side chain source. I want to use a mono lead vocal as the side chain input. I have zero audio tracks as options for side chain inputs, only busses. So, I have to send a signal to a bus that doesn't have an output to be able to use this as I'd like. Is this just me?
Dave
www.dbwproductions.com
10 core IMac w/128 gbs ram, DP11, Logic10x and PT 12, 4 room commercial studio (tuned by Bob Hodas) great for producers and composers!
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

daveyboy wrote:2021: Just starting using this in Logic (works as expected). In DP 10 and 11 it seems I'm limited in terms of what I can use as the side chain source. I want to use a mono lead vocal as the side chain input. I have zero audio tracks as options for side chain inputs, only busses. So, I have to send a signal to a bus that doesn't have an output to be able to use this as I'd like. Is this just me?
Setting up a side chain in DP is easy. Just use the bundles window to assign a send and even give it a name. Using a send is better than linking to a track would be, because you can control the level of the send independently of the track level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rick Cornish

daveyboy

Post by daveyboy »

Rick Cornish wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:01 am
daveyboy wrote:2021: Just starting using this in Logic (works as expected). In DP 10 and 11 it seems I'm limited in terms of what I can use as the side chain source. I want to use a mono lead vocal as the side chain input. I have zero audio tracks as options for side chain inputs, only busses. So, I have to send a signal to a bus that doesn't have an output to be able to use this as I'd like. Is this just me?
Setting up a side chain in DP is easy. Just use the bundles window to assign a send and even give it a name. Using a send is better than linking to a track would be, because you can control the level of the send independently of the track level.

Thanks Rick and yes, that’s what I’ve been doing:-) I’m not on DP much these days. Is this true for all plugins that have a side chain input (I guess I can test this myself)? Just curious.
Dave
www.dbwproductions.com
10 core IMac w/128 gbs ram, DP11, Logic10x and PT 12, 4 room commercial studio (tuned by Bob Hodas) great for producers and composers!
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

daveyboy wrote:
Rick Cornish wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:01 am

Thanks Rick and yes, that’s what I’ve been doing:-) I’m not on DP much these days. Is this true for all plugins that have a side chain input (I guess I can test this myself)? Just curious.
Yep… that’s how ya’ do it.

Rick Cornish

dix

Post by dix »

It would be cool if any plugin in DP could be side-chainable, but I've been told that functionality needs to be part of the individual plugin's spec. I'm curious if other DAWs allow side-chaining globally. It'd be nice to be able to deliver stems that have the same vibey, say, compression-pumping that the stereo mix (with a master-bus compressor) has.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com