Assign output to multiple MIDI tracks

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Musicmind
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Assign output to multiple MIDI tracks

Post by Musicmind »

Hi
I think I saw somewhere that there was a shortcut for assigning output to multiple MIDI tracks in one go.
I create 16 MIDI-tracks and want to set the output to an instant of VEPro on my remote Pc.
The output destination colon says "VSL Percussion: 01-01" and it would be nice to just select all the 16 MIDI tracks and select the output for the first and have DP8 to select the following accordingly.
Is that possible?
Mac Studio Max 64 gb, PC server 64 gb, MacPro 12 core 48 gb.
DP 11, Pro Tools 11, Logic 10, Cubase 11, Studio One 5... Waves9, All NI, All VSL, LASS 2, Brodway Big Band, UA I & II, Altiverb 7, Arturia Synths, BFD3, Sound Toys, All Toontrack, Ozone, Melodyne, Spectrasonics, UHE.....AND a Steinway Concert Grand model A.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Assign output to multiple MIDI tracks

Post by stubbsonic »

Here are some of the short-cuts for changing output assignments for MIDI tracks. You can do things much more quickly with these than if you are menu diving....

1. Select a MIDI track(s)
2. SHIFT-UP/DOWN ARROW to change output device/VI
3. OPT-UP/DOWN ARROW to change output channel
4. SHIFT-OPT-UP/DOWN ARROW to move selection to next track

Notice that you can select a group of tracks and change the device/VI and it will retain the channel setting. If you change the MIDI channel of multiple tracks it will nudge each channel setting up/down one-at-a-time
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Musicmind
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Assign output to multiple MIDI tracks

Post by Musicmind »

Hi
Thanks a lot I will give it a try! :D
Mac Studio Max 64 gb, PC server 64 gb, MacPro 12 core 48 gb.
DP 11, Pro Tools 11, Logic 10, Cubase 11, Studio One 5... Waves9, All NI, All VSL, LASS 2, Brodway Big Band, UA I & II, Altiverb 7, Arturia Synths, BFD3, Sound Toys, All Toontrack, Ozone, Melodyne, Spectrasonics, UHE.....AND a Steinway Concert Grand model A.