Catch previous MIDI events in playback

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
NYFC
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Catch previous MIDI events in playback

Post by NYFC »

stubbsonic wrote:I'll add that these key switch notes are best on a separate track. They can make a mess of Quickscribe or other notation app.
I have a couple of buttons on my iPad Lemur template for DP that are programmed to take care of this. One moves releases to nearest attack, and the other changes the keyswitch notes to playback only in Quickscribe. I just select the keyswitch notes, hit the two buttons and I can chase articulations and keep the notation clean.
iMac 5k 4.0ghz 32gigs
3 Mac mini slaves
VSL,EastWest Hollywood, LASS, etc.
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Shooshie »

frankf wrote: I'll add that these key switch notes are best on a separate track. They can make a mess of Quickscribe or other notation app.
I agree. I've always used extra tracks when there is anything organizationally to be gained by it. Keyswitches are prime candidates for extra tracks. Editing them in the MIDI Editor (rather than the Sequence Editor) makes it like one track. There is no technical loss in splitting tracks, and everything to gain.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by monkey man »

stubbsonic wrote:
Monkey Nuts wrote:...might I suggest you invest in a MonkeyLabs HairSplitter Pro™?. It operates just like a sausage machine - hair in one end, split hairs out of the other. Takes the angst out of the process. It's not on the market yet, but is scheduled for announcement in the MLI Product Update Q3 2015.
You could ship me a beta unit. If there's a bug in it, even a "kind of" bug, I'd find it and elaborate unnecessarily about it.
Ha ha ha! Too funny, Stubbsy. You're referring, of course, to a BetaBug.
stubbsonic wrote:Looks like Frankf already had this one down. (Or is MLC being cheeky?) :D
He's not just one big cheeky gorilla, but IIRC when he picked me up to use my fur as dunny paper, my view changed from the serenity of my river-side perch to one of, well, I won't go there. Hang on... I already did, hence my privileged capacity to inform you that he indeed has two cheeks.

So, next time you think, "What a cheek", remember that there's yet another in reserve. Such talent.

Magilla, you know I luv ya bro', so don't take it poosonally; folks talk about my butt all the time. Monkey's an asshole this and an asshole that... it never seems to end down here in Jungleville. :lol:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here