Eventide H-3000 plug-in

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
cloudsplitter
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Eventide H-3000 plug-in

Post by cloudsplitter »

Hey guys, I have just bought the H-3000 plug-in but I'll be damned if I can get it to show up in DP....it is all licensed and ilok and in my componants folder but it isn't coming up in the plug in list...have any of you been successful at installing this new plug-in..?? BTW I am on current versions of both DP and Apple 10.10.3. Thanks in advance
Mac Pro 3,1 8 core 12 gigs ram Mavericks. DP-8.05 Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra, motu traveler, motu MIDI express, 2-24" LCD monitors, Yamaha HS80M,Yamaha NS10M's JBL28P monitors. Mackie control universal, BFD-2, Omnisphere,Trilian Ozone 4, Melodyne Studio/Editor, . Alesis Masterlink. Avalon 737sp. PCM 90. MikTek C4V. Korg Triton Extreme. Paul Reed Smith guitars, MPC-2500 there's more..but that's the heart of it.
Shooshie

Re: Eventide H-3000 plug-in

Post by Shooshie »

cloudsplitter wrote:Hey guys, I have just bought the H-3000 plug-in but I'll be damned if I can get it to show up in DP....it is all licensed and ilok and in my componants folder but it isn't coming up in the plug in list...have any of you been successful at installing this new plug-in..?? BTW I am on current versions of both DP and Apple 10.10.3. Thanks in advance
Tell us what you've done so far to try to get it to show up. Have you looked in Preferences under "Audio Plugins?" You may have to check the box beside it to make it show up.

If it's not appearing even in THAT list, then I question if you installed it in the right place. My plugins are all installed in the global Library folder (as opposed to the User library), in /Library/Audio/Plugins/[Components and many other folders]

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
cloudsplitter

Post by cloudsplitter »

you were right i had to click on it in the plug in window in preferences.....i have never had to do that before.....i will have to remember that. thanks
Mac Pro 3,1 8 core 12 gigs ram Mavericks. DP-8.05 Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra, motu traveler, motu MIDI express, 2-24" LCD monitors, Yamaha HS80M,Yamaha NS10M's JBL28P monitors. Mackie control universal, BFD-2, Omnisphere,Trilian Ozone 4, Melodyne Studio/Editor, . Alesis Masterlink. Avalon 737sp. PCM 90. MikTek C4V. Korg Triton Extreme. Paul Reed Smith guitars, MPC-2500 there's more..but that's the heart of it.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

I take this to mean that I have a little more luck as the Eventide H3000 2.5.1. version was good successfully validated by Digital Performer 8.07.
Another annoyance is displayed: when I change patches it takes 30 seconds to mount.
Meanwhile, DP with the rotating freeze pizza ! :oops:

Does anyone has seen this ?
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

corbo-billy wrote:I take this to mean that I have a little more luck as the Eventide H3000 2.5.1. version was good successfully validated by Digital Performer 8.07.
Another annoyance is displayed: when I change patches it takes 30 seconds to mount.
Meanwhile, DP with the rotating freeze pizza ! :oops:

Does anyone has seen this ?
H3000 verified just fine when I started up DP after installing the plugin.

Are you saying it takes 30 seconds to change patches after you make the selection? Can't say that I've seen that for the H3000 but have seen it when I demoed Excalibur from Exponential Audio. I am forever thankful for demo software - saved me a ton of money.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

musicman691 wrote: Are you saying it takes 30 seconds to change patches after you make the selection?
Yes, affirmative . But, I reported this and they work there .

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/10179.aspx
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

corbo-billy wrote:
musicman691 wrote: Are you saying it takes 30 seconds to change patches after you make the selection?
Yes, affirmative . But, I reported this and they work there .

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/10179.aspx
Interesting; I just checked again here and patch change is instantaneous. DP 8.07, OSX 10.9.5, 27 inch mid 2011 iMac with 32 gig ram. If I understand what you wrote in the Eventide forum you're running OSX 10.7.5 right? That might be the issue. Which version are you running - au or vst? au here.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

musicman691 wrote:If I understand what you wrote in the Eventide forum you're running OSX 10.7.5 right? That might be the issue. Which version are you running - au or vst? au here.
Yes, I am under 10.7.5 and I use au version for the Plug-in with D.P. _
guitardood

Post by guitardood »

As much as I hate "me too" posts... Me too! I'm on DP8.07, OS X 10.10.3 and am experiencing the same lag on patch changes. It hangs for a few secs then teases you like it's loaded by returning the pointer to an arrow and then bam, beach ball for 30-45 secs. After that, it works fine. Kind of a PITA when trying to audition presets though. 45 seconds is an eternity when you're watching paint dry, LOL!

Chuck Fletcher on Reverb Nation
Chuck Fletcher on Facebook

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You know, eventually you're going to get the one filled with alien-like nasty tasting goo and have to spit it out and say YUCK".
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

Once everything loads, how are you guys digging the sound?

In investigating the H3000 I stumbled onto Excalibur, anyway I sprang for Excalibur on the last day of the intro sale and am thrilled with it, and after inventory of all the fab delays I already own am back on the fence about spending more $ at the moment.

Always room for one more, though, so if it brings something new to the party I'd love to hear about it!
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Tobor wrote:Once everything loads, how are you guys digging the sound?

In investigating the H3000 I stumbled onto Excalibur, anyway I sprang for Excalibur on the last day of the intro sale and am thrilled with it, and after inventory of all the fab delays I already own am back on the fence about spending more $ at the moment.

Always room for one more, though, so if it brings something new to the party I'd love to hear about it!
I demoed Excalibur when it first came out; had it for about 3 weeks. It is indeed a Swiss army knife of a plugin (as their copy states) but I had several issues with it the developer didn't think were issues. One is the patch selection - there is no highlight bar to show you where you're at in the menu. Another is there could be a couple more copy/paste plugin parameters between voices. Yet another was the majority of patches are mono. Excalibur may be good for those that don't have plugins that do what the emulations it has does.

By week 2 of that eval I downloaded the H3000 demo. It doesn't get the funky sounds Excalibur does but then again what Excalibur does doesn't fit in with what I do. H3000 really fits in well and the editing of patches is a lot easier to deal with than Excalibur. There was one thing I really like about Excalibur and that is the ring modulator. I need a good one because I have need for a Dalek voice in some work I'm doing.

In the end I deleted Excalibur and spent the dough on the H3000. With the current 40% off and buying from Audio Deluxe I got H3000 for right about half it's normal cost. Can't beat that with a stick.

The thing it comes down to is which fits your work better.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

There's a brand-new update to H3000 Factory today, with performance improvements and too many other upgrades to mention independently of this article (which tells the whole story) from AES:

http://news.aesshow.com/2015/04/piece-o ... y-plug-in/
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
guitardood

Post by guitardood »

mhschmieder wrote:There's a brand-new update to H3000 Factory today, with performance improvements and too many other upgrades to mention independently of this article (which tells the whole story) from AES:

http://news.aesshow.com/2015/04/piece-o ... y-plug-in/
Download is not available yet. Still has 2.5.1 posted as the latest.

Chuck Fletcher on Reverb Nation
Chuck Fletcher on Facebook

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You know, eventually you're going to get the one filled with alien-like nasty tasting goo and have to spit it out and say YUCK".
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Yeah, I was wondering why DP didn't revalidate that plug-in after I downloaded and installed the latest from their website last night. :-)
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

mhschmieder wrote:Yeah, I was wondering why DP didn't revalidate that plug-in after I downloaded and installed the latest from their website last night. :-)
So you only have 2.5.1 then?
No 2.5.2 as of this writing.