Calibrate Plug In

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
markmcb
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Calibrate Plug In

Post by markmcb »

I can't seem to get the routing correct for the calibration plug-in, so I can set the correct volumes for my monitors.. If I can get this figured out, then I would like to have the calibration plug-in send out pink noise through my monitors and have a microphone on another channel receive the noise...and with a spectrum analyzer on this channel...be able to see the frequency spectrum of my speakers.
I can set up one channel...with the calibrator...sending the noise out the mains.I can set up another channel with the microphone input and the spectrum analyzer as a plug-in.When I speak through the mic it registers on the analyzer.But when I send the noise out the mains, it does not get picked up by the mic channel.I can do these things separately...but they don't work at the same time.
That aside..I can't seem to simply set up the calibrator routing.
I would appreciate any help...Thanks
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Calibrate Plug In

Post by mikehalloran »

Are you causing a feedback loop? DP really tries to avoid that.

If that's not the issue, try posting your setup.

What does the manual have to say?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro