Plug-In Alliance EQ Rangers Vol 1 for $19

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Plug-In Alliance EQ Rangers Vol 1 for $19

Post by James Steele »

Just got an email from Plug-In Alliance for a special deal on a plug in for $19. It turns out the special deal is on EQ Rangers Vol 1. Here's the info on the plug:

https://plugin-alliance.com/en/products ... vol_1.html

To get it for $19, you have to go to this page and enter "easteregg" in the box labeled VOUCHER:

https://plugin-alliance.com/en/activate.html
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
philbrown

Re: Plug-In Alliance EQ Rangers Vol 1 for $19

Post by philbrown »

Downloading now. Thanks James!
I love me some EQ choices.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Thanks. Got it. I didn't even remember I had an account there.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Nice! I snagged it and also downloaded the freebies while I was in there. For $19, worth a look.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

By the way... I'm thinking that to avoid clogging on the normal DP forums, I may make a new forum called "Software Deal Alerts" etc. where members of this forum can share these sorts of special deals they come across.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I like that idea.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

James Steele wrote:By the way... I'm thinking that to avoid clogging on the normal DP forums, I may make a new forum called "Software Deal Alerts" etc. where members of this forum can share these sorts of special deals they come across.
Good idea. Could even be just plugs in general and include special deals as part of that. I always though plug posts in the DP forum seemed off-topic but it's your board!
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

philbrown wrote:
James Steele wrote:By the way... I'm thinking that to avoid clogging on the normal DP forums, I may make a new forum called "Software Deal Alerts" etc. where members of this forum can share these sorts of special deals they come across.
Good idea. Could even be just plugs in general and include special deals as part of that. I always though plug posts in the DP forum seemed off-topic but it's your board!
Well, it gets to be a tricky issue as far as how much to break down a forum. I could make a Plugins forum and then I could have subforums for each manufacturer. Not sure though if that would be helpful as sometimes there's some valuable information contained in these topics and people would have more place they need to check. The volume of postings here isn't that great that there are an overwhelming number of new posts per day.

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I was just thinking about that. We have the free plugin topic but there's a lot of good stuff that's a no brainer butt not free.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

As the man said, it's your board, you can set it out however you think it best, but it won't make no never-mind to how I use MN if you sub-divide it some more.

I never use the forum structure myself - unless, that is, I am posting an entirely new topic.
(Esp. after getting in trouble once for not respecting the forum structure!)

I come to MN via a bookmark for 'View New Topics', or a search, if I am after something specific.

Hyperlinks and search engines are the go nowadays, not categories and lists.
After all, they call it the 'World Wide Web' and not the 'World Wide Hierarchically Categorized'.

Either way, don't think for a minute that you are going to get away with a bump in fees based on all that extra time you spend setting up forums, fiveums, or whatever. If you and Doris want a pay rise, you are going to have to come up with a better reason than that.

p.s. do the Vimeo code thing first, that is what the customers really want.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

BKK-OZ wrote:p.s. do the Vimeo code thing first, that is what the customers really want.
Hahaha... point taken! :) It's tax time and I've just started in on TurboTax. Might be a while before I get to that, but that's a good one. Speaking of Vimeo, I've also heard they don't compress the crap out of video and the picture is better. I know you can upload 1080p to YouTube, but from what I heard they apply another compression that sort of mangles it. I guess because it's *free* that's what happens.

mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

The $19 will save you more than that in time alone. I don't know yet if I'd keep it on a final production run, but the unique approach they take to graphic (vs. parametric) equalization has made a convert out of me (and I normally hate graphic eq). It's very musically useful the way they've fine-tuned each plug-in in the suite for special tasks.

I find it works well at the most preliminary mix stages -- especially if a client is in the room and wants a quick idea of how the mix might sound, after initial tracking or overdubs.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

mhschmieder wrote:<<<the unique approach they take to graphic (vs. parametric) equalization has made a convert out of me (and I normally hate graphic eq). It's very musically useful the way they've fine-tuned each plug-in in the suite for special tasks.>>>
I felt the same way about graphics until I started using UA's API graphic.
I've only tried the Vocal ranger so far but I dig it.
I like where the frequencies are- seems like good choices to me.
The API is all-purpose and not so specifically tailored of course.

mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I tried the Vocal Ranger last night on a track while exploring my $19 purchase. I made a slight tweak on one slider and it sat perfectly in the mix. Ok then... $ well spent.

I tried it on a few other things and was impressed -- not tried the 4 different settings feature. Like everybody, I have many EQ plugs but there will be other situations where this will be just right. I don't think I would ever have spent the full $149 on it.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

mikehalloran wrote:I tried the Vocal Ranger last night on a track while exploring my $19 purchase. I made a slight tweak on one slider and it sat perfectly in the mix. Ok then... $ well spent.

I tried it on a few other things and was impressed -- not tried the 4 different settings feature. Like everybody, I have many EQ plugs but there will be other situations where this will be just right. I don't think I would ever have spent the full $149 on it.
Can you tell me if you were able to save presets from DP's window with it? I couldn't. Maybe I have a permissions issue I have to fix. :(