Plug-In Alliance EQ Rangers Vol 1 for $19

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Plug-In Alliance EQ Rangers Vol 1 for $19

Post by Shooshie »

James Steele wrote:By the way... I'm thinking that to avoid clogging on the normal DP forums, I may make a new forum called "Software Deal Alerts" etc. where members of this forum can share these sorts of special deals they come across.
Or just banish them to the off-topic forum. Beats further subdivisions.

One thing I learned back in the UseNET days, was that over-categorization of a newsgroup would lead to its marginalization. The "alt" newsgroups were always petitioning UseNET's overlords for permission to set up a real newsgroup with structure. It took an act of [insert favorite deity here] to make that happen, so the organizers of the alt group would typically over-categorize it to make it seem more legit. On occasion one would succeed, and the readers of the alt group would migrate to the new legit group. There, faced with a half-dozen to a dozen subdivisions, they split off into splinter groups that became cult-like, while those who had just enjoyed the camaraderie of their own kind would try to continue in the "general" group. But the general group then would have fewer people in it, and eventually interest would wane, and people drifted away. (this was before Spam killed the whole UseNET network.)

Then people started gathering at forums, which of course could control spam through membership and moderation. I saw the same behavior happening at a number of such forums, including the big one, Mac Central, which was the grandaddy of all Mac forums with a huge following in the 1990s. When they split it up, it became cultish, diluted, and finally closed down, its diehard members roaming the internet for a new home, of which they went through about half a dozen before ending up as a small, invitation-only group on Facebook.

I pass that info on free of charge; no need for Doris to cut me a check.

Shoosh

PS: MOTUNation wins half the battle of cultism and division by forbidding politics and religion. Seriously, that's one of the reason I'm here! I don't know if further subdivision of categories would help or hurt, here, as this is the only forum I've been a member of that forbid politics and religion without being unbearable because of bullying overlords. It's possible that it wasn't the categorization that broke up the many newsgroups and forums I've seen fall, but politics & religion. Keeping that out of here may prevent the cultism and its inevitable attrition that only became possible when there were specific categories which allowed people to retreat and regress to their lowest instinctual form of tribal society.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

I think in this instance a sub-forum would be handy, especially for luddites such as myself when it comes to time-limited offers; it could help ensure we don't miss out on some of these deals that seem to disappear as quickly as they surface.
bayswater wrote:I was just thinking about that. We have the free plugin topic but there's a lot of good stuff that's a no brainer butt not free.
Naughty boy, Stoivo!

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

monkey man wrote: Naughty boy, Stoivo!
Gimme a break. I just got a new iPad. BTW, I saw this in a bookstore in the music section yesterday. No attribution, but we know who it is. Bad monkey.

2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Oh man, I wasn't prepared for that! I inhaled my coffee while laughing.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Headstock feet...lol
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

mikehalloran wrote:I inhaled my coffee while laughing.
Don't knock it. The caffeine rush comes on faster that way, maaaaaan! 8)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
guitardood

Post by guitardood »

Thanks for the heads-up, James! These are pretty awesome.

Chuck Fletcher on Reverb Nation
Chuck Fletcher on Facebook

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You know, eventually you're going to get the one filled with alien-like nasty tasting goo and have to spit it out and say YUCK".
bolla

Post by bolla »

Grab the free Niveau Filter while you are there.
It is very useful.
Also BX Solo.
Cheers, Bolla
8 Core 2.8 10.11.1 DP 8.07 | Dual 2.5 G5 VEP Slave | PC i7 920 VEP Slave | UAD Sat Quad | MiniMoog
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

bolla wrote:Grab the free Niveau Filter while you are there.
It is very useful.
Also BX Solo.
Cheers, Bolla
I downloaded the four free plugs then this:

https://plugin-alliance.com/en/products ... le_v1.html

It turned out to be all four of the free plugins.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
jloeb

Post by jloeb »

Am I alone in wishing that because of:

1) the very non-overwhelming volume of posts about plugin deals; and
2) the generally well-organized and collegial nature of this board,

that nothing changes with respect to such posts?

I, for one, like a one-page location where I can see DP stuff and also get an instant update on any no-brainers that I may have missed (monkeyman, that was not directed at you even though we've missed you; your brain volume is quite comparable to that of hominids).

Please James, leave the no-brainer deals where we can stumble over them!
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Guess I shoulda moved faster. Voucer code no longer valid. :(
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

See? That's exactly what I mean. Bad luck, Rick. Bugger.
jloeb wrote:... any no-brainers that I may have missed (monkeyman, that was not directed at you even though we've missed you; your brain volume is quite comparable to that of hominids).
Greatest compliment I've had in a while. Thanks bro'! Comparable? Like, a pea is comparable to a basketball. I'll take that!
bayswater wrote:
monkey man wrote:
bayswater wrote:I was just thinking about that. We have the free plugin topic but there's a lot of good stuff that's a no brainer butt not free.
Naughty boy, Stoivo!
Gimme a break. I just got a new iPad. BTW, I saw this in a bookstore in the music section yesterday. No attribution, but we know who it is. Bad monkey.
To be clear, it wasn't simply another MonkeyLabs™ Grammar Detective™ call-out, Stoivo; it was the downright filthiness that spewed forth from your usually-well-filtered lips. Very naughty.

Oh, and I guess you got me there, posing with my occasional bed toy, trying to look intelligent. S'pose I failed on two counts: I made out I was playin' when I can't, and everyone knows I'm a beer short of a six pack, no matter the pose. Even I'll admit it's not the most flattering snapshot. Better have a word with the PR department..

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

monkey man wrote: Bugger.
To be clear, it wasn't simply another MonkeyLabs™ Grammar Detective™ call-out, Stoivo; it was the downright filthiness that spewed forth from your usually-well-filtered lips. Very naughty.
Many aspire to your standards in these matters but few succeed.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
billf

Post by billf »

bayswater wrote:
monkey man wrote: Naughty boy, Stoivo!

Oh my. So that was the origin of the genre known as Monk Rock. I believe his stage name back then was Nicky Rotten Banana.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Ha ha ha. You could be right on the money there, Billy.
bayswater wrote:
monkey man wrote: Bugger.
Many aspire to your standards in these matters but few succeed.
Oh dear. Sorry Stoivo. I've been ridin' your a$$ haven't I?

I'll try to go a little easier on you from now on, bud.