Why can't I mute MIDI notes with the mute key?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
sampolfonz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Why can't I mute MIDI notes with the mute key?

Post by sampolfonz »

Am I missing something, or is the MUTE key invalid in the MIDI editor? Why can't I mute individual MIDI notes?

Thanks,

Sam
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Why can't I mute MIDI notes with the mute key?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

DP doesn't do that yet, but DP9 is in the works and I;d be surprised if that wasn't FINALLY added as a feature. Many have called for it.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

A little developer bird mentioned it in passing as a "possibility" in DP9. In this case "possibility" I think means unless they find that it introduces a bug they can't fix by release date. Gearlsutz post on DP9, not EULA being broken here.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

And when does that little bird voodoo hit our computer screens? IOW, when will we see DP9? OR will we see DP 8.1 first? Only his feather duster knows for sure.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

sampolfonz wrote:Am I missing something, or is the MUTE key invalid in the MIDI editor? Why can't I mute individual MIDI notes?

Thanks,

Sam

We've never had a MIDI mute that operated on the single-event level. MOTU's been awfully busy lately. Let's see what DP9 brings. They've vowed to add some major changes to free up our workflows, and as MLC said, that's one of the most often-requested features. That said, I don't know if they will or won't. My advice?

Patience, glasshoppah.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|