Wavelore Pedal Steel & machfive3?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rogerhcarr
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Wavelore Pedal Steel & machfive3?

Post by rogerhcarr »

Has anyone tried using the Wavelore pedal steel V.I. with machfive? It's designed to be used with Kontakt, but can it be used successfully with M5?
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Wavelore Pedal Steel & machfive3?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

No go in M5. Great instrument.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
rogerhcarr

Post by rogerhcarr »

Thanks... Shame - Kontakt is 400 bucks...
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

True, but it also comes with a great library and is supported by many superb and inexpensive instrument developers. Obviously we all need to allocate funds carefully. My feeling is this: I like to get paid well for doing good work. Similarly, I don't mind paying for quality work. Kontakt is really worth it. The slide gtr is a fine example. It's the only decent one you'll find unless someone comes out with a new one.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
jloeb

Post by jloeb »

Love all of Wavelore's stuff. It's beautifully done and, on release, it was completely unique.

OrangeTree Samples has recently also entered the booming slide guitar sample library market :headbang: with slide steel and acoustic libraries, both of which are typically very good.

Agreed w/MLC about Kontakt. Don't buy it alone though: for $100 more the best value is Komplete 10, no contest. It includes so much that if budget is a concern you genuinely could call yourself done after acquiring it, excepting specialty libraries here and there. The Reaktor user library alone is so deep that one risks becoming a full-time patch-auditioner by getting lost in it.