DP 8 with Mackie Control Universal 2.1.2 ?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
GMThomas
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 8 with Mackie Control Universal 2.1.2 ?

Post by GMThomas »

Hi everyone. Could y'all help me, please. I've seen a Mackie Control Universal version 2.1.2 for sale recently, and was wondering if it was compatible with DP8. I know that it's an older model Mackie (the readout actually says "for Emagic Logic Audio") but I was hopeful that it might work. Any help from the experienced DP users is greatly appreciated. :) Thank you.
GMThomas

Re: DP 8 with Mackie Control Universal 2.1.2 ?

Post by GMThomas »

Ooooops… Should've browsed the forum before posting the question. I found my answer in a number of older posts. Thanks anyway, everyone. :)
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

GMThomas wrote:Hi everyone. Could y'all help me, please. I've seen a Mackie Control Universal version 2.1.2 for sale recently, and was wondering if it was compatible with DP8. I know that it's an older model Mackie (the readout actually says "for Emagic Logic Audio") but I was hopeful that it might work. Any help from the experienced DP users is greatly appreciated. :) Thank you.
It will work. I'm sitting next to a "Logic Control" that works perfectly.
Emagic the makers of Logic pre-Apple buyout worked with Mackie on the Logic Control. Mackie within months of releasing the Logic Control released it as Mackie Control. I guess Emagic's licensing deals weren't very strong and Mackie ran with their joint venture...

Anyway a Mackie Control will work with DP just fine. the only caveat is it doesn't control V-Racks.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
GMThomas

Post by GMThomas »

Thanks so much, Michael :)