Sonnox Group Buy 2015 at DontCrack

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Nick Hamilton
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Sonnox Group Buy 2015 at DontCrack

Post by Nick Hamilton »

Nick Hamilton wrote:Hello Everybody,

We did it in 2011!

It was a great success!

Well it's back, let's make history repeat itself!

Sonnox Group Buy 2015!

Enjoy!

Nick 

Nick Hamilton

Re: Sonnox Group Buy 2015 at DontCrack

Post by Nick Hamilton »

Hello Everybody,

There are 292 subscribers now!

8 more to go.

50% off is going to be a reality!

Everyone who signs up before the 23RD is going to get the Group Buy Price when we hit 300!

http://store.dontcrack.com/group-buy

Best Regards,

Nick
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Are any of their restoration plugs worth bothering with now that RX is at v4?

Also, who has tried the codec plug-ins and can comment on whether they're useful at the mastering stage and/or are best applied earlier (in other words, do the codecs tend to make you remix before remastering for each target format, or does it seem sufficient to slap this plug-in on the mastering chain and quickly derive multiple targets that "fix" problems with each format?).

I use their de-esser all the time, for guitars of all things! Couldn't live without it -- especially since Eiosis plug-ins are still 32-bits.

I no longer use the others much, as Slate Digital plug-ins are quickly becoming my primary go-to's. But they are all good; especially at half-price.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
Nick Hamilton

Post by Nick Hamilton »

Hello Everybody,

There are 307 subscribers now!

You did it!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

A special thanks to the people who signed up right at the start and took the risk of it not working out.

50% off is now a reality!

Everyone who signs up before Monday at midnight HERE, is going to get the SONNOX Group Buy Price!

Best Regards,

Nick
Last edited by Nick Hamilton on Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Hamilton

Post by Nick Hamilton »

mhschmieder wrote:Are any of their restoration plugs worth bothering with now that RX is at v4?

Also, who has tried the codec plug-ins and can comment on whether they're useful at the mastering stage and/or are best applied earlier (in other words, do the codecs tend to make you remix before remastering for each target format, or does it seem sufficient to slap this plug-in on the mastering chain and quickly derive multiple targets that "fix" problems with each format?).

I use their de-esser all the time, for guitars of all things! Couldn't live without it -- especially since Eiosis plug-ins are still 32-bits.

I no longer use the others much, as Slate Digital plug-ins are quickly becoming my primary go-to's. But they are all good; especially at half-price.

Hello mhschmieder,

All the Sonnox plug-ins can be demoed for 15 days (as long as you have an iLok account and a iLok 2).

In that way you change them a good evaluation and see if they compare favourably with the others in the same category. Nothing beats testing them on your system, your listening environment and your tracks.

Opinions vary like people's taste in clothes and cars. One man's meat is another man's poison as they say.

Best Regards,

Nick

Product Manager
DontCrack
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Hey MS. We have the big Fraunhofer and it is truly amazing. To be able to hear what works best with a given project is very powerful.

We have worked both ways. Taken final mixes and then processed with fraunhofer, and in some cases have done tweaks to the files just because we were suspecting the 'end all' for that piece was some stupid little dumbed down file. (Yeah I hate low res stuff LOL)
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Labman, thanks for valuable feedback. I almost went for the dumbed-down edition during an earlier sale, but decided to hold out on the full edition once at a good price. But as my current clients aren't too interested in low-res formats, I'm going to be looking more at its overall support for codecs that might come up in other contexts such as music-for-video.

I doubt I can demo any Sonnox plugs anymore as I demoed many of them on TC Powercore a number of years ago and maybe even on my old underpowered G4 iMac. I couldn't really eval on that system due to all the problems.

At any rate, I have no time for evals for a few weeks, as I have been slammed at work for more months in a row than I can remember, and it's not likely to let up for another few weeks. I keep downloading demos that expire before I have a chance to try them.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH